The 2 main pet that you choose

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

The 2 main pet that you choose

Unread post by Loridon »

I'm still not sure I'm gonne play classic and not playing retail for months now.

But i was think 'which pets would I take for classic?'

-Ressan the Needler (bat). I tamed him back in vanilla. He was my main until wotlk. At this date I still have him,never abandon him. So I want him for nostalgic reason!
Screech is a very good ability to keep aggro on multiple mobs btw. Nice skill for leveling,farming.

-Rak'Shiri (cat): cats are a very good choice in classic. I like the saber cat model. Since cata my main pet (in retail) is Magria (spirit beast). They have the same model so yeah...
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: The 2 main pet that you choose

Unread post by Ana »

ZG bat and a tank pet.. i say the bfd turtle?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

VelindraJay
Realm: Saurfang, Farstriders

Unread post by VelindraJay »

This is a tough choice for me; especially since I am a tragic, nostalgia-driven hunter player who has very deep ties with all the pets I've ended up running with over the years.

Also because I am masochistic AF, my hunter will be making the crazy long run to Mulgore for his little barking Prairie Wolf; second pet slot is undecided (I am debating a bat, solely for screech, or a scorpid for dabbling in PvP-related shenanigans), and the final slot will be rounded out by Rak'Shiri (who originally led me on the hell of an adventure to tame her way back 15 years ago...and yeah, I want to relive those crazy days <3).
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Probably a wind serpent and a bear. Wind serpent was the first pet I tamed and kept when I started playing after I stumbled upon the Wailing Caverns way back when. They do pretty decent damage and are cool mechanically and visually. And I just love bears. Bears will also eat basically anything and are tanky enough, so it'll be good to swap into while leveling if I'm having a hard time feeding the wind serpent.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Joonces
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Joonces »

This is the biggest problem for me....trying to NOT bond with a pet you level with because the one you really want you can't tame till you're level 50 or so. So I'm actually thinking of taming a pet I don't like so it will be easier to let it go (I'm sure this will backfire on me).
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

I'm gonna be going RP server, on orc... Frostwolf style. Whether I stay to level it fully is yet to be seen but like VelindraJay, I made a long pet run way back, and will do so again--for Timber, if it's there in classic. (Or Lupos... Hmmm!)
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I'm debating whether or not to do the death-runs to Teldrassil to tame an owl as Horde. If I do, I'll want to keep it forever, since it was a pretty uncommon pet for Horde hunters back in the day.
Shirubia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Quel'thalas

Unread post by Shirubia »

Really having a hard time deciding! Most people tell me to take Broken Tooth since its the “best pet”... But I would rather grab Humar the Pridelord and a Deviate Dreadfang and keep the last slot open for when ZG comes so I can tame a Son of Hakkar (for Lighting breath 6) and a Frenzied Bloodseeker.

Won’t lie: I DO LOVE the Winterspring cats, but this time Im rolling a Tauren hunter so Humar matches better (and on my first hunter I got Dishu, so won’t retame her on another hunter).
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Definitely The Rake. Idk what the other will be, probably a wolf later on. But I like fast AS pets, so the Rake is my best option until Broken Tooth. But I really like the Lions too.

Probably Rak'shiri later on, I loved my blue cat.

Limmeridge
Realm: Bloodsail Buccaneers

Unread post by Limmeridge »

I don't know about my second, but the other night my nelf hunter traveled to Mulgore to tame Mazzranache, whom I'm going to keep with me all of my days.
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Unread post by Serenith »

I haven’t played retail in a long while now. But seeing classic finally up and running made me re-sub to get a chance to experience it. I started playing in WotLK and always wished to play vanilla. Nows my chance! Course I have a full-time job now and I’m also part-time in school again pursuing a bachelors, so I am unsure how much I will get to accomplish. Either way, I’m naturally drawn to RP servers and playing characters as if I were to RP them. I just made a nelf hunter and plan to eventually get her a saber cat (Rak’shiri of course, my old Draenei hunter tamed her nearly 10 years ago and I always loved that cat) and an owl (likely Olm the Wise). I know the way pets work is much different than it used to be, so it might be a while till she has the pets I really want her to have. Anyways, I’m enjoying the game so far and appreciating all the differences. I forgot how the game used to look before Cata too so it’s really nostalgic as well :lol:

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

VelindraJay

Ended up taming the Rake at level 11; did the Mulgore Death Run at level 10 and managed to cheat death until the very end where mob RNG had it in for me (windserpents and thunderlizards, omglol)

Second slot has been a coin toss between Araga and Broken Tooth - depends who shows up first, aha. Araga so far dislikes me just as much as she did 15 years ago (took me 'til Wrath to find her originally, betcha that'll happen again XD)

Final slot will be Rak'Shiri...because I still have a death wish reservation with Frostsaber Rock's Pridewatcher population LOL
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I always loved leveling with boars back in Vanilla, so I went after my favourite armored one again. :')

My classic character is an orc named Matcha (spur of the moment inspiration, was thinking of the colour green), but I actually really love it and have been naming all her pets after tea.

I also decided I have to have Humar again, as he's always been a memorable tame for me. It was a long camp but I eventually got him! And that's pretty much it for her pets since I'll be keeping the third slot open for ability tames. :lol:
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_090319_134554.png
WoWScrnShot_090319_134554.png (628.12 KiB) Viewed 42405 times
WoWScrnShot_090519_201112.png
WoWScrnShot_090519_201112.png (630.15 KiB) Viewed 42405 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Love her name and her pets <3

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

listopencil

Unread post by listopencil »

Right now at level 12-ish I'm keeping a cat and a bear because they share bite/claw.
LazyeyeBob
Realm: Thrall-H 120 Hunter/Nessingwary-A 120 Hunter

Unread post by LazyeyeBob »

I am currently 32 on my Dorf Hunter and currently have a Ghost Saber and one open slot. I plan on trading the Ghost Saber for Broken Tooth for the attack speed and I am torn between Uhk'loc or a Bear.
VelindraJay

='D
They actually gave Araga her tailstripes in Classic! She's the Liger rare again!
An absolutely awesome surprise and I hope this time around she gets to keep them for good <3
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Uhh pretty! ! Need more classic screenshots so I can stalk you guys :)

listopencil

Unread post by listopencil »

LazyeyeBob wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:52 am I am currently 32 on my Dorf Hunter and currently have a Ghost Saber and one open slot. I plan on trading the Ghost Saber for Broken Tooth for the attack speed and I am torn between Uhk'loc or a Bear.
Something to think about: Bears and Cats both use Bite and Claw. Having two focus dumps makes a difference in dps and you'll be benefiting both pets when you learn the ranks.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Bears are also easier to feed than gorillas. Back in the day, I only kept pets that ate fish :)