Serpents

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ynez

Serpents

Unread post by Ynez »

I love the Classic Petopia page, but it got me wondering, was Serpents not tameable in classic wow? the serpents in Wailing Caverns for instance.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Serpents

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ynez wrote:I love the Classic Petopia page, but it got me wondering, was Serpents not tameable in classic wow? the serpents in Wailing Caverns for instance.
Nope, serpents were not added as a family until TBC. :)
Ynez

Unread post by Ynez »

Dang it, there goes the whole snake-tamer theme I had planned :)
morbidmike

Unread post by morbidmike »

Vephriel wrote:
Ynez wrote:I love the Classic Petopia page, but it got me wondering, was Serpents not tameable in classic wow? the serpents in Wailing Caverns for instance.
Wind Serpents are a perfectly tameable family in Classic. So grab one of those bad boys from Wailing Caverns ;)
Tip: the blue Wind Serpent from Wailing Caverns (Deviate Dreadfang) is the only tameable Serpent with that specific skin. Most people who tame a Serpent tame the one from ZG which is dark red. If you run around with the Blue one you will look very unique.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Sadly many wind serpents had caster stats. .. not sure if they will keep that in classic

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Tårnfalk wrote:Sadly many wind serpents had caster stats. .. not sure if they will keep that in classic
Doubtful, that was a glitch that was fixed in WotLK (maybe BC) and they said they weren't putting in the mistakes. :headbang: :mrgreen:

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Rawr wrote:
Tårnfalk wrote:Sadly many wind serpents had caster stats. .. not sure if they will keep that in classic
Doubtful, that was a glitch that was fixed in WotLK (maybe BC) and they said they weren't putting in the mistakes. :headbang: :mrgreen:
Yeah. I had hopes they may fix this bug, simply so Wind Serpents would be useful, but since they went to painstaking lengths to reproduce other bugs from Classic I'm now doubtful.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Wain wrote:
Rawr wrote:
Yeah. I had hopes they may fix this bug, simply so Wind Serpents would be useful, but since they went to painstaking lengths to reproduce other bugs from Classic I'm now doubtful.
What bugs, they took out the item glitches/Hunter Dead Zone/ect. what did they leave in? :| :mrgreen:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

There is a Q&A where Ion or someone stated that there were bugs that they chose to leave in Classic. So long as they didn't actually cause problems and weren't exploits, they were left in.

One quote from an interview with USGamer: "Bugs that affected Gameplay, like Mages able to Polymorph each other, were recreated for Classic, but others, like Mages blinking in the bridge of Wetlands and falling to their deaths, weren't."

Another from Gamerhub TV: "Quirky bugs that are not game-breaking/exploits were actually left in the game."

So seeing as Wind Serpents using caster stats in Vanilla wasn't game-breaking nor exploitive, I do not think that they'll fix it.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Things like:
NPCs which offer multiple quests may inconsistently display them as a dot or a “!” on the available quests list. They were inconsistent in 1.12, and we’ve reproduced the exact inconsistency they had back then.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
fatsquid
Realm: Classic

Unread post by fatsquid »

Vephriel wrote:
I don't know when it was fixed but you could during Vanilla tame the ZG snakes... you could not feed them and the only way to gain loyalty was to PvP with them..
But they lacked any real abilities and you could not train them... soooo yea....IDK
Supradraco
Realm: Atiesh

Unread post by Supradraco »

as of 9/28/2019, the orange WS in WC at lvl 16, and the white WS in 1000needles you tame for LB3 and the red one you tame for LB4 are NOT casters. They have full damage.