Battle for Azeroth Alpha/Beta General Thread

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tomb
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: Battle for Azeroth Alpha/Beta General Thread

Unread post by Tomb »

I'm starting to worry they will just keep the stable master as it is right now. Since the expansion is out fairly soon. :/
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Iowawolf wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:It looks like Blizz will be implementing a change that'll keep the Mage Tower up constantly until Legion is over :)
Yay more ways to torture myself if only there was a way to let someone help me get the BM one but seriously I hope they do this that way I have more chances of dying I mean trying.
The BM one is probably one of the easiest artifact challenges.

Use a crab or turtle for the -50% damage reduction ability (to absorb his fel blasts better)

Use Drums of Fury so you don't have to swap pets. Use an agility flask.

Use the macros listed here: http://www.wowhead.com/beast-mastery-hu ... -challenge

I managed to beat it on my old computer, where I was playing at 1 fps.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Myzou wrote:
Iowawolf wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:It looks like Blizz will be implementing a change that'll keep the Mage Tower up constantly until Legion is over :)
Yay more ways to torture myself if only there was a way to let someone help me get the BM one but seriously I hope they do this that way I have more chances of dying I mean trying.
The BM one is probably one of the easiest artifact challenges.

Use a crab or turtle for the -50% damage reduction ability (to absorb his fel blasts better)

Use Drums of Fury so you don't have to swap pets. Use an agility flask.

Use the macros listed here: http://www.wowhead.com/beast-mastery-hu ... -challenge

I managed to beat it on my old computer, where I was playing at 1 fps.
Worth heavily emphasizing though; Prydaz and Roots nearly guarantee a victory. You can be HORRIBLY geared and still win without even half a brain with that combo of legendaries. I missed more than half of the interrupts and still breezed through without worry of dying. Just focus on interrupting Tugar, kill the totems/eggs/whatever adds, and you win. It's amazing how easy it is, and it's even more amazing that Prydaz and Roots works in such a BS way. Also worth noting is that the pet does not hold aggro, and growl does nothing; the Hunter tanks Tugar, not the pet. No exceptions. It never was able to pull aggro off of me, and a Tenacity pet was worthless as a result. Core Hound in Ferocity was all I needed when I lazily got through it.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

When I did it, my pet was able to hold aggro so long as it never died. If it died, then it could never regain aggro on Tugar for that attempt.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote:When I did it, my pet was able to hold aggro so long as it never died. If it died, then it could never regain aggro on Tugar for that attempt.
This. I had zero issue keeping my pet alive. It survived like 4 Fel Blasts total. And by then Tugar was near dead.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Myzou wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:When I did it, my pet was able to hold aggro so long as it never died. If it died, then it could never regain aggro on Tugar for that attempt.
This. I had zero issue keeping my pet alive. It survived like 4 Fel Blasts total. And by then Tugar was near dead.
When I did it I overgeared it... had to rez pet once, but had enough health and CDs that I was able to fumble my way through it... :lol: :lol:
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

I do have roots and the necklace and at 941 should be no problem right but to me it is still a problem just like the spine of deathwing why I have realized this is something I will never get as we aren't meant to have everything in the game and yes I did watch youtube videos and read guides.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Iowawolf wrote:I do have roots and the necklace and at 941 should be no problem right but to me it is still a problem just like the spine of deathwing why I have realized this is something I will never get as we aren't meant to have everything in the game and yes I did watch youtube videos and read guides.
I struggled with it and then didn't go back until my gear was in the 960's. My advice would be to think less about the interrupts and more about doing your damage rotation and surviving. I may not have interrupted at all when I finally got it. Just focused on max damage and moving out of the poo on the floor.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

crap! no more 32-bit support, means you have to have 64-bit windows 8 or 10?
dammit, I think I am losing half my guild when this launches.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Pretty sure there is a 64 bit Win 7 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI_UwJoFcU0 :mrgreen:

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Yea, I used 64-Bit Windows 7 for a while, though I upgraded to 10 when I got this new laptop.

And unless I'm mistaken, its free to upgrade from 32bit to 64bit if you still have your product key.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

With the Pre-Patch deploying on the PTR, there isn't much time left for the Beta. The earliest possible launch date for the Pre-Patch on Live servers is July 3rd, and the latest is July 17th. The 3rd isn't very likely due to the Fourth of July happening the day after, so July 10th and 17th are much more likely. This is all assuming that Blizz is sticking to their plan of having the Pre-Patch deployed 4-6 weeks prior to BfA's launch.
Tomb
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Tomb »

Valnaaros wrote:With the Pre-Patch deploying on the PTR, there isn't much time left for the Beta. The earliest possible launch date for the Pre-Patch on Live servers is July 3rd, and the latest is July 17th. The 3rd isn't very likely due to the Fourth of July happening the day after, so July 10th and 17th are much more likely. This is all assuming that Blizz is sticking to their plan of having the Pre-Patch deployed 4-6 weeks prior to BfA's launch.
Even more worrisome that there is no stable master changes yet then.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Sadly, if nothing has been done by now, there probably won't be anything done prior to launch. The Q&A today made it clear that they're getting ready to wrap things up.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Still sad about the Pandaria skyscreamers. :'(
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Vephriel wrote:Still sad about the Pandaria skyscreamers. :'(
There is a pretty good chance that they'll be made tamable. The second/final taming pass hasn't happened yet :)
Jolyroger
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Draenor, Atiesh (Classic)

Unread post by Jolyroger »

Rawr wrote:No, in BC he was specifically described as BM, he just didn't have a ranged weapon. That was something BM Hunters could do back in the day, be just melee (yeah I know you couldn't raid with it but you couldn't raid as a Panzerkin either, didn't make it any less fun or doable for 5 mans and leveling). He was described as the best Beastmaster, and most images of beastmasters are of Rexxar (also on that note most of the older drawings/paintings of beastmasters are of them holding melee weapons). :mrgreen:

Did anyone notice in Legion, and you probably did but I did not read the Legion posts, that the Gnome Hunter Champion was listed as a Survival Hunter, but always used a rifle? Just a note.

I feel that the BM spec should have been the Melee spec because of Rexar. He was the Lore that proved that Hunters were also Melee. Just a thought.

Sorry to rez an old post, but I was reading through this thread and had an opinion I wanted to post.
Jolyroger: Worgen Hunter (Draenor)
Dirus: Night Elf Hunter (Atiesh/Classic)
Shaylis: Night Elf Hunter (Atiesh/Classic)
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I feel they are trying to turn Srvl into a melee BM spec, why else would they give them Spirit Bond and BW like ability (it makes the pet big and orange). :| :mrgreen:

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Finally got access to the Updated PTR with the BFA changes. Wow. We are back to being so very slow. Been checking Bendak's site and the icyveins suggested talent choices. This feels like going from WoD to Legion all over again. I really hope the azerite gear will help speed up the game play. It was so enjoyable to have the synergy between the spells that let you generate enough focus and not having to wait and wait and wait some more for something to come off cool down or have enough focus to use.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Rawr wrote:I feel they are trying to turn Srvl into a melee BM spec, why else would they give them Spirit Bond and BW like ability (it makes the pet big and orange). :| :mrgreen:
while MM already have ranged weapon but not very reliant on pets like BM to be its iconic traits, and we already have classes that uses 1 handed melee weapon without pets, a melee that synchronized its attacks with a pet would be the only way to make Surv more iconic