8.2 Beasts

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 8.2 Beasts

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote:Stoneclaw Sandshell, despite being a rare, does NOT retain its name upon being tamed. It reverts to "Crab" as if it were a non-rare beast.
Yeah, I think they mostly just flagged NPCs with proper names, not just all new rares. The Iridescent Glimmershell doesn't retain its name either.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Zmey
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Zmey »

Hi fellow hunters. Just a heads up, you can not tame the purple or red version savage snapdragons (the most awesome colors IMO). For example, Toxigore is giving "too high level" to be tamed on live 8.2. This is as of 6/29/2019
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Zmey wrote:Hi fellow hunters. Just a heads up, you can not tame the purple or red version savage snapdragons (the most awesome colors IMO). For example, Toxigore is giving "too high level" to be tamed on live 8.2. This is as of 6/29/2019
Odd, Toxigore has definitely been tamed since 8.2 went live. Did it show as elite to you?

As for the red one, did you check Banescale? Or did you only check Snapdragon Matriarch?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I just tamed Toxigore. Definitely still tameable!

As is Banescale:

Attachments
Toxigore.png
Toxigore.png (522.17 KiB) Viewed 11517 times
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Nazjatar rares/elites sure seem to be weird and fickle.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Has anyone seen the purple variant spawn of the spider crabs? I keep getting the blue one.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Novikova wrote:Has anyone seen the purple variant spawn of the spider crabs? I keep getting the blue one.
Yep, the easiest one to reach would be the Chitterspine Guillotine that patrols near the Avarius spawn point, but it can come in blue so be prepared to kill it a few times until it spawns as purple. (this is the one I tamed)

For ones that are guaranteed to be up, but might be more challenging, you can head into the Chitterspine cave with the torches and make your way toward the bottom, I usually see some there, but be careful of all the stealthed crabs that will come at you.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I got mine in the Chitterspine Cavern. I had to get rid of a few waves of the blue ones to get one to spawn though.

I found it easier to tame and abandon the blue ones than kill them though.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Eight times I've seen Scale Matriarchs, and they were all 121 untameable but flagged tameable. Petopia lists them as 120, but I've yet to see them at 120. Is that something that changed? Or am I just getting bad RNG in a level roulette?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote:
Novikova wrote:Has anyone seen the purple variant spawn of the spider crabs? I keep getting the blue one.
Yep, the easiest one to reach would be the Chitterspine Guillotine that patrols near the Avarius spawn point, but it can come in blue so be prepared to kill it a few times until it spawns as purple. (this is the one I tamed)

For ones that are guaranteed to be up, but might be more challenging, you can head into the Chitterspine cave with the torches and make your way toward the bottom, I usually see some there, but be careful of all the stealthed crabs that will come at you.
On the PTR I found the blue variant occurred WAY more often than the purple one, so you just have to be persistent.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote:Eight times I've seen Scale Matriarchs, and they were all 121 untameable but flagged tameable. Petopia lists them as 120, but I've yet to see them at 120. Is that something that changed? Or am I just getting bad RNG in a level roulette?
They probably changed :( At least their colours are on the non-rare mobs, so it's not a serious issue, but sorry if you wasted a lot of time on them :(
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

It's not a huge problem. The kills were all on separate days, so they were chances at the pet. I did read on the secret finder discord that killing a rare and finding it again changes the elite status to non-elite, and non-elites can be tamed up to two levels above you. Will report back on that if I can confirm it or not, unless someone else has experience with this.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote:It's not a huge problem. The kills were all on separate days, so they were chances at the pet. I did read on the secret finder discord that killing a rare and finding it again changes the elite status to non-elite, and non-elites can be tamed up to two levels above you. Will report back on that if I can confirm it or not, unless someone else has experience with this.
That hasn't been my experience so far. Elite rares just become elite normals for me.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Likewise. I haven’t ever seen an elite become a normal mob after having killed it.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Chiming in that we've had others in the secret's discord who say they cannot tame the Scale Matriarchs. They're all 121 Elite Rares and kick the Too High Level Error.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thwip wrote:Chiming in that we've had others in the secret's discord who say they cannot tame the Scale Matriarchs. They're all 121 Elite Rares and kick the Too High Level Error.
Yeah, I guess they were hotfixed in either late PTR or early release. I'll fix them on the site. Thanks.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Anyone know Deepgliders spawn timer been wanting to tame this ray for sometime even made a macro Wowhead doesn't give any info yet.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Iowawolf wrote:Anyone know Deepgliders spawn timer been wanting to tame this ray for sometime even made a macro Wowhead doesn't give any info yet.
It has to be around 4 hours or more. I was in a rare farming group, hanging out around Coral Forest waiting to see if a Soundless popped up, and around 3 hours and 45~ minutes, Deepglider popped. We never sharded, as the raid leader had marks on top of every tall coral tree, and they never disappeared. Deepglider is UNNECESSARILY rare; I only had the chance to see it three times. I'm not even going to try to tame it this expansion because everyone needs it for the achievement, and along with the Rockweed Shambler (or whatever that stupid algan is called) and the three scale matriarchs, Deepglider is just impossible to find without sheer dumb luck.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Was sitting on forums when Silver Dragon went off and look who showed up he was low enough to the ground he actually aggroed me first before I went to tame even broke tame but luckily another player there didn't try and kill it wish I could have thanked them.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Went out of my way to tame all five variations of Sandclaw Stoneshell, much to the dismay of a death knight who kept showing up AFTER I tamed each one, and only now do I realize the four black ones have slight variations in the color on their black shells. Black and Blue for example has a slightly yellowish tinge, Black and Green has a purplish tinge, and so on. Red with the blue bits is my favorite though.