8.2 Beasts

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: 8.2 Beasts

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Here is the ruby & sapphire version of the Sandclaw in Nazjatar.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I do not think Chromie is up today. But you can make an item from a blueprint that you can obtain in the AU version of Mechagon that allows you to go there at anytime.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I added a looks page for the crab with bolts. It's kinda crap, as I'm no great artist, but it'll do for now :P

https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... ange-bolts
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Gregom
Realm: Mazrigos

Unread post by Gregom »

WerebearGuy wrote:Just jumped on the PTR to check my glitch pets. Only have four sadly, and unfortunately one seems to be "fixed".

1. Lone Hunter with sword in its head - Sword and buff now gone (hopefully just a beta issue)
2. Baby Direhorn - Still baby and tiny (I miss giant baby, but understand why it's small now)
3. Mugg - Still has the trogg portrait (I hope this never gets fixed)
4. Bufo - Still humorously tiny (This actually needs fixing since it hits all toads with this skin, I think)

I hope Lone Hunter doesn't lose the sword buff when PTR becomes live.

Guys i checked on my Armored Battleboar with the flaming glitch effect and it is indeed gone on the ptr...

Do you think its permanent? :(
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

If I remember correctly, people lost their special effects on all the previous PTRs too. I just don't think PRT can transfer effects.
If it's anything like I'm remembering, then pets will still be fine on LIVE.

Siggy under construction!

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Not entirely true. I was always checking my glitch pets every time I transfer to the ptr, and prior to that post, all of them were spawned properly with their glitches. The same happened for previous betas, especially with fun glitch pets like the polymorph glitch (RIP, I want that back). Prepare for the bratwurst.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I don't think I've ever looked at my specialty pet on PTRs before, but just to add some more data to the evidence, I've gone to copy and check my sha-corrupted crocolisk on the PTR just now.

He does not have the sha effect. :(

I do think we should try not to worry until live comes out though, it could just be a PTR thing, at least I hope so!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Don't freak out at this point! Hopefully it'll all be fine. Of cours it's not guaranteed that's the case, but given the fact that it's normal for auras to be lost in character copy there's certainly no evidence that you should be worried.

Maybe one day they'll add a way of adding auras to all our pets - kind of like weapon enchant transmogs, but for pets. Flames, void, fel, etc :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've updated the code for the search page on Petopia so it should show 8.2 creatures. It should also squish some search bugs that existed previously with respect to matching mounts and minipets. Please let me know if you experience any errors.

I haven't added any new features (yet), these are just underlying changes. It wasn't showing new creatures previously because I changed the way that appearances are stored in the database and it required a reworking of how to query it.

I would like to add some appearance-based search features, such as colour, theme (fiery, void, fel, demonic, undead, pierced with weapons, maybe?), but that'll require some work adding flags to all the looks.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Will do, Wain. Thanks for your hard work :)
KeyLimeSerpent
Realm: Wymrest Accord

Unread post by KeyLimeSerpent »

Wain wrote:So, it turns out Toxigore *is* tameable. It's still level 122 (non-elite) but tameable at hunter level 120.

Seeing this, did anyone see if if the Beehemoth is tameable in the same fashion?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I haven't seen his WQ, but I'll keep an eye out for it :) That being said, Toxigore is one of the few, if not the only exception of rares in 8.2 that are above 120 and tamable, but I will take a look.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I think it just depends on how they handle levels on beasts (with level scaling there are now multiple ways!).

If something is hard set to 122 it probably won’t be tameable.

But if something is base level 120 with a +2 level bump (or something like that anyway, I don’t know the mechanics) then they’re still treated as 120 for taming purposes. This is what we’ve seen on a lot of lower level rares in scaling zones.

So unless they go out of their way to change Beehemoth it sadly will remain untameable :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Hmm, there's a chance that we can tame a purple-black snapdragon, but I'll need help to confirm it. Or if someone has as a friend on the PTR maybe they can test this between them.

It involves PvP and a Snapdragon Scent Gland, which you get from random snapdragon loot. On use, the item summons three snapdragons to help you, but only for one minute (and it's consumed on use). One of the summons is a Snapdragon Terrormaw, which is purple-black - not known to be a tameable colour. Another is a Snapdragon Ravager (colour already available) and I missed what the third was (they vanished too quickly!) but I suspect it was a Savage Snapdragon.

These NPCs are friendly to you, but they are flagged tameable. My theory is that if you and an opponent are flagged PvP maybe the opponent can tame one. But I don't have anyone I can test that with.
Vephriel

I can hop onto PTR next time you're available, maybe we could figure it out!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It would be really neat if this works! Though I can see this being fixed. But I can be on within an hour or so and quickly help you out :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks! I'll need to get another gland first, unless someone has one?

I'm actually unsure which mob I got it from and whether it's random loot from any old mob, or from rares, or specific mobs :/ I've tried killing loads and loads of snapdragons, but I've had no luck getting a new one.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Going by the flavor text, it drops from Banescale the Packfather or Siltstalker the Packmother.
Vephriel

Valnaaros wrote:Going by the flavor text, it drops from Banescale the Packfather or Siltstalker the Packmother.
I'll try taking a look for them in PTR and see if I can get a hold of one of those items.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I killed both. Neither dropped it. The gland is probably a rare drop, much like the other items that are listed under the achieve that it is apart of.