What are your Allied Races plans?

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: What are your Allied Races plans?

Unread post by Maizou »

Täräin13 wrote:Thought I would jump on the bandwagon, just to be positive about something in BFA!

Going to race change my nelf to velf.

Current look.

What set is that?
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

are the new races on the PTR yet?
I thought they weren't.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

They aren't. Most are using the Dressing Room tool on Wowhead :)
Täräin13
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn - eu

Unread post by Täräin13 »

Myzou wrote:What set is that?
Most of the items are from Cathedral (Dungeon) and it will take several runs due to RNG and the fact most of the items are dual drop on bosses. Pants however are not a dungeon drop but either a NM BS quest drop or BS WQ drop, so it might be much harder to get, and I must admit I got the pants as the first thing long before I ever entered the cathedral.

Anyways here's the name of the pieces themselves!=)

Imposing dreadsoul headgear
Link-lashed spaulders
Domatrax's chain hauberk
Chain-draped gauntlets
burning chain waistguard
hellblazer's invasion greaves
corruption-fused stompers
cloak of unending assault (I believe it's also a dungeon drop in cathedral)

the bow is vengeful gladiator's longbow
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Nightborne have had updates to their hair colours to include black and grey options!!! I'm so happy (and relieved) and now I'm honestly considering changing Veph to one, if we don't get dark rangers...

Attachments
sdfs.png
sdfs.png (314.86 KiB) Viewed 4375 times
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

The first one to level when the time comes would be my Nightborne Rogue. Time to get busy with RBGs on my currently existing NElf Rogue to get that sweet tint for the Kingslayers that would fit with the Heritage Armor.
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

I'm going to level them all from 20 to 120 once they are avaliable although I don't know the order just yet. Probably either a Nightborne or a Void-Elf. That will have to go concurrent with whoever I'm leveling to 120 first.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Probably gonna try one of the new elves, definitely a moosey Tauren.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I would love to change my draenei priest to Lightforged! Outside of that, I'd like to see ALL of the Allied Races before deciding what my next alt will be. Most likely a Hunter though, unless they make zero changes to their trees. I just wasn't feeling it in the current expansion.

Edit: turns out I quite like the HM tauren, so I think that's gonna be my first one. Probably a hunter, because duh. :lol:

Attachments
HM Tauren Hunter.png
HM Tauren Hunter.png (346.45 KiB) Viewed 4375 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vephriel

I just can't stop thinking about changing Veph into a Nightborne. The more time that passes the more I find myself leaning toward it.

I haven't made a decision yet and I imagine I won't until we hear some more info about other allied races - it was implied that there would be more in the future, and I'd like to know if that means more added in BfA, or if they just meant they were considering it down the line.

I'm still very attached to the idea of a dark ranger inspired race for the undead, but without knowing for sure...hhhng.

Mostly I just want to like Vephriel's model again. I haven't since the blood elf revamps, she didn't look like herself anymore. I just hope that if I do change her it'll still feel like her. I'm worried about that too, since she's been a blood elf since the very beginning. So many things to mull over!
Attachments
nb veph.png
nb veph.png (331.33 KiB) Viewed 4375 times
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Well, even if you do change her and end up not liking how she feels, at least it's not permanent! You can always go back. I know the money aspect sucks, but I feel that if you're truly not happy with Veph's current model, you should absolutely try changing her. Maybe it'll totally click and you'll love it! And if not, maybe start a Gofundme to get her original look back because I'm pretty sure everyone here would help you if money is a concern. ^_^ :hug: We want our fellow hunters to be happy! I was curious to see which hairstyle you'd use, though. The straight bangs seem so iconic for you. :)

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vephriel

Rhyela wrote:Well, even if you do change her and end up not liking how she feels, at least it's not permanent! You can always go back. I know the money aspect sucks, but I feel that if you're truly not happy with Veph's current model, you should absolutely try changing her. Maybe it'll totally click and you'll love it! And if not, maybe start a Gofundme to get her original look back because I'm pretty sure everyone here would help you if money is a concern. ^_^ :hug: We want our fellow hunters to be happy! I was curious to see which hairstyle you'd use, though. The straight bangs seem so iconic for you. :)
Aww, thanks Rhyela! :hug: Yes, the hair was a bit of a dilemma, though at least they do have a style with bangs, and I like the look of it quite a bit, it's just...rather short. But when I thought about it, Veph's current hair is much shorter than I imagine it too, so I can probably live with that. At least the bangs are there. :lol: I'm hoping there will be more styles added though, it's still so early and the allied races currently don't have much in customization options compared to other races.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I think she looks quite good as a Nightborne, really.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

You can always try changing her race on the ptr, assuming we have access to that later on to see if it works for you?

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Vephriel wrote:I just can't stop thinking about changing Veph into a Nightborne. The more time that passes the more I find myself leaning toward it.

I haven't made a decision yet and I imagine I won't until we hear some more info about other allied races - it was implied that there would be more in the future, and I'd like to know if that means more added in BfA, or if they just meant they were considering it down the line.
They are definitely adding more, from what was said at Blizzcon. So far there are 8 Allied races planned/ coming, but only 6 were ready for announcement and will be ready with the expansion (the 6 announced).

Iirc, they said that the remaining 2 will be coming during BfA lifetime, tho possibly not right at the start (later large content patch). Likely any future Allied Races beyond this initial 8 are up in the air though, since they were asking what people would like to see as feedback. My guess is Allied Races will continue to get added even beyond BfA if it goes well enough.

Vephriel

Rikaku wrote: They are definitely adding more, from what was said at Blizzcon. So far there are 8 Allied races planned/ coming, but only 6 were ready for announcement and will be ready with the expansion (the 6 announced).

Iirc, they said that the remaining 2 will be coming during BfA lifetime, tho possibly not right at the start (later large content patch). Likely any future Allied Races beyond this initial 8 are up in the air though, since they were asking what people would like to see as feedback. My guess is Allied Races will continue to get added even beyond BfA if it goes well enough.
Thanks Rikaku! It was hard to remember the specific details after the Blizzcon hype was over (and hard to track down info again;;).

I think though, I might just go ahead with this once the xpac comes out, I've found myself going to the wowhead model viewer just about every day now to play around with Nightborne!Veph. And you're right Rhyela, if I change my mind later I can always undo it, it's not a permanent change. I don't want to hold back just on the off-chance that the subrace I want will come in the future, there's no guarantee of that, and currently I am really in love with the idea of Nightborne.

Also, that mysterious devilsaur egg that shows up in Shal'Aran after you complete the storyline...you can't tell me that's not Skorn coloured. Maybe it's a sign. :D

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Hey! It does! I've never seen that.

Maybe try some of Veph's transmog sets that you currently own and see how they look on NB Veph? The one you have above looks great on her, but I know you have many more! Make sure you like how they fit the model. Tinker with the animations in model viewer if you haven't already. If you like what you see, then I say go for it!

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Vephriel wrote:
Rikaku wrote: They are definitely adding more, from what was said at Blizzcon. So far there are 8 Allied races planned/ coming, but only 6 were ready for announcement and will be ready with the expansion (the 6 announced).

Thanks Rikaku! It was hard to remember the specific details after the Blizzcon hype was over (and hard to track down info again;;).

I think though, I might just go ahead with this once the xpac comes out, I've found myself going to the wowhead model viewer just about every day now to play around with Nightborne!Veph. And you're right Rhyela, if I change my mind later I can always undo it, it's not a permanent change. I don't want to hold back just on the off-chance that the subrace I want will come in the future, there's no guarantee of that, and currently I am really in love with the idea of Nightborne.

Also, that mysterious devilsaur egg that shows up in Shal'Aran after you complete the storyline...you can't tell me that's not Skorn coloured. Maybe it's a sign. :D

The Devilsaur Egg is being cared for by the Night Elves though, I doubt they'd let the Nightborne use it against the Alliance.
Vephriel

Oh I'm not worried about it in that much detail. :lol: It's inspiration, that's all. :D
bestazy

Unread post by bestazy »

I really want to level up an allied race or two, especially for the armor sets, but to be honest I think they just came too late for me. I already have a fully leveled character for every class I'm interested in playing (druid, DK, hunter, mage) and don't see myself doing one I'm not interested in just because of the new races.
If I could class change and still get the armors, Blizz would be taking my money, but since you don't, I don't see any reason to do it.
Last edited by bestazy on Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.