A challenge of sorts

Lt.Swifty
Realm: Sha'tar

A challenge of sorts

Unread post by Lt.Swifty »

Hey Petopia. so far, you've proven to be an active, literate and friendly forum, but i pose to you a challenge:

I managed to ding 60 on a lucky day, as a was able to find and tame both an ironhide devilsaur and a slithid ravager in the same day. however, i've hit a hypothetical bump in the road. Naming 'em :?

For the devilsaur i know i want something powerful and tank like, as i really love how "IRONHIDE" sounds. im just not sure where to go with that sound, Steel...iron...something metallic i suppose?

And for the Slithid, i have no idea. does anyone know what the egytian for scarab is or something? i went with Serket for my Scorpid, which is egyptian for Scorpion God or so im told, so i thought about carrying that theme over, but then i wondered wether that would make 'em to similliar.

Heh, as you can tell, im a little stumped. but thats what your all here for right...Right? :3

(hehe, looks like i put this in the wrong place >_< thanks to whomever moved it).
The only people who are worried about video game piracy are developers who make bad games. -Gabe Newell
Please clicky :D w00t, thanks for helping him hatch guys :3 lets not stop here...
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: A challenge of sorts

Unread post by Azunara »

Oooooh! I LOVE challenges! Let's do this!

DINOSAUR:

Rock/Metal related names

Ore
Rocky (:D)
Stoneclaw
Ironmaw
Metallica (...Sue me.)
Luster
Gold
Silvyr
Mountainclaw
Rockfang

Names that I tend to make up combining sounds:

Zevron
Rockir
Duskirlan
Wrerik
Zorin
Kalitiak
Hazar
Stonir

SILITHID:

Names that I tend to think relate to Silithids:

Twitch
Hype
Swift
Jolt
Dart
Pinchy
Restless
Listless
Hazard

Egyptian Names:

Scarab
Khepera (Apparently meaning "He was came forth")

Unfortunately, all I got for scarab and Egyptian names.
Lt.Swifty

Hehe, you got the Devilsaur right. That Silvyr inspired me to name him Zynk :) im one of those people who love changing I's into Y's in fantasy names, so i dont know why i didnt think of it earlier :D

Thankies :3

Hmm..still thinking about the Slithid. i've named him BugSplatter on a whim, but i dont think it suits him at all. hmm...there tough to name xD
The only people who are worried about video game piracy are developers who make bad games. -Gabe Newell
Please clicky :D w00t, thanks for helping him hatch guys :3 lets not stop here...
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

No problem! I love helping find names for hunters, makes me feel as special and useful. >.<

As for the bug...

Jitters!
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

lol Jitters is an awesome name. Wish I had thought of that when I had my silithid >_<
Kamalia
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

I found a few cool names that have to do with Egypt/Egyptians and scarabs:

Kheper - The Egyptian name for the scarab (I can't believe I actually found this... :lol:). Also the name given to Egyptian god (see names right below)
Khepri/Khepera/Kheper/Chepri/Khepra - An important Egyptian god. He was a solar deity, and was sometimes considered to be the personification of the sun itself. He seems to be the younger version of Ra. He is shown in some paintings and engravings as a man with a scarab for a head.
Amenhotep - A pharaoh that used "memorial scarabs" (they appear to be stones shapes like scarabs with hieroglyphics on them) to tell of the deeds of the pharaoh.
Amulet - Amulets in the form of a scarab were very popular in ancient Egypt.

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Nevar »

When I had a silithid I named him Olthi :oops: They look like a bug species from a game I used to play.. I took to calling him Ollie the OLthi :lol:

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Lt.Swifty

Thanks Kamalia, some serious brain fodder there. im thinking Khepra sounds male and egyptian enough. thanks for your help everyone :D