Winds of Change (Pinkerlocke)

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Winds of Change (Pinkerlocke)

Unread post by Lupis »

I'm late to the party but I -loved- that last writing segment. The idea of a guardian's charge being the spirits themselves, and her needing to die to protect them, was fantastic- so many deaths so far have been total tragedies, but hers is bittersweet and almost optimistic. She found her purpose and died with a smile- can't say that for most deaths.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Thank you Lupis :hug: Doesn't matter if you're late or following each post daily as long as you're enjoying it.
I'm still not sure where the inspiration for the spirits of the dead being her charge came from so I'm super stoked that you all felt it worked! All I knew is I wanted it to be different somehow.

Day 89
More coliseum yay.

Vunguza, Noelani and Anvindr got rolled, which was a little worrying given that Vin is now my highest level at 14 while Guz is still lv9. Could've been one of the lowbies to make it worse of course. They started in the Bamboo Falls while Vin was lv13, though I'd made the mistake of pulling the item before heading out for the day. Vin levelled up in the Falls so when I got home I had to take them all to Thunderhead Savannah instead.

6 rounds in, 14 total:
The Water dragon got hit by a Lightning attack. Right after having a potion. Ouch is an understatement.

Thankfully the pseudo-Scottish Snapper yet lives on.
Last edited by Varethyn on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Yay the snapper lives on!! Your running 3 melee or two melee one healer?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

In this case 3 melee. Since I roll for the group members it could be any composition. Although, that said, since Maki died I realise I don't actually have a healer... Uh oh!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Healers helps A LOT. . I have one for when I grind the mire and higher venues.

I do one ambush and one scholar instead of two scholars it seems to work for me.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Sorry for missing yesterday's update. I swore I'd posted something, whoops. But well, I've been suffering hayfever the last little while and it's making my mind blank. That said I'd pulled a Scholar and rolled Tails so nothing happened anyway :lol:

Day 90

No one else is yet ready to breed RP-wise so I gave Meifeng Noxtide. Lionfish will come later as I kind of dressed her to look like Makani cos I'm a bad person xP

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I love her look. . Wonder how long she can pull the Makani look

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

She's so pretty

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 91

More coliseum, ya-

Oh.

But he's okay!

Seriously though. Round three, all three of the stupid lizards targeted Vunguza at the same time. One of them getting a crit at that.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

This boy keeps defying death and I am so scared of when his time runs out. x.x

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

It's pre-Beloved Ilmatar all over again and I don't think my heart can take it D:

Day 92

I gave Meifeng her Lionfish, though as I said it's not easily visible under her current apparel. That may change in the future if I can find something else that works for her now that Matar is content that she is not in fact Makani.

In other news, Noelani and Whisper's clutch hatched! And I'm a derp cos I thought they had a similar secondary and tert range. Whoops.
Of course, I now also need to flip a coin to see which, if any, survive.

ImageImage
Male, Shale/Beige/Coral, unusual eyes.

ImageImage
Male, Aqua/Bronze/Auburn, common eyes.

ImageImage
Female, Storm/Sanguine/Rose, uncommon eyes.

Three perfectly healthy babies!
Last edited by Varethyn on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Uhh nice! All survived! ! And one even got glimner!! All those heads gives me an omnious feeling about next coli. .please dont die Mr.Scottish snapper! !

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

*squeals* HATCHLINGS! :D

They're really cute, glad they all survived. Playing around with their colors a bit ~
ImageImageImage
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Ooh Kirra I love the gene ideas you came up with for the tiny trio! Especially the first boy, I thought he was kind of ugly but his colours actually pull really well together with that combo!

Also, I'm giving you guys the chance to name the babies! I've been going with names that mean wind, breeze, mist etc but it doesn't need to stick to a theme. If you like the sound of something and think it would suit one of them, do let me know! I will of course name them myself later down the line if no one has any ideas so there's no pressure :)

Day 93
Trinket!

Tails means guest!

Spoilers for the previous chapter I am yet to finish, Lore was chosen! So I flipped again to choose between Braces and Thothmere, with Heads being the former and Tails the latter. I got Tails so the next guest will be Kirrandria's Thothmere!

Kirra and Syleye, feel free to offer up new guests if you'd like to see them show up later on. Likewise, newcomers are always welcome!
I will admit I'm still on the fence about keeping this option but I don't want to rule it out while there is some interest :hug:

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

This is Dreyma she is part of my clan council and serves as representative for the Drac'Kyr ( Dream Realm dwelling sub species) I have more on their lore in my lore page if interested. I imagine them similar to the vykrul

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

As you guys may have gathered I decided to take yesterday off to celebrate my birthday. Not that I've made much progress on what I've lagged behind on :lol: but well, I've finished the workshop I was on and have no other appointments so hopefully I'll be able to focus on the missing story and art.

Day 94
New dragon hype! I rolled a 9 which means Imperial!

Now, I must admit I've been a little sneaky with dragons in the past in that I specifically looked for the cheapest adult so that I had some backups for the coliseum. The rule itself technically is for the cheapest of that breed regardless of age. So now that I feel I've got a decent team going I did the *proper* thing and bought one of the cheapest hatchlings available (there were two pages of them at 5k. There's different ways to go about this but I just picked one I liked this time). Meet Venilia.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Uhh nice. I like her colors :)

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

pretty pretty girl!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Sorry again for missing yesterday's post. Honestly though, expect this to happen a few times as I got Breath of the Wild for my birthday so I may cease to exist for a little while :lol:
However, yesterday's pull was a material. Since I already have a chapter pending I think I'll make it easier on myself and skip any writing and art prompts until the pending ones are finished. I don't need the stress of knowing I have 3 chapters and 6 pieces of art to complete! :lol:

Day 95
Uh oh!

And nothing happens. Again. That's okay, I could use the free time.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Uhh send some screenshots of your Zelda game! ! And don't stress. Better to take it slow :)