Second Taming Pass?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Second Taming Pass?

Unread post by Acherontia »

There was a thread earlier (2nd page or so now I think) about how many of the BfA pets are still untameable. There's a lot of unique looks locked behind strangely-untameable creatures. There's also loads of animals (dinos all over Zandalar being a big one--many of the devilsaurs, trikes, saurids, pterrordaxes etc) that are individually untameable. Running around and beast loring the animals shows that the majority are not tameable. It's both disappointing and kind of immersion-breaking.

This was guessed to be a mistake where the final "taming pass" was never done, so many animals that SHOULD be able to be tamed, are not.

Does anyone know if there's any update on this status? Any plan to see it done, or not to? There's a load of animals, from birds to dinos, that I'm still hoping to see become tameable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Second Taming Pass?

Unread post by Wain »

Nothing yet. Or at least I took a brief look and saw nothing that I expected might be tameable to be so, but I only looked at a few things so far. The client is pretty buggy still, so I think it may be too early to expect much.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Still no second taming pass. Check on a few beasts and nothing has been changed.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Shame; thanks, though!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Most 'taming passes' happen fairly late in a patch, or at least mid-way. I wouldn't yet be worried about this. Unless 8.1's release is way closer to release than I realize! ;)

My fingers are crossed that some of the 'old untameables' will be added earlier, but I wouldn't be shocked if they do the pass at once, rather than in bits, so we may not see them until they do the pass on *all* the newer creatures.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Thus far there isn't much in the way of new beasts. You have the occasional npc, but this isn't meant to be a big content patch, let alone one with a new area. We're really just waiting for them to make the 8.0 beasts tamable.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:Thus far there isn't much in the way of new beasts. You have the occasional npc, but this isn't meant to be a big content patch, let alone one with a new area. We're really just waiting for them to make the 8.0 beasts tamable.
With any luck, the new rat models will be there and made tameable.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

:lol: