Ark: Survival Evolved

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Ana »

I just think its unimaginary to go the route every other game is taking.. we cant figure out how to hold on to costumers.. what do we do.. ohh add more magic!! it could have been such a great building survival game :/ what a same.. shame. Hope Rising world never does this.. then im back to square one...

Ark was a pretty game with dinos.. dangerous to surviva and you could tame them.. They could have added giant insects, i mean there is like a trillion of those to add. They could have added an island/upgrade with none dino animals like lions, elephants etc.. to me that would have made more sensce.. but ohh well glad you enjoy it.
Last edited by Ana on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Real quick. Taming video nerd parade did on the Phoenix
Nerd Parade Phoenix Taming

Tarn - I completely understand. :)

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

zedxrgal

Couple quick SS's.

This was taken yesterday while I was on Ragnarok trying to build a base.
The night view was stunning.

While on short hunting trip & supply drop chasing mission I thought I saw a bright redish pink colored compy. Turns out. It was a baby Dilophosaur. I had to have it. So Benedict stood guard while baby ate to became a juvenile to survive the flight home without starving.

And I FINALLY found an otter on my AG server only to have Benedict take a bite from a boa & flame the bahjesus out of everything. :( RIP little otter. RIP.

Oh. And still have yet to see many regular alphas. Have yet to find a single Giga. I love Annunaki Genesis but things being extremely rare spawns (if they spawn at all) is getting really old.

And wow. *snerk*
ARK @survivetheark
Hey Survivors! We'll be enabling a 1 hour AFK-kick on our official servers when server capacity hits 90% or more. <3

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I decided to try Ark again, just the island and just avoid the magic animals.. It is just as annoying as I remembered.. got killed 15 times by a raptor to start with :/ I managed to finally get away and this is my first dino, a female parasaur, named first.. Not sure how long I be playing ark.. it is still as I remembered it :P

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal

Welcome back!
One thing I want to mention. There is ZERO magic in Ark. Like at all. And no magic animals. The Aberration creatures are basically creatures who were exposed to high levels of radiation & survived. The nameless aren't & never were survivors turned beast. They're basically deformed Mesopithecus who were the most exposed to the radiation fallout. So you wouldn't have to worry about encountering anything "magical". Plus if you don't have the DLC's you would encounter none of it anyway.

I still have my own servers & play as often as I can.

From Aberration:

My rock drake:
He's not painted. The drake naturally spawn in really bright colors.

My first ravager:

Downward drake ............ and strreeetttcchhh:

Someone REALLY wants cuddles:

Foggy morning flight on Ragnarok

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

There is a dino which can heal.... and a whale who can buff, that to me is magic :D - I havent got abberation and dont plan to get it.. I just though I needed something other than Novus.. but ark is pretty much the same game as I left so I uninstalled it again :P It is still too bloddy for me and I run with the blood effects off and with the no blood addon... I am very sensitive about these things

zedxrgal

Fair enough. :) Forgive me but I personally just don't see to much difference between a pig with a healing buff and the FR dragons, who are all about forms of magic. :) To each his own. Least you tried it again. Never hurts to try right. ;)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heh Im weird I know :D to me dragons are just dinos with wings, and I dont have any healer dragons and I avoid all familiars /apparel/accent with healing/magic in them - my dragons cant even wear the spiderwebs due to having witch, enchanter etc in their name.. Im odd I know :lol: . I could easy play ark and just avoid the magic animals.. I think the blood gets me the most :/ - and that it kinda dont have a goal, like most survival game it is make your own game,, and i have found out I am REALLY bad at that :P

speaking of dinoes did you see this . prob not for me either but might be for you as you like ark :D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/37621 ... ags_4__201

zedxrgal

It's totally cool Ms Tarn. :hug: I sometimes allow my mouth to run when I try to understand something.
Strange. Could've sworn I'd heard of that game before. Is that the one you play as the dino? On my tablet so I couldn't seem to see the full description.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I started playing this a few weeks back and besides the random crashes and the fact I have to backup saves all the time it's not that bad. I had to uninstall it a few days ago as it was asking for a really large patch like 60gb? and I had no space :lol:
zedxrgal

Cow - Yeah Ark is a huge title. Seems like most AAA graphically intense titles are theses days. Sorry you had a poor experience. :( Were you playing on single player by chance? If so that explains your crashing issue & having to constantly back up saves. Hopefully you got your money back if you decided not to keep it. :hug:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I think its a game where you play as dino :D And dont worry, I know I am a bit weird ;) My friends shake their head at me all the time :D

zedxrgal

Thank you! I just added it to my Steam wish list. Still too deep into Ark to try it right now. I see it's on early access too which has me leery. :? But I'll keep an eye on it.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

3 years have passed and I thought I would give this a go again. I forgot how to do stuff though. .need to relearn how to do the game. Ini and gamesettings. Ini to my preferences
I feel like a noob

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I am playing the Valguerous map or however that is spelled.. my first encounter was a not very natural looking dino.. soo bright

My first tame in around 3 years :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Im running with the super tran riffle and it makes is soo much easier to tame stuff. Not running with any alpha mods as I need to get reaquanted with the game before taking on the bad guys :lol:

My Parchy was killed by a wooly dino.. a mix between a raptor and a trex... it could fear.. and killed me too

A beaver and a wolf joined my ranks..Im bulding my first base also but need A LOT of wood for that. Good think the beaver helps a lot