An Ill Wind Blows (Side Pinkerlocke) - COMPLETE

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: An Ill Wind Blows (Side Pinkerlocke)

Unread post by Lupis »

aaaaa poor Lupin! I'm so glad he avoided death, if just narrowly!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Day 15

Chapter 5

They camped at the base of the windmill that night. And the next couple of days. It wouldn't have been easy, or really fair, to carry three newborn hatchlings with them on their wild Coatl chase. However in staying in one place with now seven mouths to feed it was no surprise their supplies dwindled quickly. Especially the meat having now been shared between three maws.

Of the three carnivores Zinnia was the one who ate least. Iris couldn't help herself with her Mirror tendencies to gorge, though at the same time, as it turned out, she was practically starving since being kicked out of her pack. The original trio had appreciated the Plague dragon had struggled given her lack of mobility but had neglected to consider how long for. Despite being asked again now that things had settled down Iris still fell silent, refusing to answer anything regarding her immediate past.

By far the worst offender was the Gaoler, who was growing at an alarming rate; by the third day Lupin, as they had decided to name him, was almost as long as both the Mirror and Skydancer. Gardenia, the pale blue Tundra, in comparison was barely half as long as he was. As he grew so did his appetite.

It became a struggle to stay put, keeping an eye on the juveniles and watching for threats. They had no choice, someone had to go and gather food. Until they were sure the younglings could manage walking longer distances they had to remain here.

At first those who could fit inside the pinwheel's tower did so, lining the floor with bedrolls and extra cloth for everyone to snuggle into. Magnolia, while there was little choice, opted to stay outside anyway. She was so big that if anyone that wasn't another Ridgeback or an Imperial came by to cause trouble she could see them off fairly easily.

What no one was sure about was the beast clans. Especially the harpies they'd fled from.

Over time Iris and Hyacinth felt guilty leaving Maggie out on her own and, after some persuasion, Zinnia also came out to lend a claw in constructing some rudimentary shelters with nearby materials. It wasn't pretty nor completely stable, but it would do. It was shelter they could all enjoy.

“Hung'y!” Lupin whined, wriggling around on his back with brown and green fur splayed all over the place. “Eat soon?”

“For goodness' sake Lupin, please stop doing that.” Zinnia chided with a click of the tongue as she picked the fluffy bundle up and ignoring his protests. “If you keep rolling around like that you'll matt your fur again.” As she said this the Bogsneak began running her long claws through Lupin's dense pelt to straighten it.

Lupin squirmed in the Lightning dragon's grip, making noises of disagreement. “It fuuuun.”

“You're setting a bad example.” Zinnia scolded lightly as she continued to brush his fur. “You and Gardenia have such long fur to look after and now she's started copying you.” Indeed not too far away Iris was tending to the Tundra in a similar fashion, though her words were softer and she was entertaining the little girl into giggles.

Allium, the grey Fae girl, was perched on the Mirror's head, watching her surrogate sister get fussed. Feeling left out she began to cheep sadly, clambering over Iris' face to get her attention.

“Okay, okay!” Iris laughed, plucking the tiny dragon off her snout. “I haven't forgotten you, don't worry.” With that she gently placed Allium on the ground next to Gardenia, then playfully tipped her over and rubbed both exposed bellies to a great deal of pleased squealing.

Zinnia, who had looked up to see what was happening, sighed and placed the struggling Gaoler on the grass again. Then grabbed his tail as he made to wander off. “Le'go!”

“No, you're staying here until Mag and Cin get back.” How did Iris manage it? Heck she was playing with two hatchlings while not being able to walk and they were behaving and happy together. The Bogsneak, meanwhile, simply couldn't find the patience to deal with one.

Then again Lupin had seemed to advance a lot faster than his siblings as well as grow. He'd begun making legible words, if broken and jumbled, far sooner then really any hatchling should be able to. Could really use Bookworm's words of wisdom. she found herself thinking.

Until pain shot through her hand. “Ow! Hey!” Lupin had swung around and bitten Zinnia in a bid to get her to let go. “That is not nice!” She'd stood up suddenly, still a fair bit bigger than Lupin, and her voice was louder than intended. Lupin did stop and look sorry, but was also now cowering. Guilt stabbed her in the chest as his large, deep green eyes shimmered, bottom jaw wobbling. Sucking in a breath Zinna called to Iris, “Think you can manage a third? I'm done here.”

Oh yeah good job asking the disabled dragon to look after three babies. she berated herself bitterly. Even so she'd grabbed the Gaoler by the scruff and unceremoniously dumped him next to the Mirror who, as well as Gardenia and Allium, had paused her game to see what had happened. Without further word or waiting for a reply the Bogsneak slithered inside the windmill, coiling up in the cloth and blankets to sulk. Can I not do anything right?

She'd already regretted her decision as she'd gone through the door. Pride told her it was too soon to apologise and that she deserved a rest. So she took it. As the minutes passed however the weight of her guilt bore down heavier and heavier until she had to stand. Pacing back and forth, shaking her head in attempt to clear the nagging thoughts Zinnia ultimately ended up where she always did after a bad move: reminding herself of it over and over, telling herself how low and pathetic she'd become. She'd wanted to change but not like this.

Eventually she started mulling over ways to approach Iris and apologise for her actions. Envisioning herself sweeping up the hatchlings into her arms and actually being a good mother figure. The fantasies soothed her somewhat, but every time she turned to leave the same questions flared up.

Will she listen? Does she hate me? Maybe the others came back and it didn't matter?

Paw on the door ring the Bogsneak frowned heavily, cursing herself. But as she let go to resume pacing there was a scream, a bout of expletives and the cacophony of many wings.

The harpies had followed them. And she'd left a cripple in charge of three very active youths while their best fighters had gone off looking for food.

“No! Let – him – go!”

That did it. Zinnia all but barrelled out of the windmill, crests fully splayed out in a show of dominance as she rounded the base. She hissed threateningly when she saw what was happening; somehow Iris had managed to latch herself to one of the harpies, claws, glowing a pestilent greenish yellow, dug deep into the scaled leg as she spat unpleasant-looking projectiles at the flock of blue and white around her.

Zinnia noticed with horror that the leg Iris wasn't attached to held the writhing, squeaking form of Gardenia. Allium, having managed to blend in with some of the stones dotting the landscape given her tiny form, now scampered to the safety of the Bogsneak, who plucked her up and held her to her heaving chest protectively.

Lupin was nowhere to be seen.

Lightning began to gather in Zinnia's maw which she aimed at Iris' attacker. “No wait!” The Mirror cried, flapping her large wings to keep her target from flying away. “That one, over there! It's got Lupin!” She pulled out a taloned hand long enough to point east at a harpy in the progress of fleeing with a very familiar brown and green lump in her claws.

Without pausing the Bogsneak switched her gaze to aim at the hatchling thief, spitting a charged bolt at the stupid bird. Just in time, the bolt left her mouth as the rest of the flock descended upon her, digging claws into her thick hide. A screech more off annoyance than pain left her then as the weight of the avian people forced her down, carefully rolling to one side to avoid squashing the tiny Fae she held.

Hyacinth, Magnolia, get your tails back here fast!

Behind and slightly above her Zinnia could hear Iris screeching too, a much more piercing sound, but also one of pain and anger. Both of them were swarmed.

It was a pleasure then that a shrieking squawk was heard further away. Her bolt had connected, hopefully sending jolts through the thief. Except there was no way to get over there as she shielded her eyes from talons with one stocky arm while the other cradled the terrified Allium. And what if, she realised, it had dropped Lupin? Was he okay?

This wouldn't have happened if I hadn't stormed off like that.

“Get. Off. OF. ME!” Zinnia bellowed, spreading her short yet still powerful wings to shake off the birds at her sides. Temporarily free she used the time to her advantage, kicking her hind legs in such a way that the Bogsneak flipped over backwards. Startled cries around her indicated she'd not managed to hit any of them, though they'd back off in surprise as she continued to flip tail over head until the momentum and incline turned her into a living wheel.

“Sinn'a! Sinn'a help!”

Realising what she'd gotten herself into Zinnia tucked her wings close and used the calls from Lupin to direct herself. Grass was flattened, rocks caused her to jolt and bounce, still she kept going. Until she hit something hard and feathery and very, very angry.

Success! She'd struck the one who'd tried to get away.

Unravelling herself the Lightning Bogsneak rounded on her avian opponent, electricity building between her jaws as her claws crackled dangerously. It had attempted to grab Lupin again, now glaring daggers at the dragon from behind its red-streaked bone mask.

“Wretched lizard!” It hissed venomously as it backed away, unfocused and bruised. “We will reclaim our prize!”

Zinnia waved a wing at the young Gaoler, beckoning him over. He complied all too quickly, dashing quickly to huddle under her squat body. “Then take him.” Zinnia replied, voice crackling as much as the lightning energy she held. “I dare you.”

For a moment it seemed the harpy was weighing its options, only to start as warning shrieks sounded from up the hill. Suddenly a group of the others soared overhead, shouting something the dragons could not understand. The thief in front of them clicked its tongue, shot Zinnia one last glare then awkwardly waddled until it was able to get, albeit unsteadily, airborne.

The reason for the flock fleeing became evident when a loud roar echoed across the fields. Magnolia had returned! Thank the Stormcatcher.

Allowing the magic to dissipate Zinnia stood back to examine Lupin, placing the tiny Allium on his fluffy head. Her brow furrowed in concern as she looked the two over; Allium was fine if shaky and crinkled from where she'd been held, but Lupin was worse off. One of his antlers was broken, presumably in the fall.

“Are you hurt?” She asked gently, running a paw around the missing horn.

“Nuh. Not hurt.” He replied, pressing against her touch. Something about that made the Bogsneak gasp, tears stinging the back of her eyes. Suddenly she scooped both of them up, hugging them tight.

“I'm sorry I yelled.” A soft movement lined with small claws made its way around her neck as the Gaoler hugged her back, followed by a smooth, tiny movement on the other side as Allium mimicked the action.

I don't deserve this. I did so much wrong. I don't deserve this...

“Zinnia!” Hyacinth's voice startled her from her thoughts and she twisted her neck to regard the Skydancer. “Are you okay? What happened? ...are you crying?”

With her claws full Zinnia had no choice but to let the tears roll over her pointed snout. She sniffled, then replied, “I'm okay. We're all okay.” Then she balked. “Iris! Dene! Are they okay?!”

The Skydancer bobbed his head in affirmation. “Iris is a little bruised with a few scratches. Nothing I can't tend to. Gardenia's with Maggie. She's shaken but unharmed.”

“I'm glad.”

“Walk with me Zin. Tell me what happened.”

And so they walked.

Next Chapter

Last edited by Varethyn on Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

oh wow so good

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Aw Zin.... Man, I'm already so in love with this team. Everyone has such interesting different conflicts and struggles. And sweet little Lupin, I could cry, he's so cute. ;_;

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

You write really really well Varethyn. .. ever concidered writing books?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Heh thank you Mirya. No I haven't considered it. Mainly because, much like Zinnia, I feel my stuff isn't worth making into actual books and shops and all that :hug:

Day 16

Chapter 6

“We can't stay here.” Hyacinth declared once the story had been adequately retold to him and Maggie, the latter of which had rushed to scoop all three hatchlings into her arms. Zinnia had been reluctant to relinquish Lupin so she got scooped up as well. “The harpies now know where we are and if what Zinnia mentioned is correct they are highly intent on stealing back Lupin, if not all three infants.”

Heads bobbed in agreement once Magnolia had let the youngsters and Bogsneak back down. They hadn't even intended to stop in the first place and now with the possible threat of harpy attacks even without the winds for them to ride on their only option was to move. They only hoped the smallest of the group would manage the journey.

“What about this thing?” Iris asked , jabbing a thumb towards the bird that had attacked her and Gardenia. Necrosis was setting in, eating away the skin on their leg which was seeping horrible, thick liquid from the wounds Iris' plague magic had caused. They had tried to slink off as the dragons chattered but the pain was too much.

“Kill it.” Zinnia stated simply. “It tried to hurt us, steal the hatchlings. If we let it go it'll alert the rest of its flock.”

“If it makes it back.” Iris added, gesturing at the blackening limb. “It would take some powerful magic or remedy to heal that kind of wound. Even then it'd likely be permanently damaged.”

At this the harpy bristled. Puffing out her snowy feathers and drawing her legs as close as she could to her body she hissed, “Kill or spare, my sisters will avenge me.” Using her good leg as a prop the thief sat up straight and defiant, exposing her throat. She was daring them to kill her. “We will overthrow you hideous monsters. Sornieth belongs to the Beast Clans and we will take back what is rightfully ours!”

“Are we really the monsters here?” A soft voice asked. Everyone craned their necks up at Magnolia who was staring intently with pale blue eyes. “Are we truly? We're just a travelling group looking for a friend. We have done you no harm. Sure dragons as a whole have done some terrible, unforgivable things in past. But this is like accusing a longneck trader who only wants to barter for slaughtering your people when a whole other tribe was at fault.” She cocked her head at the harpy; she wasn't angry or offended, demanding or suspicious. Just sad.

The harpy spat, sucking in air through her teeth as pain coursed up her leg. “Longneck would not slaughter harpies.” she countered, glaring up at the Ridgeback from behind her mask. “Longnecks would not burn our forests, eat our people and dig ugly holes in our homeland.”

“Maybe not, but you see the point right?” No one moved. “The dragons you stole these eggs from. How did they hurt you? What made you steal this particular family's children?”

Still the avian remained silent, though her jaw worked. “Dragons do not deserve to prosper.” She said finally, though with a hint of hesitation in her words. “We take the eggs and destroy them. Or sell them to those who can raise them against their own kind.”

Maggie lay down, bringing her eyes more level with their hostage's. “Yes, but why them specifically? Just because they were dragons?” She paused for a moment, holding the harpy's gaze. After a moment she continued, “You know now there are grieving parents who have lost their children because of you, right? If a rival clan stole your eggs even though you yourself had done nothing to them, you'd be upset too, wouldn't you?”

Again silence fell between them, eyes locked. For a time the only sound was the creaking of the rounded blades of the windmill overhead, the cries of sea birds in the distance.

“Are we, are those grieving parents, really at fault? Is it really worth ruining lives because of what our kind as a whole did years ago?” At Maggie's side the three hatchlings, flanked by an irate Zinnia, shuffled.

“Mah?” Gardenia peeped, deep blue eyes flicking between the white giant, the snowy bird-person and the other adult dragons. “Mah.” she repeated, tugging at Magnolia's hook claw. Beside her Allium, having not yet found her voice, half-splayed her fins hopefully and cheeped each time Dene spoke.

“Can eat soon?” Lupin added, glancing up at Zinnia.

Allium and Gardenia echoed, “Eat? Food?”

The harpy looked away, no longer able to bare the dragons' stares. “You... The winds have failed.” She tried, squeezing her eyes shut. “We can no longer-”

“And you don't think that affects us too?” The Bogsneak snapped, cutting off the bird's argument. “You really think we're to blame for that?”

She flinched at the lizard's words, sputtering a moment as she reached for something, anything that would justify harming this group. Theft of the eggs was obvious, yet now her mind swam at the idea that these ones were just trying to protect the young of a family torn by her tribe's talons. Dragons were horrible. They warred between themselves and against beast clans for their own gain. So many settlements and forests and nest sites had been destroyed in their rampage. Brothers and sisters of different beast species trampled and devoured for simply being. How could these ones be any different?

“If I may?”

She jolted her head up at the new voice. The male. The feathered one, the mockery that was part dragon part bird. How dare their kind display the glorious plumes of her people? The thoughts fell aside for confusion. He hadn't addressed her but his fellows. Aside from the dark one they all nodded. And he reached a filthy claw towards her. With a cry she kicked with her good leg, almost toppling with the effort.

“Steady. I wish to heal you.” This statement took the harpy off guard and more out of stunned bewilderment than consent she allowed him to work his magic. A soothing sensation swept up her leg, overtaking the pain and leaving her in momentary bliss. “Zinnia, your potions please?” Her leg stung again, in a good way this time, as a clear-blue liquid was poured over her wounds followed by a reddish one.

They were healing her.

“Why?” The harpy asked at length, only with minor reluctance allowing the birdlike dragon to work his magic. “Why help me after this? After what we did?”

“To prove we're not all bad.” Iris spoke up. What scratches and grazes the four-eyed one had received in their tussle had all but vanished already. “Jus' cos some people are nasty scum of the earth doesn't mean we all are. At least, we try not to be. Most of it was by accident if I heard right.”

Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. It sounded so wrong. Everything was wrong. These were dragons. They were evil. They were greedy. They were...

They were healing her even though she'd meant them harm.

“There.” The one called Hyacinth declared, tying a bandage around her leg to finalise the treatment. “As was stated previously I am afraid your wounds will never fully heal. You will be able to walk but you might not be able to close your talons fully.” He bowed his head sorrowfully. “I apologise that this is all I can do.”

He stepped back and suddenly all eyes, big and small, were upon her. Waiting.

“...you are letting me go?” The words felt weak, pathetic.

“If you choose so.” Hyacinth concluded.

Why wouldn't they kill her? Murderous wretches... Why? “I...” No. Perhaps there was some merit to their claims. Maybe, just maybe it was possible that there were dragon clans who didn't wish them dead. There was a good chance she'd be killed by her flock when she returned as penance for her failure. But if she could say something about this...

What were these thoughts? She shook her head as if the action would let the correct answer fall into place. Nothing came. Was this... was this right after all?

“I...” she tried again, feeling warm trickles run down her face and catching on the rim of her mask. “...thank you. I cannot promise this will affect standings with my flock but I personally thank you. For letting me see your kind in another light.”

Magnolia brightened at this and grinned. “Everyone deserves a second chance.”

Second chance. Did dragonkind deserve a second chance?

...maybe.

“Would you like one of us to escort you close to your roost?” The Skydancer asked politely.

She shook her head vigorously. “No. I appreciate the offer but my flock will be waiting. They will ambush you and they will not let you go again.” With some effort, aided by the lingering sensation of the healing magic, the harpy managed to stand. “I doubt we will meet again.” she spoke as she flared her wings in preparation. “But know that your actions have not gone unnoticed.”

“Wait!” The white Ridgeback called, giving the harpy pause. “At least tell us your name before you go. Please?”

“Mag, I doubt it would want to-” Zinnia began only to be interrupted.

“Ariana. My name is Ariana.”

And with that, with a hobbling run and a few dislodged feathers, Ariana the harpy took to the skies. She did not look back.

Next Chapter
Inventory: Breed/Scatter/G1 purchase x1

I apologise that the perspective in this one is all over the place. I couldn't think of a good way to properly present it all x_x ...honestly I don't even know where this all came from.
Last edited by Varethyn on Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Aw, that was a really nice chapter. I'm especially glad it was Maggie leading the charge for peace- she seems like she's starting to mature a little, and really find her place. I wonder if we'll see Ariana again!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

that was so pretty to read Vare you truly have a talent <3

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Awesome read! !

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Hahh... Pink... you sure love your stories don't you? Well sorry but three days of writing, especially without inspiration, is a no-go from me. Normally I'd reserve a post for RP but I'm lost for ideas right now so I'm outright skipping yesterday's pull. Sorry guys. Glad you enjoyed the last entry even though I felt a lot of it was word vomit and all over the place :lol:

Day 17
30-40 matches in the coliseum.

Except it wasn't and I now have something to at least include next chapter. Rolled Gardenia, Hyacinth and Zinnia. I was tempted to stay in Woodland Path for the duration but they got so little experience from there it didn't feel worth the full amount. So I risked a few rounds in Scorched Forest to determine how well they'd fare.

Bad idea. Two casters and a melee do not a strong team make, especially when both casters are 2 levels behind. I didn't get a screenshot of it but Cin got crit and KO'd. Technically my rule states that level 5 and below cannot be killed/Badly Injured but I seriously wasn't in the mood to do much today. So Cin is now Injured for a week. He can still be rolled for the coliseum but if he is KO'd again during this time he will die.

To make things more interesting I used a hit list I was linked at some point to determine the injury and got left wing. So Hyacinth is now sporting bloody wing bandages and is likely grounded for a while.

Inventory/Notes: Breed/Scatter/G1 purchase x1. Hyacinth Badly Injured for 7 days.

Last edited by Varethyn on Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 18

Image Got a complaint? I'll accept that in writing.

Image I will haunt your dreams for a month.

So. Much. Writing.

Chapter 7

“What were you thinking?!” Zinnia hissed angrily at the rest of her rag-tag group once the harpy was out of ear-shot, lashing her tail and almost stepping on Gardenia's tail. The Tundra darted away with a startled squeak, followed closely by Allium. Lupin padded a few steps back but stayed close, staring with large eyes up at the big black Bogsneak.

“Helping.” Magnolia replied simply with a shrug. “Is it so wrong to be nice to people?”

Hyacinth bobbed his head. “I concur. If we can change the views of one beast clan member maybe there's a chance others will see differently as well.”

But Zinnia was having none of it. “For all we know the rest of that thing's flock is waiting for us out in that copse over there!” She waved a pudgy paw at the trees. “They could be waiting for it to return so they can attack us again!”

“All the more reason for us to leave.” The grey Skydancer remarked, remaining calm despite the rage being thrown at him. “As I said, we can't stay here. Whether or not Ariana, if that is her name, is successful in changing the other harpies' minds there will always be someone else looking to strike us down.”

The enraged lightning-borne parted her jaws to speak again only to be cut off by paws pressing against her arm. “Sinn'a? P'ease?” Those eyes. Those beautiful green eyes. Those were enough to calm her slightly though it was the Gaoler's missing antler that gave her most pause.

She sighed, deflating visibly as if the action had released all the annoyances since the start of their journey. “Okay,” she spoke at length, “we feed the hatchlings, then what?” Zinnia reached out for the food bag, flicking her gaze up between the other three to show she was listening should they reply.

Wait.

A paw went in and felt about. She glanced between Hyacinth and Magnolia. “Ehm. Was the hunting trip successful?” Guilt rushed back as she realised she'd spent most of the day moping indoors while the Skydancer and Ridgeback had gone looking for food and Iris entertained the youngsters. Her cheeks flushed; had it not been for her dark scales her face would have reddened.

“Oh right! Yeah!” Maggie unstrapped the satchels forgotten at her flanks, dropping one of them at Zinnia's feet.

They left early the next morning. By whatever luck yet followed them Hyacinth and Magnolia's hunt for food had been largely successful, their packs stuffed with assorted, if rather lacklustre, plants and insects. The same could not be said for meat or seafood. Wildlife remained scarce and Hyacinth was no fisherman. Between his lack of skill and Maggie's refusal to go near water the best they could manage was a handful of small sun baked oysters.

What they had scrounged up was enough, as it turned out, to provide a moderately decent meal the previous evening and a satisfactory breakfast before they left, even with the hatchlings. Iris had been allowed to finish off the last of the jerky, of which she had sneakily torn some off to offer to Lupin since he'd only have vegetarian options for a while going forwards, while Maggie did her best not to demolish the remaining fish cakes and oysters in one go. It was difficult.

Alternating between short spurts of gliding and a brisk walk the group put as much distance between themselves and the pinwheel as they could manage without the winds to aid them, often ducking behind hills, ridges and rocks to break potential line of sight from prying eyes. Despite these precautions it did not appear the harpies had given chase. At least not yet.

The call was soon made to take a break in order to reassess how they were going to continue their mission. Twice. Make that three times. Zinnia had not been convinced they were a good enough distance away and only stopped when it was pointed out that she was beginning to flag. Before she could suggest riding on the Ridgeback's back with Iris for the next stretch Hyacinth made a point of eking out a spot for them. They soon found a small valley nestled between rolling emerald hills which would provide good cover. At least from the sides.

Along the way the troupe had scored themselves a delicious prize. A bumble hive had been constructed the shadow of a rocky overhang. Using a contusion bolt from a distance Hyacinth was able to safely rile the inhabitants into coming out, only to get squashed under Magnolia and Zinnia's bulk. Those that got out of the way found themselves shot down by bright bolts and further contusions. They were rewarded with the sweet treat that was honey and honeycomb which they shared between each other for a sugary boost. Not a good idea, it turned out, to give this to already energised hatchlings. All the more reason to take a break and prevent them from running off.

While Zinnia and Magnolia set about trying to shepherd the now hyper and rather sticky Gardenia and Lupin Hyacinth flopped away to one side with Iris, the Mirror chowing down on the final jerky strips. Cin however had lost his appetite, more toying with the crunchy moth legs he'd managed to gather than actually bite down.

“Hey, you gonna finish that?” He jerked back to their current location in the valley, staring blankly at Iris a few seconds.

“Oh. Um. I thought Mirrors didn't eat insects?” They Skydancer gave her a quizzical, if distracted look.

Iris shook her head with a laugh. “No not for me, for her!” She gestured down at the monochromatic Fae who had wandered up to them at some point, now staring at the moth legs with large, red eyes.

“Gon fins 'at?” Allium parroted in her flat monotone, reaching her spindly arms out towards the insect parts. She half lowered her head crests and flared her cheek fins, vibrating them slightly. The Fae way of looking hopeful.

“I... well...” Great Lightweaver these hatchlings were growing up fast. All young dragons tended to mature quickly, but these three were only days old. “I...” he tried again, “no, I suppose I'm not.” The Lightborne lowered his hand so that Allium could take her pick of the legs. With a squeal of joy and wavering crests in thanks she picked out some of the smallest ones and lay in the curl of the Skydancer's tail to munch on them.

Iris tilted her head slightly to one side. “You seem distant. More so than usual anyway.” She remarked, noting that the male was beginning to drift off in thought again. “Coin for your thought?”

Having not expected the Mirror to ask this question Hyacinth found himself floundering as he searched for a way to structure his reply. Instead a babble of flustered stammering managed to form: “I'm worried about Zinnia.”

An eye ridge raised as a head crest lowered. “Why? What's wrong with her?”

He sight, running a claw through his short mane. In doing so he jostled his magic hood, allowing his sensitive antennae to detect the concern and confusion emanating from his companion. “The way she reacted too Ariana. It bothers me.”

“The harpy?” Iris scoffed, settling back down from seemingly expecting something more important than that. “Can't blame her really. I would have suggested we kill her too, but that was due to her injuries. That's why I stayed quiet.”

Hyacinth nodded slowly, turning away. “At least you have your Plague philosophies. Zin... I've never known her to be so... xenophobic.”

“I see.” Iris commented, not completely convinced. Her attention dipped for a moment at a small movement between them; Allium had finished her crunch snack and was holding her arms up towards them again.

“Up! Up!” the little Fae squeaked as she clenched and unclenched her hands in a grabbing motion.

With a chuckle the Mirror reached over to tap the Skydancer lightly on the shoulder, rolling all four eyes when he squawked in reply. Had he really slipped off into thought again? “Hey, you can stand up. That means you're taller. Might want to give the girl some air.”

“Oh! Uh, right!” Hyacinth bobbed his head dazedly, not quite catching the request. Iris sighed and pointed at the waiting child, who he quickly scooped up and placed on top of his hood much to her delight. He felt her movement through the fabric as she situated herself, catching glimpses of her dark blue wings as she tested them. “First signs of attempted flight already...?”

“You're really surprised, “bookworm”?” The Plagueborne smirked playfully, bringing up the nickname she'd heard Zinnia use for him previously. “Plague dragons grow up quicker than average to get a better head start in life.”

A golden eye flicked to her, Hyacinth's expression giving her slight pause. She'd expected surprise or a “I totally knew that” kind of look. This was different, so she pressed the matter.

With a claw the Skydancer gestured at Gardenia and Lupin. “We don't know much, if anything, about Lupin's kind. But even so he and Gardenia are also growing faster than a regular clutch of eggs ought to. I remember reading something about it but I can't quite remember the phrasing.” He turned back to Iris slowly so not to disturb Allium too much. “All three of them seem to be experiencing a form of accelerated growth.”

Both of them fell silent in thought at this discovery. None of them knew where these eggs came from or how long they'd been abandoned or stolen so there could be any number of reasons. Hyacinth frequently returned to the waking world for brief spurts whenever Allium shifted and found himself ever more grateful for the hood when she started gripping and pulling the fabric as she balanced herself. Had she gotten her hands on his antennae...

It was increasingly obvious that the youngsters would not burn off their excess energy by running circles around the camp. Even Maggie as energetic as she can be found it hard to keep going after a few rounds. Once the girls had caught their breath it was decided that, once everyone was done eating, they would move on.

It took some convincing to break Hyacinth out of his new, split reverie between Zinnia's reactions and how these hatchlings could be growing so fast, largely only moving when the Bogsneak grasped the drawstring oh his hood and bodily dragged him to his feet.

Iris was helped onto Magnolia's back again and Dene and Lupe were given permission to run around as long as they stayed close by.

It wasn't long after they left the relative safety of the valley that, unbeknown to the group, eyes had once again fallen upon them. A new threat had followed their tracks to their makeshift camp and now stalked them from a distance.

Next Chapter
Inventory/Notes: Breed/Scatter/G1 purchase x1. Hyacinth Badly Injured for 6 days.

Last edited by Varethyn on Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 19

UUUUGGGHHH-

Chapter 8

None of them knew where they were going. None of them had had the foresight to pack a map with their initial belongings. They all knew there had to be other lairs and camps and settlements around but had no way to find them while grounded. So they bumbled about in directions chosen by pure randomness – Maggie would cover her eyes with one hand, spin about a few times then point where she stopped. That was where they went. Unconventional and embarrassing for her fellows but was the only method they agreed on short of starting off on one route to see the others going their own chosen path.

Twice now the sun had set and risen with no sign of dragon activity nearby. One curious thing noticed was that wildlife was slowly returning. Skittish, flighty. At first it was the odd rat, not very filling. It was meat and meat they had needed desperately for Iris. Then rabbits and hares began to appear. A few odd birds struggled to zip overhead, others were found stranded and exhausted from the attempt. Gradually their stocks built up to the point where Lupin could join in and again to the point they could start smoking it for later.

Plants and insects were still plentiful if drooping, easily gathered as they walked by. Fish was another matter. Each time the group stopped for a break or to set up camp for the night Magnolia and either Zinnia or Hyacinth would fly to a known stream or pond to catch what they could from the shallows. Whoever didn't go stayed behind with Iris to watch the hatchlings. Zinnia was not going to let another attack happen with only the paralysed Mirror to do much about it.

One more pressing matter was noticed by a rather more frazzled than usual Hyacinth. His mind still swam with troubled thoughts. Zinnia wasn't the Bogsneak he thought he knew. Quiet and antisocial perhaps but never one to lash out at non-dragons.

And then the hatchlings. Perhaps Iris was right after all about Allium, who was frequently seeking a high perch to spread and test her frilled wings. It may just be a Plague quirk that she was learning so fast.

Lupin he still couldn't tell given the enigmatic mist that surrounded his kind – at least what he'd assumed was his kind. None of them had agreed that the brownish grey dragon was in fact a Gaoler given that the creatures were only known of in very few, very old books and carvings. Even then knowledge of their behaviours was spotty and incomplete.

It was Gardenia who made him decide that he'd imagined an unnatural growth spurt. Of the three she had been the slowest to learn to walk, the last to try to form cohesive words. It could also be that she was slow of mind. Unfair to say as much when her ersatz siblings naturally – presumably – learned quickly.

These bouts of pondering had kept the Skydancer up at night, slipping away from camp to pace around hoping the space and air would help make some sense.

It was, in fact, the opposite.

After an indeterminate about of time spent walking around the camp the second night Hyacinth found himself staring into the gloom. The sound was distant, muted, but close enough that he could hear it. Footsteps. Slow. Unsteady. A heavy, rattling breath carried through the still air as something over the crest of that hill growled, lumbering in their direction.

He did not sleep that night.

Whatever the thing was it was still far enough and slow enough that it didn't reach them, but it had put the birdlike dragon on edge. What was worse was when he spoke of it with the girls over breakfast, making sure the youngsters were out of earshot. They'd laughed, saying it was because he'd been fretting over nothing. Maybe he just needed a book to read. Going so long without something to study was making him study everything else instead. The growl? Likely his own stomach from neglecting to eat.

And thus it went on, his warnings not taken seriously.

So groggy Hyacinth was from missing a night of sleep and from worrying about what could be following them that he constantly fell behind as they moved on. Iris, having not needed to pay attention to where she was going, was the one to notice this. Tapping Magnolia on the neck the Mirror suggested Hyacinth take a break up here with her. Maggie had snorted in amusement but complied all the same. While he didn't say anything they could tell he was grateful.

With the sun setting a third time since leaving the windmill and camp being set up once again the Skydancer skulked away after doing his bit. Determined to learn the identity of their possibly monstrous stalker he braced himself, splaying his wings and poising to jump.

“Hi! Cin?” A small voice chirped from below, causing him to start, stagger a little and then cast his yellow eyes about until they settled on the three small beings peering up at him. Or rather, two small beings with one alarmingly big one. Lupin was almost eye level with the Light dragon at this point with Gardenia being barely as long as his now rather matted tail.

Really should cut that fur of his...

It had been Allium who had spoken, though Dene also squeaked out a “Hi!”

“Saw you go.” the Gaoler added, voice a lot more gruff than the two girls. “You okay?”

“Di-Did the others send you?” Hyacinth managed, glancing back towards camp.

All three shook their heads. “We see.” Allium piped, crest raised and fins lowered in concern. “Why go?”

“See! See Cin! Why go?” Gardenia joined in, giggling at the sounds she was making and fluffing out her light blue fur. “Hu-nee? Neeeee!”

Despite himself Hyacinth found himself chuckling at the trio, lowering his long neck to regard the little Tundra. “No, no more honey yet. Maybe for breakfast.”

She deflated slightly. “Huuuuuneeeee?”

“Tomorrow.”

“'kay...” the fluffy dragon drooped in disappointment.

“Have you two been teaching her?” The Skydancer eyed the Gaoler and Fae with mock annoyance. “Did you teach Dene these words?”

Allium puffed out proudly, spreading her arms and wings. “Teach words! Fun!”

“Fun!” added Gardenia, already forgetting about the honey.

“Why here?” Lupin asked again before Cin could coo at them more. His eyes were a lot less watery and round, narrowing with a hint of sternness. It made the Skydancer pause. After a couple of beats he relented.

“Heard noise last night.” He did his best to explain. “Think something is following. Want to see.”

The Gaoler tilted his head uncertainly, sending Allium clambering up his remaining antler. “Follow? Gon' fly?”

Hyacinth nodded with a grim expression. “Fly. Go see if there is something.”

“We fly too?” Allium spread her blue wings again, waving them so hard she almost actually took off. “Want to fly. Want to see!”

At the motion Lupin spread his wing arms, splaying out the minimal membrane and inspecting it. “...Can fly...?” He shook them a few times the way Allium and now Gardenia were, giving the older dragon a half quizzical, half sorrowful look. “Wings so small.” For all of the Gaoler's rapid growth the one part of him that hadn't was his wings, the wrist leading into what appeared to be another paw, complete with pads and claws, with elongated fingers rather than a traditional wing structure. What membrane stretched between the digits was too little to push air, not helped that it was confined to the paw and not reach down the back of the arm to the body.

“I...” Hyacinth pursed his lips, thinking of the best way to tell the poor boy. “I'm sorry. I don't think so.” Lupin's head lowered, thick green mane falling over his eyes. “B-but hey, we can help you!” The Skydancer added quickly. “Maybe not fly like us, but we can carry like you can fly!”

Lifting his head the wateriness returned to those deep green Nature eyes. “Really?”

Hyacinth nodded. “Not tonight though. You've gotten so big. We'll need Maggie's help.” He nudged Lupin's blunt snout with his own pointed one. “Would you like that?”

“Yeah!”

“We come?” Allium griped, reaching a hand out to Cin's nose to get his attention. “Me an' Gardie come fly too?”

“Of course.”

There was a chorus of cheers from the hatchlings as they bounced around in excitement. A smile spread over Hyacinth's face at the sight, only to falter as he turned to look over his shoulder. He hadn't heard anything since last night. So... maybe it would be okay? Maybe he had been imagining things.

Relinquishing the desire to make sure they weren't being followed by something otherworldly he shepherded the young dragons back to camp, welcomed by a serious of teasing questions for his absence. This time he could laugh along, the feeling of dread left behind. Yeah. He just needed something to focus on. And what better thing to focus on than the education of the youth? They would rest, they would eat in the morning, they'd have some lessons and then they'd move on. There was nothing to worry about.

He was wrong.

Next Chapter
Inventory/Notes: Breed/Scatter/G1 purchase x1. Hyacinth Badly Injured for 5 days.

Last edited by Varethyn on Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Pinkerton is loving these writing prompts for you :lol: Loving the chapters so far! Hyacinth is absolutely my favourite, I can confirm, and I'm very interested (and mildly concerned) at what/who seems to be following the group.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Uhh a stakler. . Both omnious and exiting

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Oh my god I'm so proud of you for writing all of these. I'd have burnt out so hard by now. :lol:

Really loved the latest chapter! You're doing a fantastic job with the triplets- I adore Lupin with all of my heart, this big sweet boy. He's sharper than he lets on, and I'm so excited for more. Really worried about Cin, though. Whatever he saw sounded scary as heck and knowing that he gets badly injured... I'm just glad he's not dead. ;_;

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Oh trust me it's been difficult. My saving grace is random fits of inspiration that I somehow fit together in a legible way :lol: I also pick out some interesting ideas from the other 'lockes I've been reading so I can't say everything I write is 100% my own.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 20

Chapter 9

That night passed relatively peacefully. Everyone ate well enough, although seafood was still limited, and they'd found a nice little nook to slip into to sleep. Except Magnolia who slept on the ridge above the others. Somehow or another Hyacinth had found himself with Gardenia and Allium sleeping alongside him while Lupin lay next to Zinnia.

They'd awoken to the sound of cart wheels approaching. Without realising it the group had camped near to a merchant road, perhaps that was a trader incoming? Yawning and stretching they each took in turn to shake themselves awake. The cart was still a little ways off yet so they had time to have a quick breakfast and run the dust from their eyes before hailing the passer-by.

Clambering up the rise to flat ground and helping Iris do the same they all looked between each other to determine who would negotiate. Maggie was quick to jump in but Zinnia was just as fast to cut her off. True the Ridgeback probably had the best social skill out of the lot of them but she was just far too... bouncy. And would probably hug them to death before anyone got to say hello. So it was the Bogsneak who elected to be the speaker much to Maggie's chagrin. Hyacinth could more than hear the resignation in his alchemist friend's voice to know she didn't really want to.

As the traveller got closer it became apparent that it was a Coatl with striped grey-brown fur and wavy purple wings. They were pulling a line of carts and wagons, the strain on their face apparent as they heaved the weight attached by a simple rope harness. Their round face brightened when they spotted the group, raising an arm to wave and finding the strength to pick up speed to join them.

“Greetings!” The evidently female, or at least feminine, dragon called once she was close enough to be heard. “It's good to see others walking around for a change. Too many went into hiding when the Crescendo stopped.” She said as she came to a stop alongside the gathered group. “Name's Tibby. Travelling merchant. Headed to Saltwind Heights, a fishin' village at the top of the cliffs. Good to meet'cha!” She shot out a hand towards the Bogsneak.

“It is indeed nice to see other dragons about.” Zinnia replied, voice lightly strained as she forced herself to appear friendly. “And walking over flying isn't so bad. You get to see the world from another angle.” The grin she attempted to flash as she accepted the handshake with much more muted enthusiasm was an awkward one.

It was hard to tell if the Coatl had noticed how fake her pleasant demeanour was or not as she undid her harness and set about opening the side of the wagon and lifting the tarpaulin off the carts to reveal her wares. “Too true.” She agreed, seemingly half-listening. “Now, since we've happened upon one another I don't suppose there's anything here that would be of use to you?” She waved her arms to either side of her train to indicate her intentions.

“Given how hard my very large companion is salivating over there,” Zin started, jabbing a thumb towards a very eager Magnolia who was eyeing the cart full of fish, “I'd like to know how fresh that seafood is. We ran out a while ago and her appetite is voracious to say the least.” Maggie shot the Bogsneak a hurt look, which was ignored.

“Oh very fresh! Caught them overnight for sale today!” Tibby rushed over to pick one of the fish up to show the ice underneath, winking with a pale blue eye not dissimilar to the Ridgeback's.

“Using your element to keep food fresh during travel.” Hyacinth murmured to himself, running a hand over his chin. “Clever.”

“Indeed, indeed!” The overeager Coatl clapped her striped hands together. “Could I possibly interest yo-”

“We'll take the lot.” Zinnia butt in simply, already holding a coin pouch she'd hidden in the bottom of one of her satchels.

That made Tibby stop in surprise for a moment before her snakelike face split into a wide grin. “I... well okay then! That's actually great. The last lot had to be tossed because I couldn't find anyone who wanted it and the smell got bad... have you ever been mobbed by gulls? Cos you don't want to be mobbed by gulls, trust me.”

“Zin, are you sure?” Hyacinth asked, moving up to count up all the fish on display. “That could be worth a lot of treasure and we can-”

“I have enough.”

“Well then...” The Skydancer adjusted his specs in that way he did when he wasn't entirely certain. Then a thought hit him. “In that case, would it be rude to ask if we can take the cart as well?” All eyes landed on him - some confused, others unreadable. He gestured at Iris, who slunk back at being made the centre of attention. “We have a disabled friend who cannot walk. Having a cart or something alike that can be modified for a temporary solution for her would-”

“Ci~in, no!” The Mirror hissed in embarrassment, using her wings to balance as she waved her hands at him. “Don't bother, I'll be fine!”

He shook his head at her. “If I can secure this then I insist.” His steady gaze returned to the stunned Coatl as Iris slumped to the ground with her hands over her eyes. “Do we have a deal? The cart and its contents?” A coin pouch of his own was retrieved from his belongings.

“Uhh... I don't... see why you'd want that...?” The Ice Coatl began slowly, trying to register what was going on. “It will stink of fish, and I warned you about gulls...” Then she shook her head and grinned widely at the opportunity for further, if odd, sale. “Although~” She beckoned them around to smaller wagon that she'd used to dump the tarp in. “I don't really have a use for this one beyond additional storage that I don't always get because I tend to be as organised as possible” She took in a breath, not intending the run-on sentence. “It's a little rough but with some sanding down it'll be useful! Plus it's lower and easier to adjust!”

A groan could be heard behind them when Hyacinth asked, “How much?”

After some time bartering the price of the fish and the wagon along with a few other assorted supplies, including a few books Lupin had pointed out for Hyacinth and Maggie selecting some cloth and silk to make clothes for the hatchlings with, the group helped Tibby get the tarpaulin back over her remaining wares and waved her off as she went on her way.

“That was eventful.” Zinnia said, exhaling hard as if she'd been made to wear something very tight while holding her breath. “Are you seriously going to use that cart?” She glared at Hyacinth who was already inspecting it.

He glanced up, a serious expression resting on his features. “Yes, I plan to. It's not the best but until I can do some research that would better aid Iris it will do. Unless,” he tilted his head so that he was looking up at the Bogsneak over the rim of his specs, “you have a better idea?”

Zinnia huffed. “She seems perfectly happy riding on Magnolia.”

To which the Skydancer switched his gaze to the Mirror in question. “Uh well, it would be nice to move around for myself for a change.” Iris replied rather sheepishly, tapping her thumbs together. It was remarkable how shy she'd turned out to be given her earlier insistences and how she'd described her pack and the fight that resulted in her injury.

“Then I shall endeavour to make this as comfortable for you as possible.” Hyacinth stated kindly to the Plague dragon. “It may be strange and demeaning at first but as you yourself said it will give you the ability to move around without aid.”

“Unless a wheel gets stuck in the mud somewhere.” Zinnia remarked, not looking up. She was busying herself sorting through her own purchases as a fire sputtered to life nearby to smoke what fish Maggie hadn't already taken.

The Ridgeback herself was sitting a little away, inspecting the material she'd asked for and planning shapes and patterns with them. Gardenia and Allium were with her, bits of cloth and silk draped over where Maggie was sizing them. Then suddenly all of it was on the ground and the Ice dragon was at her full height, stood on her hind legs and using her tail for support. “What in the- Hey guys, look at this!”

Hyacinth abandoned the wagon and pulled Iris's arm into his own to help her join the massive white dragon, Lupin bounding after them having put a blade of grass in the crease of the book he was reading. Or at least looking at. He hadn't been taught how to read yet but liked following the curves and lines of the calligraphy. Zinnia snorted, uninterested, and continued with her work.

“Look. See that?” Maggie asked, pointing a clawed finger at a large, shambling shape across the way. Everyone present turned to pick it out... and Iris ended up dropping to the floor as Hyacinth momentarily lost all sense.

That was the thing he thought he saw the other night.

And it was running right for them.

“Oh Lightweaver above...”

“You know that thing?” Lupin asked, looking between the Skydancer and the shambling creature quickly making its way towards them.

Hyacinth couldn't speak. No, he didn't know what it was. Yet at the same time he did. And it didn't make sense.

“Isn't that a Guardian?” Magnolia answered instead. “Wow they look like they're in a rush. Think they want to know where the merchant lady went?” She dropped to all fours, beaming at the others. “Should we meet them and say hi?”

The way it moved, the sounds it made. It was a Guardian, yes... but it wasn't alive.

“Run.” Hyacinth said thickly, his limbs refusing to move despite the order he gave. “Run!”

He heard them shifting uncertainly around him, asking him questions he could no longer hear. One of the books he'd read a long time ago described the phenomenon he had once passed off as drunken ramblings and old wives' tales.

It was said that when a dragon was so closely connected to their element were to die then that elemental magic would weave through the body of that dragon, reanimating it as some kind of zombie-like monstrosity. While it could happen to anyone acutely attuned to magic it was possible for those of weaker magical prowess to also rise should they fall suddenly, such as from a powerful poison or a critical strike to a vital organ.

This one had been following them for some time. Could it be that one of the children, their egg, was this Guardian's Charge only for them to have been killed in their watch?

The others were yelling now. Zinnia had joined them. None of their words made it through to him. Concern, anger, fear. They were arguing. He continued to stare.

It didn't feel real. It was a fairy tale. A comment from a drunkard that some decided to use in literature. The kind of thing used to scare naughty children into behaving, like the Shade.

“Hyacinth, move!”

And now it bore down upon him, not recognising him as a fellow dragon. Her pink eyes glowed with a sickly, otherworldly light as her powerful Arcane magic sent her soulless body on a berserk rampage to reclaim what was once hers, a torn cape of sorts hanging loose from her emaciated form. Bones showed through ripped flesh and scale, held together by sinews and the remnants of magic that once coursed through her.

And he still could not move, even as the great, blackened and bony paw rose to strike him.

He heard a shout of alarm, a scream. Then there was pain. Then... nothing.

Next Chapter
Inventory/Notes: Breed/Scatter/G1 purchase x1. Hyacinth Badly Injured for 4 days.

I would like to point you guys towards Kaial's Nuzlockes The Arcane Exile for the inspiration for Iris' disability and solution, and In Shadow of the Gods for the idea of these magic zombies. It's only mentioned once so far but I'd like to find some way to follow on from it. As such all credit for the ideas goes to them. As a bonus In Shadow is still active and they even updated recently! I hope you enjoy their writing as much as I do.
Last edited by Varethyn on Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Day 21
HOORAY I get a break!

Continuing the trend of character portraits, here's Gardenia!

Inventory/Notes: Breed/Scatter/G1 purchase x1. Hyacinth Badly Injured for 3 days.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I love the artwork!! Yay :D and glad you got a break so you dont burn out. I love the story so far :D

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I'm loving the story thus far, but dang that's a lot of writing!

Gardenia is very cute, I like her picture ~