Best classes for PVE and PVP

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Best classes for PVE and PVP

Unread post by Castile »

If end game or just being effective in dungeons is something you care about I found this site:

https://rankedboost.com/world-of-warcra ... tier-list/

I don't know how accurate it is but as someone who mained a Prot Warrior in vanilla I'd say it would be up there for PVE. I was going to roll a priest before finding this so it kinda helped solidify that choice. Ofcourse you can totally ignore it and just play w/e you want but remember Vanilla wasn't as versatile or balanced as modern wow is :lol: food for thought!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

morbidmike

Re: Best classes for PVE and PVP

Unread post by morbidmike »

It's not super accurate I would say. Fury Warriors are definitely the number 1 DPS overall so that would make them S tier in my opinion. Also weird how Combat Rogues have a lower PvE rating than Subtlety because Combat is the 3rd highest DPS spec in the game (after Fury Warr and Fire Mage). It also shows Enhancement Shaman as B tier for some reason, Enhancement is garbage in Classic because Resto Shamans bring the same totems but heal instead of wasting a DPS slot that could be used for a Warrior, Rogue or Mage. One thing that is pretty accurate though is that Hunters aren't that good in Classic :( as a Hunter you really need to go above and beyond and you will still do less DPS than Rogues and Warriors. Oh well :P
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/94 ... illa/page5 this seemed to be pretty helpful. Enh shammy seemed to be hugely high, along with fury warr & poss rogue, along with mage. For PvP it looks like rogues, warrs, locks, mages (when cds are up), spriests.

Consensus seems to be that paladins were awful except for bringing buffs, and that druids were all but useless in PvP. Hunters apparently went down the toilet around AQ gear level, doing something like 75% of expected dps (uhoh).
CipherF15
Realm: Дракономор

Unread post by CipherF15 »

Thanks for the link! The meta has radically changed since the last time I played, so I don't really recognise what's good and what isn't... I'm doing relatively well with my characters, but that's because I'm used to them, and I know their strengths and weaknesses, even if this has slightly changed as well.