Suv only Pets

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tony2099
Realm: Prodemoore(US) Chamber of Aspect(EU)

Suv only Pets

Unread post by Tony2099 »

Just a ideal. What about make some new pets only for Survivors Hunters?
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Suv only Pets

Unread post by Bowno »

Personally, I would find it a bit strange to have beasts limited only to Marks/Survival taming wise when we have a BEAST MASTER spec. I wouldn't be opposed to a pet family that gave some sort of buff or something when in melee range with it's owner though.. Which would lean it more towards being a Survival pet while still being tameable by the spec that masters beast taming.

Siggy under construction!

Tony2099
Realm: Prodemoore(US) Chamber of Aspect(EU)

Unread post by Tony2099 »

Bowno wrote:Personally, I would find it a bit strange to have beasts limited only to Marks/Survival taming wise when we have a BEAST MASTER spec. I wouldn't be opposed to a pet family that gave some sort of buff or something when in melee range with it's owner though.. Which would lean it more towards being a Survival pet while still being tameable by the spec that masters beast taming.
Thats a good ideal Mate. But what about make that melee range a part of Suv hunters?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

As much as I loved the idea of exotic pets originally, I feel the exclusivity is a little unnecessary now. I'd almost rather see them remove the restrictions entirely and let any hunter spec tame any type of pet.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Vephriel wrote:As much as I loved the idea of exotic pets originally, I feel the exclusivity is a little unnecessary now. I'd almost rather see them remove the restrictions entirely and let any hunter spec tame any type of pet.
Same. I think Exotic Beasts should be renamed to like "Exotic Training" and have it grant pets an extra ability. Like Spirit Mend for Spirit Beasts, the Slow Fall for Gryphons, etc.

Just have a bunch with generic abilities like avoidance or such, and have a few families have a few unique ones like the aforementioned.