Lightforged Hunter

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Lightforged Hunter

Unread post by Rhyela »

I haven't played in a few months, so I don't know anything about Legion as of Argus and after. My husband likes the LF draenei, so when we play again I might try a LF hunter. Would that make sense story-wise? Just curious. Thanks!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Re: Lightforged Hunter

Unread post by Xella »

Story-wise, you can obviously make anything fit. There's nothing specifically in the Lightforged story that makes a hunter any more or less likely; I personally don't remember any hunter LF NPCs (there are paladins and priests and mages and generic fighters), but that's not the be-all end-all.

Gameplay-wise it may be more difficult, as you'll need Army of the Light reputation at exalted before you can roll one (plus the story on Argus done I think? I forget that part, but that part's easy in comparison); if you haven't done any Argus at all, that's a bit of a time sink.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Thank you! He said he'll do what it takes to unlock them, so if that means rep grinding, then I guess I know what we'll be doing for a few weeks! :lol: I know regular draenei have the Rangari, I just wasn't sure if their Lightforged brethren had the same.

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The Lightforged at least have Archers. Baraat the Longshot is a notable example. And though there haven't been any seen with pets, there is no reason why they couldn't/wouldn't :)
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I do recall hearing somewhere on Argus, maybe quest text, an NPC, something, that an effort was made to save the wildlife of Argus. Presumably the Army of the Light could have been involved. So, a Lightforged zoologist or veterinarian, who has a special bond with some of his/her animals?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The WQ is issued by Velen. You help some Draenei by using crystals to purge Void corruption in young animals. Unfortunately, those Draenei are just normal ones.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Ah, I found it. It wasn't a quest. It was flavor text from mounts, the Maddened Chaosrunner and the Bleakhoof Ruinstrider

"The Army of the Light could only save so many of Argus' native species; countless numbers were lost to chaos."

Obviously, mount flavor text isn't canon. But it's something :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Depends. I think this is a case where it could be canon lore :)
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Teigan wrote:So, a Lightforged zoologist or veterinarian, who has a special bond with some of his/her animals?
Oh my glob, that's so awesome because I've recently switched majors to become a vet tech! Thank you all so much for your input! <3

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Well there's definitely the LF marksmen I've seen...I always notice them, cause they have bows that I want for my LFD hunter badly, but I guess it's not available. While I haven't seen any NPCs with pets, they can pretty easily have hunter lore as the others have said, especially if you tame some Argus pets for that hunter.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Valnaaros wrote:Depends. I think this is a case where it could be canon lore :)
Teigan wrote:Ah, I found it. It wasn't a quest. It was flavor text from mounts, the Maddened Chaosrunner and the Bleakhoof Ruinstrider

"The Army of the Light could only save so many of Argus' native species; countless numbers were lost to chaos."

Obviously, mount flavor text isn't canon. But it's something :)

Well the only issue is that technically the Draenei didn't join the Army of Light until after the events of them escaping Argus. All Draenei escaped to the Genedar, which split into two ships the Genedar (which would go on to crash on Draenor) and the Xenedar (the ship we'd see crash on Argus when we first arrive). So you wouldn't have any Lightforged Draenei at the immediate exodus of Argus, since lore-wisethe Lightforged trials/process seem to be a longer thing.

BUT

This does mean that any animals saved by the regular Draenei definitely can lead to pets owned by Draenei who became Lightforged.

When you first do the Argus storyline and arrive on Mac'aree with Velen for the first time, he walks towards the area where the Draenei spirits are escaping (or trying to). If you stand at that first area where you land for a bit, you'll see that Draenei are running away being followed along by Talbuk spirits joining them. These talbuks look more like the AU Draenor talbuks, which may be the natural state of Talbuks (which suggests the Argus and Outland ones evolvedfromthe chaotic and fel energies they were exposed to). BUT it does mean that some Draenei did escape to the Genedar with their pets.

TL;DR

Definitely no reason you can't argue that there's a Lightforged Hunters and their pets in the Army of Light. :D