Patch 7.3.5

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Maizou »

By the way, a change I noticed I didn't see mentioned anywhere else:

You can now TAME Exotic pets as Marksman/Survival.

They'll immediately dismiss and you won't be able to call them, but no more losing a rare spirit beast or such you stumble upon because you needed to change specs.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote:By the way, a change I noticed I didn't see mentioned anywhere else:

You can now TAME Exotic pets as Marksman/Survival.

They'll immediately dismiss and you won't be able to call them, but no more losing a rare spirit beast or such you stumble upon because you needed to change specs.
Wow, really? That’s big!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Yep, tamed a Silithid as Survival before realizing I hadn't switched specs. Was trying to figure out why it instantly vanished. Lol.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Is this only since 7.3.5, I wonder? Have you tried other exotics? I’m afraid I can’t play till Monday night.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Currently working on a level 12 hunter to get info about the rare you posted last page. Have to be 13 to learn tame beast, then gotta wait for the rare to be up. I'll check other exotics afterward.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Wain wrote:Could someone with a low-level Hunter please test out a rare spider called Shadowstalker in Tirisfal Glades?
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=50763/shadowstalker

Someone on Twitter claimed they couldn’t tame that one, though admittedly they tested toward the end of the PTR and not live. It’s one of those +1 or +2 level rares. Thanks :)
Spent an hour and a half leveling from 1-13, but got there.

Was able to tame it no problem.
Wain wrote:Is this only since 7.3.5, I wonder? Have you tried other exotics? I’m afraid I can’t play till Monday night.
Alas, it failed when I tried to tame a Core Hound or a Devilsaur.

But you can see here that Silithid (all species, I tried every silithid model) can be tamed by Survival/MM, despite being Exotic.

Makes me wonder if it's a precursor to the removal of Exotic Pets.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Either it is a precursor to the removal of Exotics, or they'll allow Surv and MM to tame them but not use them, or it is a bug tied to the patch. If it was all Exotics, I would think the former two. But since it is just tied to Silithids, then it might just be a bug (pun intended).
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Double checked the Silithids after today's maintenance. Still not tamable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou, thanks so much for taking the time to test that rare. It’s great to see she’s tameable :)

That’s a shame it isn’t more than silithids that can be tamed by non-BM, but it’s very odd!
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:Myzou, thanks so much for taking the time to test that rare. It’s great to see she’s tameable :)

That’s a shame it isn’t more than silithids that can be tamed by non-BM, but it’s very odd!
When it comes to Silithids, lately, the treatment by Blizzard has been a little lacking, haha.

I mean, I'm sure that's a coincidence, but it's funny. And a bit annoying, but mostly funny.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Honestly, it makes me wonder why Silithid is even exotic in the first place; they're just big bugs. They're not super intelligent (that's the Qiraji), they're not able to speak (also Qiraji), and we can clearly mount them (in AQ40, or with pure luck in Archaeology/early WoW backstabbing). If Survival wasn't absolute trash and actually fun to play, I would totally use a Silithid from time to time. Specifically the new model, since it's just so vicious looking. I can understand Devilsaurs and Corehounds being exotic, since they're absolute monsters, but a giant bug isn't anything special.

The new model honestly looks like a Zerg.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

When they created the Exotic category I think they just looked for anything unusual to tame, and while silithids are “big bugs” they also had an unusual origin and were associated with the Old Gods. By current standards they probably don’t seem all that exotic, but as we’ve discussed before the category seems very arbitrary by modern standards when there are now so many weird non-exotics to tame.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

I think a mini-mini thing went to the PTR. No changes in Silithus.

Didn't expect any, but I just wanted to update.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

What Wain said. At the time, they seemed rather exotic and had an interesting background. I find them interesting due to their ability to rapidly respond and evolve to their environment.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:What Wain said. At the time, they seemed rather exotic and had an interesting background. I find them interesting due to their ability to rapidly respond and evolve to their environment.
Yep. They've always appealed to me and felt quite alien. They're a bit more zerglike now, but they used to be blatant Starship Troopers references, haha.

But when it comes to insect type pets, they are definitely my favorite. Their lore also made them a bit more exotic than, say, a regular spider or crab.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Oh yes, definitely. There are several giant insects in WoW, but the Silithid are the best, imo.
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

My guess is maybe Silithids will be removed from the exotic pets catagory as really there isn't anything truly exotic about them, even with the loose standards of what constitutes an exotic. That makes more sense than allowing MM and Survival the ability to tame but not use exotics.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It makes sense that they would allow MM and Surv to be able to tame and not use Exotics, since then they wouldn't have to worry about being BM if they come upon an exotic.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Huh if lvl 13 hunters can tame lvl 14 beasts I wonder if 110s can tame raid bosses or rares that are higher lvl now.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

No, it has been confirmed that it isn't possible. If it were, Hunters would be able to tame mobs or bosses in raids or dungeons, thus making the instance easier.