The New PetEmote Thread - Blood Beasts

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Mĭrya Namárië
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Azol-Nerub

Re: The New PetEmote Thread - Blood Beasts

#361 Unread post by Mĭrya Namárië » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:13 pm

" Müsli look up at her (pets gender) best friend and purr. " could be it´s best friend if you want gender neutral pets too?

Best friend instead of owner/tamer. I always thought of my pets as my friends for some reason.. and friend is gender neutral :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Flight Rising Lair

Varethyn
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

#362 Unread post by Varethyn » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:26 pm

Bowno wrote:What about partner or tamer?
Or it can just %t the hunters name and state the name of the hunter who owns it. Sure, we'd be seeing the hunters name twice, but.. It's an option as well.
%t only works when something/one is targeted by you. Left with no target it would come up with <no target> so sadly that is not possible unless you like to target yourself while idle.
Fawn-Dew wrote:I dont mind the targeted emotes myself, but then I'm not on an rp server, so maybe have it be toggleable? is that possible?
Maybe with some code tweaking but right now neither of us have the knowledge nor time to integrate a toggle feature. I may even leave them be given that it was one comment in an old thread. It just made me think how others felt about them and wanted some opinions.
Tårnfalk wrote:" Müsli look up at her (pets gender) best friend and purr. " could be it´s best friend if you want gender neutral pets too?
Gender-neutral pets could also be an option. Depending on how people would like to RP themselves and their pets I could make another version where all pets are neutral as well, and separately for those who consider their character a particular gender while their pets are neutral.

Just... don't ask for specific families to be neutral other than mechanicals. That would get very complicated :lol:

Regardless, thank you all for the suggestions :)

Current list of gender-neutral terms:
Hunter
Tamer
Companion
Partner
(Best) Friend

Depending on the emote and family I could even go deeper and use things like packmate, flockmate, pridemate etc.

Fawn-Dew
Realm: Us-Proudmoore

#363 Unread post by Fawn-Dew » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:21 am

I really like the sounds of packmate and such terms those sound awesome

Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

#364 Unread post by Holgarr » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:06 am

I really hope we get the crawg emotes soon (yes, I know the other kind exist too, but I refuse to have anything to to with those bat-spider-tick monstrosities).

I finally got the ability to tame then, and for added special quality snuck into the Horde troll citty and tamed a brown one specifically so I could name him Potato.

Because he is an uglycute wee angry potato boy and needs love.
Image Image

Teigan

#365 Unread post by Teigan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:03 am

I'd love to see something other than master/mistress. That was a sticky thing I never really addressed when I was running this show. I wasn't a fan of those terms, but as Jorna was still partially driving then, and at the end of the day, it's her addon, I didn't tackle it. Have you heard from her or contacted her at all? Last I heard, she'd quit WoW. Anyway, I think those terms were used as PetEmote was originally not written in English and those terms might not have had the bit of awkwardness they can have in English. Those are some really good suggestions for it, especially the family-specific terms. Heck, I'd probably be convinced to start using it again if you did that and my tallstriders called me "flockmate"!

Ivierette
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

#366 Unread post by Ivierette » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:49 pm

My warlock is a man using the female aesthetic because male humans are awful so this mistress thing is driving me up the wall. Plus, the editor refuses to work. Going to fiddle with it more.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

#367 Unread post by Vephriel » Sat May 25, 2019 1:50 pm

I was feeling nostalgic today and decided to reinstall PetEmote.

One of the reasons I stopped using it was because it didn't used to cooperate with my RP addon, and I'm not sure when that changed, but suddenly it works again! :D It's nice to get reacquainted with my pets' personalities. I'm so glad this addon's been maintained over all these years. :hug:

Mĭrya Namárië
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

#368 Unread post by Mĭrya Namárië » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:09 pm

I resently installed the pet emote addon.. but every time I log out it reset the settings i have given to the pet.. aka my spirit beast i set to male and cat family.. when I log in he is a spirit beast

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Flight Rising Lair

Mĭrya Namárië
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

#369 Unread post by Mĭrya Namárië » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:29 pm

after reinstalling the addon, clearing my cache, trying to set family to both Wolf, wolf, wolves and Wolves and still show up as spirit beast emotes :(

Flight Rising Lair