Taming Beasts in Opposite Faction Starting Zones?

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Mynyn
Realm: Argent Dawn

Taming Beasts in Opposite Faction Starting Zones?

Unread post by Mynyn »

Hi

I would appreciate some feedback from anyone who may have the knowledge & answer to my query.
I want to tame the Beast "Fangor" (A Bat with a Ghostly Texture) which spawns very close to where the Undead start as new players. I went there with my Lvl 112 Ally hunter but it seemingly never spawns :( so I decided to make an Undead Hunter on the same server to see if the named Creature was there for it to be Tamed and as I suspected it was there flapping away. :shock: Therefor I immediately logged back into my ally hunter who is there waiting at the same location but "Fangor" is nowhere to be seen again! :? I am wondering if only Horde players can see & therefor tame beasts in their own starter zones and likewise the same with Alliance Characters. Or maybe I am overlooking something obvious, apologies if so...

Many many thanks to all who offer feedback. ;)
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Taming Beasts in Opposite Faction Starting Zones?

Unread post by Bowno »

You could just be on a different shard.

Siggy under construction!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Fangor has always been finicky with the zone he shows up in. You have to be standing in a very particular spot for him to appear in the correct phase, try moving around a little until the location on the map changes to a new name. He can definitely be seen by the opposite faction.

Also be sure you're in the old phase of Tirisfal - if you're on a character that completed the Undercity event you'll have to talk to Zidormi to go back in time.
Mynyn
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Mynyn »

Many thanks for your info, I will try what you have suggested & post outcome! :D

Big thank you Vephriel, went back to the old Tirisfal and hey presto... there was Fangor! t.y. :D