Members with access to Battle for Azeroth Alpha/Beta

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Members with access to Battle for Azeroth Alpha/Beta

Unread post by Quiv »

BTW I am Quivane in Alpha, I bounce between Horde and Alliance (currently horde waiting for last zone to open for testing). In my time on Alpha, I enjoy closing Lua error windows and complaining how a child gave me a quest that sent me into a hive of GIANT BEES. I also included reloadui into my rotation due to the quest log/credit bug. I make a terrible quest companion because I have to stop a lot due to IRL.
aaron1344
Realm: LIghtbringer

Unread post by aaron1344 »

Hello there! long time lurker, one time member and I have rejoined. I recently received alpha and am here to help. I have some time on my hands the next few months so let me know where i can help!

Currently playing Alliance as Lizah
will be creating a hordie as Taurenchips
Kaellan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Kaellan »

I'm in! :mrgreen: I'm Kaellan or a variety thereof .

Shannu
Realm: Malygos

Unread post by Shannu »

Hello, I'm a bit of a long time lurker as well. I've recently got an Alpha invite. I currently on as Sarje - Alliance side, on Sylvanas server.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Just wanted to remind everyone that one way you can help right now is to give feedback in the alpha forums!

Wain's started a thread to talk about the hunter pet revamps - if you feel strongly about any of the changes coming to pet models then this is a great way to add your voice. Even upvoting other comments in the thread shows that it matters to people.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762126410

I don't know if we're going to make a difference, but now's our best chance to try. :)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Another wave just went out, this time aimed seemingly at people with low-end PCs. They always do this near the end of alpha/beta to help get feedback on what effects don't show enough on low settings, what computers cease being able to run it, etc.

As such, I now have access. I'll be joining you guys in a few days. :) Will take a while to download. Then it's time to hope my computer can run it, which I suspect it can't. Lol
Vephriel wrote:Just wanted to remind everyone that one way you can help right now is to give feedback in the alpha forums!

Wain's started a thread to talk about the hunter pet revamps - if you feel strongly about any of the changes coming to pet models then this is a great way to add your voice. Even upvoting other comments in the thread shows that it matters to people.

I don't know if we're going to make a difference, but now's our best chance to try. :)
I upvoted a few posts. Honestly, I think updates are always better. I've yet to see a creature in any expansion get an upgrade I didn't think was vastly better.

But I can undestand sentimental people. And I do agree with the vast changes in color needing to be fixed.
Vephriel

Yeah, I'm overall pretty happy with the models themselves, I would just like the colours and patterns to be more faithful on a few of them which bear little to no resemblance to the originals. :(
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Vephriel wrote:Just wanted to remind everyone that one way you can help right now is to give feedback in the alpha forums!

Thanks for the bringing attention to it!!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

We can't say that we didn't do our best. Hopefully Blizz has noticed or will notice the thread and will make changes :)
Vephriel

Quiv wrote:

Thanks for the bringing attention to it!!
Yeah no prob! I feel like that thread had been kind of lost in one of the topics here so some people may not have seen it.

(I've also been trying to voice as much support as I can in any of the alpha threads dedicated to spec-locked artifact appearances - I feel that hunters especially should be allowed to use BM/MM looks interchangeably)
Last edited by Vephriel on Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Just got the access like a day or two ago. I probably won't be posting much in near future because of studies, but hopefully more during summer.

Also as a first timer, do you guys know what is a more valuable form of feedback? Every single bug, overall flow and feel of a zone, raw numbers of a spec or something else?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Really anything will help. They have a bug reporting tool on the UI (You'll see it. It is very obvious) that you can use to report anything from bugs to numbers. You can also post on the official Alpha forums if you want to go more in depth with bug reports, suggestions, or your thoughts on something :)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

The new bug reporting mechanisms are great to me. Every quest you turn in gives you a chance to mark Yes/No if you run into a bug, and a comment box. I mark No on every quest that I complete that works fine. I've done a lot of software testing, and seeing a bunch of "No, not bugged" is much more useful than no feedback at all. Even if nothing is bugged with a quest, I add comments if I thought something was off about the quest such as drop rates or spawn rates or if things were hard to figure out etc.

You also want to consider the entire state of the Alpha when you submit bugs. If something is available for testing, like quests, they want feedback on every aspect of it. However some things aren't full fleshed out yet, like rares still drop gray placeholder items because their loot hasn't been implemented yet. Usually with new Alpha patches, they will give a heads up on specific things they want feedback on. I am sure any feedback is welcome, but theres not much value in reporting on a system or aspect that isn't ready yet.

And remember, you have a voice just like anyone else. Whatever your personal experience and thoughts are will be valuable. They have a few sticky threads on the forums for some reporting guidelines as well, kinda lays out what kind of feedback is helpful for them.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I just got an alpha invite (first time in an alpha!), and am in the process of installing the absurdly big 40gig files. Will post character names whenever it finishes installing and I get someone made. Hell, I may even make some 1080p videos and upload em somewhere.

EDIT 1: Good lord the install size is rough. 50~ gigs, not 40 like advertised. Had to actually uninstall something so I could have enough room for the alpha. Fair warning for those who (hopefully) get in.

EDIT 2: That download took WAY too long, and I had to restart my computer about ten times because it forced my memory usage to 100% constantly, preventing me from doing ANYTHING. My hunters are on Anduin server; Kikanuu (Alliance) and Yugyug (Horde).
Last edited by WerebearGuy on Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I'm in.
Opportunity
Realm: Cenarius

Unread post by Opportunity »

Just found I got an invite. :)
zyggie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: lightninghoof

Unread post by zyggie »

I just received mine the other day =)
braunmar
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Grizzly Hills

Unread post by braunmar »

I got an invite!
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Is there a chat channel petopians are using already, when looking for/to help with stuff? if not, I'm going to stick with "petopia".
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Not that I'm aware of. There hasn't been a need to coordinate things yet, but that doesn't necessarily mean that a chat wouldn't be useful :)