Undiscovered NPCs

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Undiscovered NPCs

Unread post by Wain »

I've gone through Wowhead's list of beasts in hunter families and compared it to our own and I've created a page that generates a list of all beast IDs that we haven't found in the game:

http://www.wow-petopia.com/whcheck.php

In the right-hand column of the table is a list of known NPCs that share the same name, in case it helps in locating undiscovered versions.

But note that many, or most of the things in that list are probably not in the game. Some may have been used in the Beta and then removed. Others were tests that never made it in at all. The list also doesn't include anything that hasn't been flagged as belonging to a hunter pet family, though they're probably going to be untameable anyway.

But there may be some that are in the game that we haven't located yet. Especially in the top section where Wowhead has a map of location points. I've already found many like that, but the ones that are still there are ones that I couldn't find.

Also note - just because it has a map location doesn't mean it's still in the game as it may have been removed in late Beta. It could also be used for a corpse and never appear as a live creature - I found a few of those.

Also, also note - just because it lacks a map location doesn't mean it isn't in the game. Wowhead's data aren't always up-to-date and are only as good as the info players send in. There are plenty of creatures we can tame that have no map on Wowhead yet. So some of those may exist somewhere.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Undiscovered NPCs

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Fun note: Sand Apparition is a crab with the appearance of the new sand elementals, such as the boss Galvazzt in Temple of Sethraliss. We need to find that thing before Blizzard fixes it!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The Ancient Core Hound is found in the DI-Aquisition version of Molten Core.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

WerebearGuy wrote:Fun note: Sand Apparition is a crab with the appearance of the new sand elementals, such as the boss Galvazzt in Temple of Sethraliss. We need to find that thing before Blizzard fixes it!
Yes we do i want a pet sand
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:The Ancient Core Hound is found in the DI-Aquisition version of Molten Core.
Great! I don't suppose anyone has tamed one to confirm, and also some details on the instance / location for the page? :) If not I'll try to find a video of the scenario.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I did not attempt to tame one. You can only get to that version of MC via a quest from Moira during the DI questline. Once you complete that quest, there is no way to return to there.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks! Even the info that it's Molten Core is handy. At least I can record that. My hunter is Horde so I won't ever get to test it personally. Unless I can faction convert on the PTR and the war faction rep converts (unsure if it does).
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I think I remember them saying that war faction rep does convert, but you would still need to run through the war campaign quests on the other continent.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Liskorath spawns from a WQ in Tol Dagor. Lvl 122 Elite but is tamable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:Liskorath spawns from a WQ in Tol Dagor. Lvl 122 Elite but is tamable.
Not tameable in practice, though, I assume?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Are some WQ mobs level 11-120 on regular days and 122 when it's their WQ day? I could have sworn there were tameable mobs that I later find are 122 during a WQ. Like Coati.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wain wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:Liskorath spawns from a WQ in Tol Dagor. Lvl 122 Elite but is tamable.
Not tameable in practice, though, I assume?

Correct. You could get it in the next xpac (assuming we can lvl to 130 or whatever), but nothing can be done right now.

Good question. I know that Coati was 122 during its WQ, but I'll need to check what lvl it is at when it doesn't have a WQ.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks! Added it. I just checked Liskorath on normal and it's 121 and untameable on that level too. I just wanted to be sure that it wasn't just high level on heroic or something.
Keilden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zenedar

Unread post by Keilden »

Going to add these to my npcscan when I get home so it will be easier to notice if I find one of them
Skeppio
Realm: Khaz'Goroth (US)

Unread post by Skeppio »

Keilden wrote:Going to add these to my npcscan when I get home so it will be easier to notice if I find one of them
Please let us know right away if you find any! Especially that sand elemental, it'll go perfect with my slime! :D
Keilden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zenedar

Unread post by Keilden »

Not found much yet, but in my custom NPC list Clampclaw Pincer is not listed as unknown so it seems like I meet it befor adding it to NPCscan.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

I unlocked Dark Iron Dwarves recently, so I tested both Core Hounds that appear in Molten Core and the Firelands part of the recruitment quest. Both of them are tamable, however since in both cases you're with a NPC follower to help you out, they out aggro you and prevent the taming to complete. Even if you try to attack the beasts first, they're SO weak that doing enough damage to get enough aggro means that their HP is so low that the NPC will kill them.
ImageImage
mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:I unlocked Dark Iron Dwarves recently, so I tested both Core Hounds that appear in Molten Core and the Firelands part of the recruitment quest. Both of them are tamable, however since in both cases you're with a NPC follower to help you out, they out aggro you and prevent the taming to complete. Even if you try to attack the beasts first, they're SO weak that doing enough damage to get enough aggro means that their HP is so low that the NPC will kill them.
Did you try dropping a freeze trap on the beasts? I've noticed that a lot of npcs will stop attacking something that's crowd controlled. I've had to start freezing stuff when my second pet refuses to despawn.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

mpd_84 wrote:Did you try dropping a freeze trap on the beasts? I've noticed that a lot of npcs will stop attacking something that's crowd controlled. I've had to start freezing stuff when my second pet refuses to despawn.
I did try in Molten Core, I don't remember in Firelands though, but it was immune to it.
ImageImage
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for that report :). I forgot to add that one. I've encountered that issue before, where a companion you're stuck with keeps taunting the thing you want to tame. What I did was pull a bunch of other stuff to keep them occupied and then tame while they were distracted. I wonder if that would work in this scenario.