Flight Rising - General Discussion

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Flight Rising - General Discussion

Unread post by Ana »

From what I read it was a Bot attack where someone created a lot if dummy accounts and send pm to ppl with highly erotic and inappropriate content.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

...now I'm disappointed that I didn't get any inappropriate content :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heh I did not get any either but I am thankful for it ;P

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Was Flight Rising attacked with some sort of Virus or something?

I logged in to do my normal routine of gathering stuff and auctions this morning when I was suddenly redirected to a suspicious site, disguised as a Microsoft Security page, and informed that my laptop possessed malware and viruses. I immediately closed my internet browser and avoided clicking on any links. When I attempted to open up the browser again and access FR, a few seconds after logging in, the same thing happened again.

It only seems to happen when I try to access FR. I haven't experienced any other issues when accessing other sites -- so far. I ran a full scan on my anti-virus software, just to make sure nothing was lurking around in my system afterwards, and it came up clean. I'd like to report this to FR's admins. but since this problem prevents me from doing pretty much anything on the site, it just isn't possible.

Has anyone else experienced this weird phenomenon?

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

It hasnt happened to me, but that doesnt mean it wont happen.
It sounds like an ad is the cause of this. Some ads can force you to open up a new tab or even redirect you. The fact that it happened twice so quickly is a bit odd though.

Siggy under construction!

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

It looked similar to this but the information I read in the pop-up window was a bit different (for example, there was no number to call, but it did have the OK button, which I did not want to click):

After doing some research, it looks to be a scam that has been circulating around the internet. Don't know why it only comes up with FR though.
Last edited by Niabi on Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flight Rising

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'd say use an adblocker on the site if it keeps happening just to be safe.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

there were a scam on flight rising just minutes before it went down.. maybe go on the help/bug forums and see if anyone got a suggestion? I see ppl with MCaffe anti virus get a lot of troubles wit the site

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

The problem seems to have subsided for now. I cleared all my browser history and cookies. After that, no more problems.

Flight Rising

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Niabi wrote:The problem seems to have subsided for now. I cleared all my browser history and cookies. After that, no more problems.
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug ... t_38754751
I wonder if this had something to do with it?
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

Vephriel wrote:
Niabi wrote:The problem seems to have subsided for now. I cleared all my browser history and cookies. After that, no more problems.
I use Microsoft Edge with Avast Premiere Antivirus. Strange that my incident coincided with this McAfee thing. There might have been a connection somehow that I could not identify but at least, for now, I can access my FR account again.

Flight Rising

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Gah I want the mirror tshirt! ! But not available large enough. .

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

Tårnfalk wrote:Gah I want the mirror tshirt! ! But not available large enough. .
It's a really beautiful tee! Too bad they don't sell the images as iron-on decals so people can put them on their own t-shirts, hoodies, canvas bags, etc.

Flight Rising

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I want it SO BAD- I hope I can make some money soon to afford one!! I don't wear t-shirts much, but I'd make an exception for that one.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Niabi wrote:
Vephriel wrote:
I use Microsoft Edge with Avast Premiere Antivirus. Strange that my incident coincided with this McAfee thing. There might have been a connection somehow that I could not identify but at least, for now, I can access my FR account again.
If it pops up again maybe try an adblock software? because it could be ad related.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

cowmuflage wrote:If it pops up again maybe try an adblock software? because it could be ad related.
I was thinking that too. I'm planning on adding in an AdBlock through Avast.

Flight Rising

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Obsidian/ Charcoal/ Jungle

Proof of Elim in Bio

Doing a fun auction for this girl, if any one is interested. Starting bid is ONE GEM! :D http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/auc/2675686

Siggy under construction!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Tårnfalk wrote:
Tårnfalk wrote:Really struggling to keep the regular lairspace suggestion in the top 4 pages of the suggestions...

help appreciated!

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2557136

I cant keep posting on my own as it would look too much like bumping so if you agree that we need more regular lairspace just write a few words.. then when it falls down into place i can write again :D

Just one comment would be enough.. if you want to help keep this active I be glad :hug: :hug: :hug:
please consider helping!

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I need to figure out what if anything I want to still do with Flight Rising. I haven't wanted to play since they redid the lairs. I just don't like how it looks. But, at the same time, I miss the game kinda.
I've thought about getting rid of all my dragons except my progens and changing flights, just for a fresh start. I love Nature flight, but...I'm bored with everything about the game right now and maybe a change of scenery would be nice. It would possibly help balance out the fact that I hate how my lair looks now.
The problem with that is that I have some Nature specific subspecies that I created and I have the original dragons for. I can't just exalt them. A lot of time, effort and actual RL money have gone into some of these dragons. But, then, on the other hand, is that just the sunken cost fallacy talking? I'm not currently maintaining any of my subspecies as it is. Some people still have/breed them, which is great. But I'm not one of them. Do I just let it go, as I had my fun with it already? Do I look for someone to "take custody"?
And honestly, even I stayed Nature, I still want to empty my lair completely!
Literally, the only thing that gives me any sense of excitement for FR right now is starting all over. But should I? And how?
And if any of you are interested in taking over a subspecies, let me know. They're Nature oriented, but not necessarily Nature only. But, sorry Plague flight, not you. Any other flight is fine.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Sometimes a fresh start can be good. As far as flight change I would go with the eye color and aestics you like best. I don't think many flights are active other than on discord. .
Regarding your current dragons I would wait to exalt them. Took me a month to get used to the newer layout and while I still prefer the old layout it don't bother me as much..Just try to see it a talent changes in WoW. You could always put the subspicie dragons in the den and just have them there for sentimental reasons .
Maybe decide what you want from fr? I first became happy with the game when I decided to become an old dragons collector.