Question about Sky Screamers. Do they fly?

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Question about Sky Screamers. Do they fly?

Unread post by pop »

Or do they get broken wings post tame? Must know. I really hate this non-flying flying beasts like Rylaks and Zandalari Pterrowings.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Question about Sky Screamers. Do they fly?

Unread post by Qraljar »

I can't say I've tamed one at this point, but my assumption is that - yes, they'll just be walking along the ground.

Unless you pull some trick with Animal Companion. Unless that got fixed in 8.1.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I havent been on PTR myself, but looking at the model and the ones we can already tame, it looks like they're going to be walking.
Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule! So we'll have to go out and tame them all!

Siggy under construction!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Nope, they walk.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Sadly they walk, like rylaks :(
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:Sadly they walk, like rylaks :(
I know they made some changes to the ability and the mechanics, but does using Animal Companion with a pet that uses flight animations still cause the secondary pet to fly? (if they have flying anims)

I know people used a trick like that.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

The pterrordaxes walk because they're so big, if they're flying, they just cover every damn thing with themselves. Frankly, I hate it, which is why I stopped using two of them at once (which is sad 'cause I love them.)

I wish they'd fix the bug that makes your off pet fly (I reported it enough times geh) but I'm using a different talent these days anyway so I suppose it doesn't matter. I just can't wait to go get one, I've wanted it for YEARS.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Nachtwulf wrote:The pterrordaxes walk because they're so big, if they're flying, they just cover every damn thing with themselves. Frankly, I hate it, which is why I stopped using two of them at once (which is sad 'cause I love them.)

I wish they'd fix the bug that makes your off pet fly (I reported it enough times geh) but I'm using a different talent these days anyway so I suppose it doesn't matter. I just can't wait to go get one, I've wanted it for YEARS.
I rather have it fill my screen rather than make it look like it had been paralyzed.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Vephriel wrote:Nope, they walk.
O ty

NVM then, just another pet I would ignore and really don't care for.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

pop wrote:
Nachtwulf wrote:The pterrordaxes walk because they're so big, if they're flying, they just cover every damn thing with themselves. Frankly, I hate it, which is why I stopped using two of them at once (which is sad 'cause I love them.)

I rather have it fill my screen rather than make it look like it had been paralyzed.
I think it's not for you as much as it is for everyone else in raid groups ;)
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Equeon wrote:
pop wrote:

I think it's not for you as much as it is for everyone else in raid groups ;)
They aren't that big and everything else fills the screen. Raid bosses are bigger than players and pets are actually smaller, so saying it's for the raid doesn't make sense at all.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Raid and Dungeon bosses aren't always bigger than the players, and there are also adds which can be smaller than the players. If pet size wasn't an issue, then why did Blizz reduce the size of diemetradon's after BfA's launch?
Poppets
Realm: Twisting Nether -Vashj

Unread post by Poppets »

I’ve not tried the dinos but I sometimes run two Rylaks, they can both fly into the air to kill things. Might be interesting with upcoming flight and incursions.
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

I’ve found that skyscreamers that are perched when you tame them do not fly. Skyscreamers that are flying when you tame them will fly when idle.

Edit: this must have been a temporary bug upon taming; after stabling my new friends and bringing them back out, they no longer fly at all.