Closed Beta Has Begun - NDA Lifted

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Closed Beta Has Begun - NDA Lifted

Unread post by Arwyn »

Blizzard Entertainment Begins Closed Beta Test
for World of Warcraft®: Cataclysm™
IRVINE, Calif. – June 30, 2010 – Blizzard Entertainment announced today that the closed beta test for Cataclysm™, its highly anticipated new expansion for World of Warcraft®, has begun. The company has started issuing invitations to participate in the testing process to a wide range of players from around the world who signed up via their Battle.net® accounts. While enjoying an early look at the game, beta testers will provide valuable feedback to help Blizzard Entertainment find bugs, address balance issues, and polish the new content.

"Our focus with Cataclysm has been to build on the knowledge we've gained through the previous expansions to deliver the best, most compelling World of Warcraft content for our players to date," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "Gathering focused feedback during the beta test will go a long way in helping us reach that goal when we launch Cataclysm later this year."

Cataclysm is the third expansion for World of Warcraft, the most popular subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game in the world. The first two expansions, The Burning Crusade® and Wrath of the Lich King®, each shattered PC game sales records upon their release. In Cataclysm, the face of Azeroth will be forever altered by the return of the corrupted Dragon Aspect Deathwing. Players will explore once-familiar areas of the world that have now been reshaped by the devastation and filled with new adventures. In an effort to survive the planet-shattering cataclysm, two new playable races -- worgen and goblins -- will join the struggle between the Alliance and the Horde. As players journey to the new level cap of 85, they'll discover newly revealed locations, acquire new levels of power, and come face to face with Deathwing in a battle to determine the fate of the world.

For more information on World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, please visit the official website at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm. To set up a Battle.net account and sign up for a chance to participate in the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm beta test, please visit the official Battle.net website at http://www.battle.net.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/pr ... tml?100630
I shall now flip to my inbox every 5 minutes waiting for an invite.
Last edited by Arwyn on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saturo

Re: Closed Beta Has Begun

Unread post by Saturo »

Yay! I hope I get an invite soon! :P

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I want an invite!
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Oh my .... I've been anticipating this for so long, and now I feel like I am so unready. Well, specifically like Petopia is so unready. ;)

Here's hoping we start getting some good pet info soon!
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Unfortunatly despite the great news you know they'll be a spike in people getting scammed. Remember, Blizz will not whisper you in-game that you got an invite and if you don't have a separate e-mail account used only for your WOW/Battlenet account open up the e-mail header to see who exactly sent you the invite.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hmm, be sure to check your battle.net account too as it seems the Beta might appear there and not in your email.
It will appear as one of your games there. It will be the Cataclysm box art with a small grey strip saying Beta under it.

There is no key that you'll get in your mail or anything. If you won the contests or got it through opt-ins, it will automatically appear as a game license on your account with all the other games you have access to.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Yay! I totally missed this post earlier. Whoops,but I hope this means we start learning about new pets! Oh please let the monkeys have a move that lets them fling....well you know. It'd be hilarious.
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Bulletdance wrote:Yay! I totally missed this post earlier. Whoops,but I hope this means we start learning about new pets! Oh please let the monkeys have a move that lets them fling....well you know. It'd be hilarious.

Monkey flings....FRUIT! at enemy. Enemy stunned for 15 seconds and covered with horrible stench.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Closed Beta Has Begun - NDA Lifted

Unread post by Mania »

I've updated the title of this thread to clarify that the NDA has been lifted, as posted on the alpha/beta forum itself: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... id=2000#12
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I shall be watching my Battle.net account closely then. XD Maybe by some sheer luck I'll have gotten in this one.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

It's about time!
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Vephriel wrote:Hmm, be sure to check your battle.net account too as it seems the Beta might appear there and not in your email.
It will appear as one of your games there. It will be the Cataclysm box art with a small grey strip saying Beta under it.

There is no key that you'll get in your mail or anything. If you won the contests or got it through opt-ins, it will automatically appear as a game license on your account with all the other games you have access to.
I did already and I didn't get picked. :(
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Neither my boyfriend or I have one either yet. Maybe with the next wave of invites. *crosses fingers*
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Yay for three accounts. Three times the chance of getting invited. But if it's only for active accounts, I just have one chance at this. :(

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Last edited by Teigan on Wed May 23, 2012 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Mania wrote:I've updated the title of this thread to clarify that the NDA has been lifted, as posted on the alpha/beta forum itself: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... id=2000#12

Whoo Hoo! No more NDA!

So besides keeping a watch on the Battlenet account, will also need to keep a watch on whats going on at MMO.Champion to see what they share. And possible YouTube.
Vespias
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Vespias »

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Mania wrote:Oh my .... I've been anticipating this for so long, and now I feel like I am so unready. Well, specifically like Petopia is so unready. ;)
YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!

? :D

<3

:hug:

Just kidding. ;) Petopia looks good, Mania. :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Vespias
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Vespias »

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

*makes mental note to check Battlenet when she's not on her crummy laptop. *

I swear...If I get in...I likely won't (Didn't get picked for LK) but if I did...Holy crud that'd be the best thing ever. >.<

*also crosses fingers. *