New Family Idea

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

New Family Idea

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

I doubt it will happen but who knows

Name Longnecks.
Spec Tenacity.
Food Fruits,Mushrooms,Fish.
Pets Brutosuars,Giraffes,Loch Ness Monster [Maybe].
Ability Groundbreaking Stomp. Stuns Everything In 15 Yards For 6 Seconds.
Exotic Yes
Secondary Skill Thick Hide [Passive] Reduces All Damage By 15%

That's All i Have For my Family Leave Your Ideas In the comments Below For What i Should Add Or Remove/Change

Thanks You Petopia For Being So Awesome. I Will Always Use this Site For New Pet Updates.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: New Family Idea

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Not a bad idea. Though, I would say that Loch Ness Monsters (Threshadons) would not be in that family, most likely, since they are aquatic. And stun is very op, especially in pvp, due to the range and effect duration.

It's odd that Giraffes haven't been made tamable by now. Aside from having a rather old model, there really isn't a reason for them not to be.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

maybe they get stuck in dungeons?
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:Not a bad idea. Though, I would say that Loch Ness Monsters (Threshadons) would not be in that family, most likely, since they are aquatic. And stun is very op, especially in pvp, due to the range and effect duration.

It's odd that Giraffes haven't been made tamable by now. Aside from having a rather old model, there really isn't a reason for them not to be.
I'm Probably going to Nerf it maybe 3 seconds and 5 yard radius.

I know Nothing about yard so sry.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Or maybe Making it 6 seconds for normal stuff 3 seconds for pvp and raids
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I Made Another New family. this one is based on the fact that threshadons are Underwater

Name. Aquatics.
Diet. Fish,Raw Fish,Meat,Raw Meat,Fruits.
Spec. Cunning.
Ability. Water Blast. Shoots a jet of water at the enemy and knocks them back 5 feet.
Exotic. No.
Pets. Sharks,Carps,Frenzytooths,Threshadons,Sea Rays,Sea Turtles,Orcas,Whale Sharks,Dolphin,Squids,Jellyfish,Eels,Groupers,Seahorse,Puffer Fish.
Skill To Tame. Yes. Its called the Fishermens Bubble You get it by getting exalted with all the water based factions Except Bloodsail
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

As much as I like giraffes, I don't think they make sense with threshadons and brutosaurs
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Teigan wrote:As much as I like giraffes, I don't think they make sense with threshadons and brutosaurs
All Right Ill give you this Thershadons No

But Brutosuars could Work Just Shrink Them
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

ZoroarkRonan wrote:
Teigan wrote:As much as I like giraffes, I don't think they make sense with threshadons and brutosaurs
All Right Ill give you this Thershadons No

But Brutosuars could Work Just Shrink Them
Giraffes are mammals, brontos are reptiles, and the threshadons would be reptile (closest being plesiosaurs). I don't really see putting two different classification classes together like that personally.

Brontos would be awesome as pets-but the size could be a problem for many-I'm playing with a Krolusk in beta right now and even he feels way too big to play with most of the time. Downsizing the bronto would just make them look ridiculous I think-(I've tamed one of the dreamrunners and even they feel too small when sized to pet-scale).

Giraffes look too ugly currently to scale down into a pet, and the thershadons are aquatic-it doesn't make sense for them to be hunter pets. I've tamed one of the sea turtles in beta and love him to pieces (my little flying Dutchman) but it really does not work as a pet in the long run, as amusing as I find him to be. :(

But interesting idea. Would be neat to see if they did something with it.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Well If Thok Can Shrink To Pet Size Then Why Not Brutosuars?
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Pets are generally organized by species or at least somewhat similar morphology (except spirit beasts) so lumping them all together because they have long necks is kind of goofy. I would like to see Giraffes and Brutosaurs tamable someday, though.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Name: Dragonkin
Spec: Multi-Specs. Requires special NPC to switch between specs.
Food: Your enemy's face or everything else.
Pets: Proto-Drakes, Cloud Serpents, Elemental Drakes, Draenor Fay-Dragon
Abilities: Have almost all types of abilities; requires special NPC to switch its abilities
Exotic: No, but BM hunter gets secondary (exotic) ability for this family.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Dragonkins are iffy. You have some that are bestial like Proto-Drakes and Fay-Dragons, then you have others like Elemental Drakes and Cloud Serpents that have been shown to be sapient and sentient - thus taming them would be like enslavement.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Valnaaros wrote:Dragonkins are iffy. You have some that are bestial like Proto-Drakes and Fay-Dragons, then you have others like Elemental Drakes and Cloud Serpents that have been shown to be sapient and sentient - thus taming them would be like enslavement.
I kill and farm and skin cloud serpents on Timeless Isles like no one business. I can live with myself if I get the chance to tame or enslave them.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote:Dragonkins are iffy. You have some that are bestial like Proto-Drakes and Fay-Dragons, then you have others like Elemental Drakes and Cloud Serpents that have been shown to be sapient and sentient - thus taming them would be like enslavement.
Eh, I disagree. Hunters don't enslave their pets, they're their trusted companions, equal to each other. It goes to reason some dragons would love a companion like that.

Also, as for new pet families, I'd love to see an Elephant family that includes Elekks and Mammoths. Maybe find a more generic name like "Safari" and toss Giraffes in there too.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Some Hunters do, some don't. You have Hunters that befriend their companions, and you have others that subjugate them. In the vast majority of cases, Proto-Drakes have been subjugated rather than befriended. Due to this, the Aspects have in the past gone to war with those that have done so on a large scale (seeing as the Proto-Drakes are, in essence, primitive members of their flights). With beings like Elemental Drakes and Cloud Serpents, where they have shown to be capable of sentience and sapience, its comes down to whether they are agreeing to travel with you or if you are forcing them to.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote:Some Hunters do, some don't. You have Hunters that befriend their companions, and you have others that subjugate them. In the vast majority of cases, Proto-Drakes have been subjugated rather than befriended. Due to this, the Aspects have in the past gone to war with those that have done so on a large scale (seeing as the Proto-Drakes are, in essence, primitive members of their flights). With beings like Elemental Drakes and Cloud Serpents, where they have shown to be capable of sentience and sapience, its comes down to whether they are agreeing to travel with you or if you are forcing them to.
Then make a small questline that ends in a tome that allows you to tame dragons, in which you befriend all the dragon factions.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

pop wrote:Name: Dragonkin
Abilities: Have almost all types of abilities; requires special NPC to switch its abilities

Nice Concept Id Love Dragons Too But I Think That The ability thing is to overboard he would be my version

1st Ability. Updraft
2nd for BM Breath Set Enemies On Fire for 5 Sec Dealing damage
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

New Pet Idea 3
Name. River Rodents
Pets. Beavers,Otters,Seals
Diet. Fish,Raw Fish,Wood.
Spec. Tenacity.
Ability. Bleeding Chomp. Deals Damage Over Time for 4 Sec.
Exotic. No.
Tome. No.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

ZoroarkRonan wrote:
pop wrote:Name: Dragonkin

Nice Concept Id Love Dragons Too But I Think That The ability thing is to overboard he would be my version

1st Ability. Updraft
2nd for BM Breath Set Enemies On Fire for 5 Sec Dealing damage
What about an aoe heal over time that is cast on the ground with 2 minute cd instead of fiery damage?