Patch 7.3.5

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:The servers are now up! And, sadly, the three Silithid Rares are still untamable :( They also did not fix the beasts that were listed under incorrect families.
That's some great Blizzard quality assurance.

Maybe an idea to make a tweet at Warcraftdevs or Muffinus, or whomever is more prevalent on the hunter pet front?
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Well, I've acquired a new silithid friend, and he's lovely. But, I really hope that the others are made tameable. (I want the teal or black!)
Sukurachi wrote:and I don't understand the extra bag slots thing.
I HAVE an actual authenticator (I don't have a cell phone), it tells me I have 4 extra bag slots (which are not visible).

Then I decided to turn off all my add-ons and there it was, an extra row of bag slots in my backpack.. to which I didn't have access unless I signed up for SMS, whatever that is.

So this means the extra bag slots are only for people with cell phones?
Same problem here, and not sure what to do about it.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Teigan wrote:Well, I've acquired a new silithid friend, and he's lovely. But, I really hope that the others are made tameable. (I want the teal or black!)
Sukurachi wrote:and I don't understand the extra bag slots thing.
I HAVE an actual authenticator (I don't have a cell phone), it tells me I have 4 extra bag slots (which are not visible).

Then I decided to turn off all my add-ons and there it was, an extra row of bag slots in my backpack.. to which I didn't have access unless I signed up for SMS, whatever that is.

So this means the extra bag slots are only for people with cell phones?
Same problem here, and not sure what to do about it.
Is the red silithid still a bugged tame?

Heard something about them disappearing once you dismiss them once.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:Unfortunately, Sukurachi, that is correct. You go to your account page on the WoW site and you can activate the SMS security, but can only do so if you have a cell phone.
So it requires more than just the authenticator? Have Blizzard confirmed that’s intended because (a) it’s not what they promised and (b) fuck that. :p :p :p
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I haven't heard of that bug happening, Qraljar :o

@Teigan Do you have a cell phone? If so, then you go to your account page on the WoW website and there should be an option on the left-hand side to activate SMS protection.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wain wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:Unfortunately, Sukurachi, that is correct. You go to your account page on the WoW site and you can activate the SMS security, but can only do so if you have a cell phone.
So it requires more than just the authenticator? Have Blizzard confirmed that’s intended because (a) it’s not what they promised and (b) fuck that. :p :p :p
Aye, they confirmed that it is intended. Was in a blue post.
Sonam
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Sonam »

Wain wrote:
I've only got the original auth, also got the 4 slots. I believe it is a bug that some folks who have only the one are not getting 'em. I still believe the blue post was either a typo, or misinformed.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:
Wain wrote:
Aye, they confirmed that it is intended. Was in a blue post.
Then I'm not going for it. I'm sticking with just the authenticator.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761056483#8
It sounds like you need both an authenticator AND to active SMS protect. I had a physical authenticator attached but I hadn't set up SMS protect. I went ahead and did it since, it's not really a big deal for me, I don't use my phone that much anyways, but it is strange that an authenticator alone isn't enough.

Apparently it can take up to 30 minutes to register after doing these things.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Anyone planning on tweeting one of the devs or multiple about the wrongly tagged creatures and the new silithids not being marked tameable?

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It has been reported multiple times since a month or two ago, and they didn't do anything :/
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:It has been reported multiple times since a month or two ago, and they didn't do anything :/
Really? On Twitter?

Because honestly, it feels like they check that more than their official forums. :lol:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I believe Wain posted something on Twitter. I know there were a few posts on the official forums, plus ingame bug reports.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:I believe Wain posted something on Twitter. I know there were a few posts on the official forums, plus ingame bug reports.
Ahh, never mind, then. Thought no one had reported it yet, believing that it would be fixed in some build before release.

My bad!

revial

Unread post by revial »

Novikova wrote:Where was it? I'm not seeing it on MG.

Edit: Finally found it. It just took awhile to spawn.
Any idea how long the spawn is? I arrived to see its corpse, and have been waiting almost an hour now for it to respawn. :/

Edit: Unless the spawn is random, it appears to be somewhere between 1.5 and 2 hours.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

revial wrote:
Novikova wrote:Where was it? I'm not seeing it on MG.

Edit: Finally found it. It just took awhile to spawn.
Any idea how long the spawn is? I arrived to see its corpse, and have been waiting almost an hour now for it to respawn. :/

Edit: Unless the spawn is random, it appears to be somewhere between 1.5 and 2 hours.
Cool to know, thanks :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Looks like the new Black Qiraji War Tank is indeed intended to just be for Scarab Lords. Those who are were automatically given one. From what I've been reading, most either don't mind this or are supportive of there being exclusive content.
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

In regards to the red Panthara: the spawn seems perhaps bugged. I tamed the first one available the minute realms came up. It respawned 10-15 min later for my friend, who failed twice and had it despawn on her (no kill- he had reset, was there a moment, then gone). Haven’t seen it come back up though I’m sure it did at some point during raid.

Re: red silithid: not a bugged tame on live. Dismissed and resimmonrd several times and he survived two crashes.

Naroua untameable of course but was worth a shot. Mana buffed blue Panthara revert to normal coloring after tame, as before.

Albino umbrafin were easy to find. Had to kill a few pink ones and two respawned white.

Can confirm that mini pet is dropping off the silithid bosses on live.

Also, hi! Had an account since around 2008 but couldn’t remember login and password reset never worked so I made a new one. Used to be Helsinki.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

So the new Black Qiraji War Tank is only given to those whom got the scarab lord title.... that's awfully unfortunate.

Could they not have added it in another capacity, no matter how ludicrously hard/rare to get? But to just give a new, permanent mount, with an original model and color, to a very very select few, that either manged to get one on the effort of so many others, or cheese it in WotLK is just.... :|

It's like creating a new Nether drake Mount, and then only giving it free, to BC Arena Season 1 gladiators... the mind, it boggles.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

SpiritBinder wrote:So the new Black Qiraji War Tank is only given to those whom got the scarab lord title.... that's awfully unfortunate.

Could they not have added it in another capacity, no matter how ludicrously hard/rare to get? But to just give a new, permanent mount, with an original model and color, to a very very select few, that either manged to get one on the effort of so many others, or cheese it in WotLK is just.... :|

It's like creating a new Nether drake Mount, and then only giving it free, to BC Arena Season 1 gladiators... the mind, it boggles.
Don't even get me started Spiritbinder.

If I get started on it, I'll be ranting about it even more than I already have, and I'm probably starting to get a reputation here from just ranting about Silithid stuff.

But because I am a petty one. To make your analogy even more fitting:

Imagine they make a random updated new Netherdrake model without armor. It has a lot of design liberties taken and has elements in the model that the old one plainly did not, like maybe ears or four eyes instead of two. People are psyched to get a shot at obtaining this cool new model that is not only a new mesh altogether with a new textureset, but also is sort of a spiritual redesign in that it has new bells and whistles attached that the old one never did.

So they give the model to people who were gladiators in The Burning Crusade. Who still have their title and unique mount from back then and possibly haven't done any PvPing since WoTLK. Seems fair.

But yeah, I hate it.
Valnaaros wrote:Looks like the new Black Qiraji War Tank is indeed intended to just be for Scarab Lords. Those who are were automatically given one. From what I've been reading, most either don't mind this or are supportive of there being exclusive content.
Has nothing to do with prestige or exclusive content in my opinion.

The old one is still exclusive, and Scarab Lords never worked towards this new model.