Vulpera all customization for MALE / FEMALE.

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tooth
Realm: Kel'Thuzad

Vulpera all customization for MALE / FEMALE.

Unread post by Tooth »

So, I finally got the Vulpera models to finally work in WoW Model Viewer, and while messing around with it, I just decided to make a video of all the customization options, originally I didn't like Vulpera, and do not want them as a race, but, as I was messing around with it, I actually kind of found these guys quite awesome.

They have multiple snout options, and many facial (and ear features) options, aside from skins. The fact that there is so many earring choices makes me believe that these WILL be an allied race. I'm obviously not confirming anything since I don't work for Blizzard, BUT, do have the
feeling.

I also added one of the new zones as the background from the Alpha after a friend sent me a recorded clip to give us an idea what they look in-game.

So, for those who are interested here is a customization video I made, showcasing all the customization options, etc:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qyn35-Dgp0

What do you all think? Race or not a race. I think so, for sure. :D
They also seem to have a lot of Goblin animations though, unfortunately, I think the goblin run/arms is what bothers me.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Vulpera all customization for MALE / FEMALE.

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I hope they won't be and I don't think so, at least not at this point. Vrykul and Naga (especially the former) have plenty of customization options but are not playable. There also hasn't been any indication that they will be, such as Heritage Armor, Mounts, dialogue, etc. However, if they were to be playable, they would be Horde since the Vulpera do not deal with the Alliance.
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

I love them, hopefully they'll be tweaked/added down the road as an allied race for the horde since that would make the most sense. I want something cutesy horde side very badly and adore these little guys, they're pretty great. I adore the customization's on them and the flop eared look is way too cute.

Jacobzuk
Realm: Dentarg

Unread post by Jacobzuk »

Most likely since they did the model viewer thing on wowhead they are most likely using that to see who all males one customized and saved to their wowhead account which would indicate it being favored and hence may later on give way to being playable.
Tooth

Unread post by Tooth »

Valnaaros wrote:I hope they won't be and I don't think so, at least not at this point. Vrykul and Naga (especially the former) have plenty of customization options but are not playable. There also hasn't been any indication that they will be, such as Heritage Armor, Mounts, dialogue, etc. However, if they were to be playable, they would be Horde since the Vulpera do not deal with the Alliance.
That would really suck for Alliance, since players have been upset due to Alliance only getting dark Void Elves and Dwarves nobody asked for/different colour Draenei.

I don't think Blizzard would put another Goblin model reskin on the same faction as well though.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

No reason why they couldn't. No rule stating that allied races have to use different skeletons and animations than those used by the faction they are joined with. Just look at Lightforged, Dark Irons, and Mag'har.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

While they aren’t something I’m particularly interested in as it stands, it does seem like they are being set up to be playable. I don’t think a lack of heritage armor or mount means a lot at this stage when their model is hopefully unfinished (dem creepy long arms, plus I don’t think the gob animations look good on them—but these can be tweaked).

Nonetheless I echo Valnaaros and others here; if they are playable they will be horde. Their datamined text (subject to change, ofc) really shows them to be a race struggling to survive in a hostile world, and their allegiance/Rep with the horde has already been noted. Again I echo Valnaaros; there’s no reason a modified goblin rigging wouldn’t exist on the horde in addition to regular goblins. I don’t think the purpose of allied races was to share rigging; I think this is just coincidental.

Basically, it does seem like they are being set up as an allied race but I think the customization alone is not enough to be certain.

While there are other races I’d prefer, I don’t think there is truly a hard cap on the number blizzard can add and I’d rather add them in conjunction with a good story. Ogres and Vrykul will become relevant again. So will arakkoa and ethereals and wildhammer dwarves, etc. Hope is not lost.
funk#1402

Pewmew
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: aegwynn

Unread post by Pewmew »

Tooth wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:I hope they won't be and I don't think so, at least not at this point. Vrykul and Naga (especially the former) have plenty of customization options but are not playable. There also hasn't been any indication that they will be, such as Heritage Armor, Mounts, dialogue, etc. However, if they were to be playable, they would be Horde since the Vulpera do not deal with the Alliance.
That would really suck for Alliance, since players have been upset due to Alliance only getting dark Void Elves and Dwarves nobody asked for/different colour Draenei.

I don't think Blizzard would put another Goblin model reskin on the same faction as well though.
The lizard-men and rabbit people are both raiding Zandalari territory, so it's not hard to imagine them siding with the alliance when the allies want a new race...
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

One group of Sethrak is. The other is allied with the Horde, as are the Vulpera.
Tooth

Unread post by Tooth »

Interesting comments guys. Weird, I always assumed Vulpera were to be Alliance.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

This 100%. They creep me out. Look like a worgen & a goblin had a baby. While the facials were altered a little they still have a Chihuahua look to them like the female worgen have. Arms are too long. I understand reusing a skeleton. I do. But they really could have altered things even a little bit to make them look a lot less like a furry autumn colored goblin.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Silivren

I don't get the uproar AGAIN. If they creep you out/you don't like them just don't play them. That's literally all there is to it. They'd make some people happy, myself included. Not everything Blizzard adds will cater to everyone/not everyone will like every race/everything they do or add to the game.

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

For me, they just aren't polished enough to be a playable race YET. That may be the issue others have. If they were touched up a bit, they'd be fine.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Silivren

Yes and that's fine, but this is only beta. There are so many people here though that literally hate them because they're cute when have you SEEN a gnome? Those guys are either extremely cute or creepy depending on how you look at them. But it's annoying to me that any thread someone gets excited about them the naysayers have to swoop in and rehash that they don't like them for this and this reason. Just let people like what they like without having to tear it down would be nice. :/

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

And Gnomes have been a joke race since launch. Though Blizz has done great stuff with them since then, Gnomes have continued to be viewed as a joke and will probably always be viewed that way.

I think that a lot of people would just rather have something else instead of Vulpera. It's either that or they just don't like how they look. There are plenty of other races that have far better development than Vulpera and deserve to be playable over them.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

It's a public forum & I am allowed to state if I like something or not regardless of reason. Saying something is "being torn down" is completely untrue. I don't JUST dislike their creepy looks. I dislike them as a whole. Movement mechanics & everything. They are literally a goblin with fur. Yes I have a problem with that. They even have goblin ears! Beta or not they appear to be a finished race. Blizzard may make some tweaks here & there but I doubt very seriously anything major will change. That is truth not a tearing down. Other races may share a skeleton. I'm fine with that. But they do not move identically and /or look identical. Now before people pick that apart I'm talking about completely separate races. Not light forged Draenei etc. I hope that makes sense. It's not just a looks thing. It's the furgobbie package.

Edit: Forgot to add. The other part that bugs me, which may come later, is they have zero lore. No history. Which someone correct me if I'm wrong, is a first for blizzard. I could very well be wrong. :?

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Silivren

I understand it's a public forum, but yes going into every Vulpera thread to say you hate them does seem like tearing them down. Also yes Blizzard added a allied race with no lore, the void elves were unheard of until they became a race. And again you are free to not like something but just saying you don't like it doesn't mean it shouldn't be a race, some people really like them and want them playable, if they bother you don't play one.

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

zedxrgal wrote:It's a public forum & I am allowed to state if I like something or not regardless of reason. Saying something is "being torn down" is completely untrue. I don't JUST dislike their creepy looks. I dislike them as a whole. Movement mechanics & everything. They are literally a goblin with fur. Yes I have a problem with that. They even have goblin ears! Beta or not they appear to be a finished race. Blizzard may make some tweaks here & there but I doubt very seriously anything major will change. That is truth not a tearing down. Other races may share a skeleton. I'm fine with that. But they do not move identically and /or look identical. Now before people pick that apart I'm talking about completely separate races. Not light forged Draenei etc. I hope that makes sense. It's not just a looks thing. It's the furgobbie package.

Edit: Forgot to add. The other part that bugs me, which may come later, is they have zero lore. No history. Which someone correct me if I'm wrong, is a first for blizzard. I could very well be wrong. :?
Creepy? I think they are effing cute.

You mean like how Night Elf in wc3 or Tauren in Wc3 had zero lore?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There weren't playable races in W3. Can also say how Orcs and Humans didn't have any lore back in W1 (compared to now). Further, I believe Zedxrgal is refering go is how Vulpera have no lore compared to that of other races like Vrykul, Naga, Ogres, Broken, etc - races thay deserve being playable over Vulpera.
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

As stated before, the draenai had zero lore when they were made playable. I remember being so confused because I was just a kid playing WoW at the time, but it was so crazy to me that they threw space goats into the mix randomly. Also, lightforged draenai weren't a thing until relatively recently. Void elves were barely introduced before becoming a playable race. While having a connection to a race through the lore is nice, it's definitely not a requirement when blizzard decides what races to make playable. Draenai were plenty popular without having any lore, and VEs are pretty popular too. Not sure why Vulpera get quite as much hate as they do. No race DESERVES to be playable, especially when it comes to allied races. It's about what can work with armor and mounts without spending months building a skeleton and model from the ground up. Sure, there are some races that could work, but if I were an artist I sure as hell would wanna try something new once in awhile. Or maybe they have actual reasons for not making certain races playable.

Also, why is having lore such a big deal when WoW lore gets retconed every expansion? I find the general personality of the race to be far more important than their past.

Lastly, nothing has even been confirmed...

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!