8.2 Beasts

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: 8.2 Beasts

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've found Siltstalker's spawn point so I'll just park my PTR character there and check in occasionally.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

If you want to test-tame a Steelplated Hardshell (crab with bolts) on the PTR, Chromie is present in Rustbolt today and will grant you access to the alternate timeline. The regular-phase version of this crab isn't tameable. It's odd the alt-phase one has a different ID and is tameable, but maybe there are reasons. It's also the closest thing to a tameable mechanical in appearance that we can get in Mechagon (though it's actually a Crab), because no actual mechanicals are tameable in the entire zone. Seems a little ironic, but there you go!

Attachments
SteelplatedHardshell1.png
SteelplatedHardshell1.png (566.41 KiB) Viewed 10885 times
SteelplatedHardshell2.png
SteelplatedHardshell2.png (619.51 KiB) Viewed 10885 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I’ve added a new section to the 8.2 page which shows new matching minipets for this patch:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/patch82.php ... panionsnew

I’ve split it into two sections: matching minipets for new hunter pet looks, and new minipets that match older hunter pet looks. I’ll probably tweak it a bit more (maybe show the hunter pet look beside it? Or would that be redundant clutter?), then do the same thing for mounts. Hopefully I can do this for all patch pages from now on.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

It looks good so far :). I still look a lot on the website even though I don't play anymore. Thanks for your great work :hug:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I still haven't managed to get another snapdragon gland, but with Veph's help I did test out a related item today: the Alpha Fin, which is a more frequent drop than the gland and summons one of those fast mounts that won't stop, for one minute. At the end it summons you a Snapdragon Ravager guardian (which is flagged tameable) for another minute. Veph and I went PvP but unfortunately the Snapdragon Ravager gave an 'already controlled' message when Veph tried to tame it :( This doesn't prove anything about the tameability of the snapdragons summoned by the gland, but it suggests they'll probably be untameable for the same reason.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Banescale the Packfather is now tameable! Instead of a level 122 elite rare, he's now level 121 normal rare - and tameable by level 120 hunters, like Toxigore. This means the red sapdragon colour will be available at patch launch :)

This means only two colours are one colour is now missing: silver-grey (white) and purple-black, used by Snapdragon Terrormaws, which are common level 122 elites.
Attachments
banescale1.png
banescale1.png (744.2 KiB) Viewed 10885 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It seems that the gorgeous Siltstalker the Packmother IS tameable!

But not all the time, which is confusing.

Today I first saw her as an untameable level 122 elite rare (flagged tameable but level too high when I tried to tame her).

Maybe an hour later the same evening she appeared again as a non-elite level 121 (also flagged rare, despite me killing her earlier) and she was tameable!

So, I wonder what the deal is. Is it random? Do I maybe have to kill her elite version for the non-elite to pop? If so, does it reset daily? Hmmmm.

It's also quite possible Banescale exhibits the same phenomenon and some days isn't tameable. Maybe he hasn't been changed at all, but instead I just caught him on a good day today.

Attachments
siltstalker1.png
siltstalker1.png (705.76 KiB) Viewed 10885 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Nice finds, Wain! It is possible that all of the rares act like that, though I think that it is random what lvl that they spawn at. You aren't phasing, so it isn't something that you are just seeing. Someone who has not yet killed them would still see them as a rare elite, but at lvl 121 instead of 122.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Shiz'narasz is still lvl 122.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:Shiz'narasz is still lvl 122.
Yeah, and after killing it, it still respawns that way. I’m wondering if it’s a random daily thing whether the rare will be non-elite and tameable.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Is it possible it's tied to bodyguard daily quests? Like, maybe if someone in the area of the rare currently has the bounty quest from their bodyguard to kill said rare, it gets demoted to a 121 Normal?

Or if the daily quest of any of the bodyguards is to kill said rare, it's a 121 Normal, and otherwise it's 122 Elite.

And the day you encountered the 122 Elite that respawned 121 Normal, no one had killed the 122 Elite from the previous day before the dailies reset or something.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Hmm, I should check that! That's a good thought.

Siltstalker has been non-elite / tameable for 3 days for me. Are others seeing the same thing?

If she's not appearing that way for everyone then maybe it's something related to me. But if she's that way for everyone, then maybe they changed it recently. It's just that I saw her elite / untameable on the same day that I later saw her tameable. So if they hotfixed it then it's just a really big coincidence they did it on the day I happened to check her twice.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong (or if I missed something), but it appears the Chitterspine Ambusher (the red and white mottled spider crab) isn't tameable. I tried to tame 3 different ones, and beast lore is confirming it now has an untameable tag.

This model:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... b_whitered

To be exact, I was testing the ones that are stealthed around the "Chitterspine Deeplurker".

Actually I've looked up all the purple glowy spider crabs on this list, and none of them are showing up in any other color but the dark blue glow. When I view their model on WoWhead, it only shows the "spidercrab_blackblue" variant too. So are the purple crabs hiding somewhere else? XD

https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... rab_purple

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The purple glowy crab can spawn as one of those big elite guys near the Gate of the Queen - it just has a chance to spawn in blue too, so if it's blue, kill it, then wait for a respawn. I tamed a purple one earlier. :)

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Ahh ok, thanks Veph. I kept killing spawns and waiting for respawns, but I kept getting blue. Guess I just had bad luck lol

Thanks! :)

Hazzal
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Hazzal »

Wain wrote:Hmm, I should check that! That's a good thought.

Siltstalker has been non-elite / tameable for 3 days for me. Are others seeing the same thing?

If she's not appearing that way for everyone then maybe it's something related to me. But if she's that way for everyone, then maybe they changed it recently. It's just that I saw her elite / untameable on the same day that I later saw her tameable. So if they hotfixed it then it's just a really big coincidence they did it on the day I happened to check her twice.
FWIW yesterday in the live build she appeared in front of me and was tameable. I got her so as of yesterday at least, she can still appear in a tameable state.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

What is the spawn timer for the packmother I am sitting at the spot waiting and hoping not very long.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Should be 30 min to 1 hour.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Did they change Soundless' model?

I was gonna work on taming it soon, but I was reading wowhead, and someone said that the model in game is not the same as wowhead, and it is now the blue and grey ray model. Which I'm assuming they mean this:

I can understand if they changed it, they don't want hunters taming a mount rare while it's current, but it'd leave a very coveted skin unavailable to us. Can anyone confirm?