Petopia forum very slow..

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Petopia forum very slow..

Unread post by Ana »

I have experience that petopia is slow, VERY Slow. It takes up to several minutes to load the site and it is very slow to post and switch between topics.

This started monday, and it has just gotten worse. I tried cleaning my cache and tried different browsers but it´s the same across the three I have : FireFox, Chrome and Explorer.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Petopia site very slow..

Unread post by Wain »

Tårnfalk wrote:I have experience that petopia is slow, VERY Slow. It takes up to several minutes to load the site and it is very slow to post and switch between topics.

This started monday, and it has just gotten worse. I tried cleaning my cache and tried different browsers but it´s the same across the three I have : FireFox, Chrome and Explorer.
Very odd! It’s working fine for me. I haven’t seen anyone else mention problems so far.

Is there any script blocking addon that you use on all your browsers? Does it still cause issues if you disable all add ons?

Are you using Windows or Mac?
On Windows, if you can open cmd (run -> cmdj and type:
tracert forums.wow-petopia.com

On Mac, go to the Utilities folder and open the Network Utility and go to the traceroute tab, and type in forums.wow-petopia.com

And see if your path to our forum is being blocked at any point.

Other things to try:

Restart your modem.

Run a virus scan.

Sorry, that’s all I can think of right now, as it’s working fine here.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Windows and the only addon i got is Ab blocker.

This is what the trace gave no idea what it means. It is only petopia I got problems with. .all other sites works just fine, and its´on my stationary computer AND my cellphone.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Hmm, those values don't look too bad to me. The fact it's happening on all your devices is really strange.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

What board theme are you using?

Is https://www.wow-petopia.com or https://www.warcraftmounts.com also slow?

The only other thing I can think of is that you have some board preference set that is uncommon and causing errors, but I can't see anything weird in your settings. There's also nothing in the error logs.

I wish I could think of other things to try but nothing occurs to me at this stage. Hopefully it'll correct itself, but if it's still an issue in a day or so please let me know and I'll speak to Jon, our server guy, and see if he can see any issues in his logs.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

ehmm standard.. I havent tempered with any board theme.

I dont use the warcraft site or the main petipoian website but I checked and both load faster than than this site.. I havent got any solution to it either and it is weird that it is only this site I got problems with..

edit took 14 seconds for it to submit this message before the edit... it is not a big lag but its longer than any other site.

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

It slows down for me too at certain times of the day, it's 12:30am P.S.T. and it takes the site around 20-30 seconds to refresh the active topics page, normally takes about 2-5 seconds. :| Not sure where the site is hosted, but it may be on a server with another site that gets a lot of traffic around that time. :| :mrgreen:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

27 seconds to load a page on my cellphone just now.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I don't see this problem ever :/ At least, except for the occasional one-off net glitch. I'll have to get advice on it.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

17:10 ( 5 pm) in Denmark and the problem is not here now. It was this morning but not now. Usually between 8 am - noon Danish time i experience the slow load

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Tårnfalk wrote:17:10 ( 5 pm) in Denmark and the problem is not here now. It was this morning but not now. Usually between 8 am - noon Danish time i experience the slow load
8am in Denmark is 11pm my time, so yeah :| I would check out what time that is for you Wain and see if it happens at that time for you. :mrgreen:

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tårnfalk wrote:17:10 ( 5 pm) in Denmark and the problem is not here now. It was this morning but not now. Usually between 8 am - noon Danish time i experience the slow load
That's 18:00-22:00 my time. I don't have any issues around then but I'll look into it.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

9:15 am and the issue is back.
55 seconds to load the main page.
Not terrible and I just get a cup of tea so dont strain yourself if you cant find out why

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

What's the weather been like in your area lately?

Whenever I'm experiencing strong winds or rain and thunder storms (like I am now), my WiFi goes a bit wonky and I experience tons of lag with longer loading times, errors, and crashes. I don't get snow where I live, but I'm sure that would have an effect on me too if I did.

Probably not related to what your dealing with but I thought I'd bring it up as a side note.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

This morning it was Sunny and calm. I haven't experienced problem øs with weather. Only slow in the timeframe i stated. .And it's every day. .
But heh I just go on another site and read while the page load :)

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Petopia forum very slow..

Unread post by Wain »

Does your modem have a cache you can empty?
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I have not experienced any issues with slowness on the site, but I did just get this error page a moment ago, it disappeared on a refresh, so I don't think it's anything to worry about but just in case it was useful for another reason:
Attachments
Image1.png
Image1.png (9.31 KiB) Viewed 13190 times
kolbyjack
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by kolbyjack »

Vephriel wrote:I have not experienced any issues with slowness on the site, but I did just get this error page a moment ago, it disappeared on a refresh, so I don't think it's anything to worry about but just in case it was useful for another reason:
Sorry, I was just moving the database, you happened to refresh during the ~10sec window when I had it down. I'm hoping with the database moved over, it will fix this slowness issue.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

What timing on my part! :lol:
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Wain wrote:Does your modem have a cache you can empty?
Yup tried that. But I will see if the move have helped. Usually the slow starts in an hour from now my time.