8.2 Beasts

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: 8.2 Beasts

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I’ve been to Mechagon (combination of using a gravity well and glider), and nothing has been added or changed.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've found a couple more things in Nazjatar (no new looks though). I've added them to the database but not your list yet.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wain wrote:I've found a couple more things in Nazjatar (no new looks though). I've added them to the database but not your list yet.
Nice job :D What did you find?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Sandscale Hydra
Gorgonian Scavenger
Hungry Nibbler (I think I added this to your list but it has more colours than I originally thought)

I also found some of the alternative IDs for a few crabs and things I previously had listed on the unfound list, but I already updated your list with those (plus the Enraged Fathom Rays, which were as guessed from aggroing flight masters).

I wish I had WQs active in Nazjatar and I could check out that Cracklemaw Colossus before the WQ goes away. It's possible the other missing tidal guardian is an add from it, too.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I saw the Gorgonian and the Hungry Nibbler, but they would always phase out before I got close enough to test their tamability. Nice work on your finds :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:I saw the Gorgonian and the Hungry Nibbler, but they would always phase out before I got close enough to test their tamability. Nice work on your finds :)
Yeah, you have to find the right angle of approach :) I haven't managed to find the proper phase trigger.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Another to add to your list: Scale Matriarch Gratinax (new black hydra)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wain wrote:Another to add to your list: Scale Matriarch Gratinax (new black hydra)
Nice! Must have a longer spawn timer.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

WerebearGuy wrote:I really want to be excited about the snapdragons, but I can't stand how their fins are essentially paper cutouts pasted on a 3d model. It bums me out since the beasts look good, but then there's that WoW Classic looking flat texture slapped on many parts of its body. I'm happy for the folks who wanted a purple one, but I just can't get excited because it's got that half-outdated model.
My issue with snapdragons is their rounded heads. They look like bald old men.

And their heavy underbite doesn't help either. I guess everything in the oceans of Azeroth has a mad underbite. This is what I see whenever I look at them:
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wrinklefin, despite being the pet of a Flightmaster, can be tamed. List updated.
yaginoashi
Realm: Uldaman

Unread post by yaginoashi »

Qraljar wrote:
WerebearGuy wrote:I really want to be excited about the snapdragons, but I can't stand how their fins are essentially paper cutouts pasted on a 3d model. It bums me out since the beasts look good, but then there's that WoW Classic looking flat texture slapped on many parts of its body. I'm happy for the folks who wanted a purple one, but I just can't get excited because it's got that half-outdated model.
My issue with snapdragons is their rounded heads. They look like bald old men.

And their heavy underbite doesn't help either. I guess everything in the oceans of Azeroth has a mad underbite. This is what I see whenever I look at them:
ROFL I can't unsee this now!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:Wrinklefin, despite being the pet of a Flightmaster, can be tamed. List updated.
Wow! That one is probably unintended, but who knows? :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Another rare elite hydra to add to the list:
Scale Matriarch Zodia
(white)

It seems there's one rare elite Scale Matriarch for each of the new colours. We just need to confirm Scale Matriarch Vynara now.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

UPDATED LIST: New-model creatures that are in the Wowhead database but which we haven't located yet.

Some could be in the new raid, others may not be used at all. Some seem to belong to a series of datamined scenarios, but I don't know if they're in the game yet or what they're intended for.

The listed colour may be one of several (Wowhead only displays one).

Snapdragons

Fathom Rays

Tidal Worms

Spider Crabs

Hermit Crabs

Regular Crabs

Eel Serpents

Hydras

Abyss Worms (not currently tameable but we're tracking them anyway)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

One more for the list: I found the elite rare, Shassera. She's 120 and the only known red-black abyss worm. Of course she's not tameable (at this stage anyway!), but at least she's at the right level.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

BTW, all links I post are to Petopia NPC pages, so it should have all the relevant data you need to add it to your list :). Except for hostility data, but we don’t track that.

Also, could anyone in Nazjatar please keep an eye out for the Iridescent Glimmershell? It’s a known rare hermit crab (there are kill videos for it, so it exists), and it has a pretty nice, unique look. It seems to appear roughly in the middle of Dragon's Teeth Basin, which is the low area due north of Newhome where all the other Glimmershell hermit crabs are. I’d really like to confirm that one but I’ve not managed to see it up. Thanks :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wain wrote:One more for the list: I found the elite rare, Shassera. She's 120 and the only known red-black abyss worm. Of course she's not tameable (at this stage anyway!), but at least she's at the right level.
I found her a few days ago and added her to the list under serpents :)

I'll keep an eye out for that rare, but I think that it requires a trigger to spawn, even if those that made the videos didn't realize it. You can step on the Hermit Crab eggs, which makes them hostile to you. I'm thinking that after you've killed so many Hermit Crabs or stepped on so many eggs, that it'll spawn. Just a theory.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:
Wain wrote:One more for the list: I found the elite rare, Shassera. She's 120 and the only known red-black abyss worm. Of course she's not tameable (at this stage anyway!), but at least she's at the right level.
I found her a few days ago and added her to the list under serpents :)
Ah, ok. It must have been after I added the list to the database. I'll need updates posted here or I won't know to make changes :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Must've been. After you added the list to the database, but before you asked me to post updates. No problem :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Scale Matriarch Vynara is now confirmed tameable.

I like your idea for triggering the Iridescent Glimmershell. I tried stomping as many eggs as I could, killing as many crabs as I could, and running over its known spawn point while carrying the debuff, but I've had no luck getting it to spawn so far.
Valnaaros wrote:Must've been. After you added the list to the database, but before you asked me to post updates. No problem :)
Probably :D Once I copied your list it took me 3-4 hours to get it all formatted and entered.