Older content pet tame wishlist

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Older content pet tame wishlist

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:Oh yeah, abyss serpents were the third new model group I added. If they’re open to making them tameable I think 8.2 might be the best opportunity, since it’s all about the naga. Plus the variety of tameable beasts is otherwise likely to be low on Vash’jir - if you take a deep sea realm and expose it to air what beasts are likely to survive? Crabs, maybe some turtles, and the amphibious sea serpent models. Most other things would flop around and die. I guess there may also be 1000# of ravenous sea birds feasting away :lol:
Really not complaining about your decision to include Abyss Worms/Abyssal Eels/etc. They're a model I really like and I hope they become tameable.

As an aside, I actually do hope Blizzard brings a lot of cool mutated aquatic/Old God corrupted species. Definitely hoping for at least an Aqir-based insect/crustacean beasts, like silithids and kunchong for the other Old Gods. Considering they made the Abyssal Eels to begin with, there's quite a lot they can do to create creepy deepsea creatures that are adapted to living out of the water.

Also, I'm expecting that there will be a wild model for that crab mount they've shown off.

Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Qraljar wrote:As an aside, I actually do hope Blizzard brings a lot of cool mutated aquatic/Old God corrupted species. Definitely hoping for at least an Aqir-based insect/crustacean beasts, like silithids and kunchong for the other Old Gods.[/img]
Oh yeah, a sea-based Aqir species would be awesome :) As would that crab :) I'd like to see lobster-based crustaceans, though they'd probably get too easily confused with makrura.

Sorry I've really diverted this thread off topic. :P
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Qraljar wrote:
Vephriel wrote:The spiked grubs are so cute, and have really nice models. :( I wish they'd reconsider them for the worm family. I know the caterpillars were a special exception, but since we have them anyways now, it would be great to get the rest.
I really wonder why maggots are so off-limits? Well, I enjoy my Gorishi Grub regardless. But if I were in Blizzard's shoes, they'd be one of the first worms I would consider as a tame candidate. As far back as when worms were first added as a pet family.
This X 10000000!!!!

Like, why? Why not? The updated grubs and the spiked worms are perfect and the worm family could really use some variety.

Is it like a China thing? Are they concerned about some kind of censorship issue that they might have trouble masking like they do for bones and a such on Chinese servers? Is there a cultural thing about maggots? But then that wouldn't make sense since we have minipet maggots. I just don't get it.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm not sure, but they've reversed maggots that were found to be tameable. My suspicion is that there's no specific reason, but rather a gut feeling among the design team that maggots are a step too far (and yes, the same is true for caterpillars but they were a bone thrown to us in Pandaria and not something that was meant to set a new precedent). I'm not sure why they have it in for realistic snakes, though, other than they are kind of simple in design.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

And the spiked grubs, aside from a single mob down in Nazmir, are considered demons/demonic creations. We can't tame Felhunters nor demon spiders, so we can't tame spiked grubs either.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I added the flying quilen from the Iron Qon fight to the list. He does ride them, even though they're separate NPCs, so it may or may not be feasible to allow them to be tamed. Can't hurt to ask!

In the process I had to add the four flying quilen colours to our database:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?i ... yingquilen

But I decided to add all the non-flying, armoured quilen looks too. I went a bit crazy and added ALL the armour / skin combos, of which there are 64 o.O . I decided not to do that for all the flying ones too, or they'd have 64 combos as well.
See: http://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?i ... uredquilen
Jaxdia
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Jaxdia »

Snails...please for the love of god..the model is high res and wonderful.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Jaxdia wrote:Snails...please for the love of god..the model is high res and wonderful.
Maybe we should revive the new family wishlist poll for those.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:
Jaxdia wrote:Snails...please for the love of god..the model is high res and wonderful.
Maybe we should revive the new family wishlist poll for those.
Seems like a good idea. A thread for new families and changes to existing families to allow them to be more broad.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

You have Faultline and Dreadwing on that list but not Darmac's wolf (Faultline actually has a diet and family, though is still untameable as of now). Would really like to see these become tameable some day.

EDIT: Though, his wolf isn't a new skin is it, which is maybe why you didn't include it?

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!