Beast Training Help

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Giroth

Beast Training Help

Unread post by Giroth »

I am a level 15 Hunter trying to train my level 12 bear Rank 1 Bite. I have stabled my bear and trained a level 8 Mangy Wolf with Rank 1 Bite. I battled over an hour with the wolf and there has been no message of learning Rank 1 bite. I did as per Petopias instructions and it is not working. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Beast Training Help

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hi there! It sounds like you're going about it the correct way, however I do not see Mangy Wolf on the list of pets that can teach you a Bite rank, are you certain you tamed the right creature?

https://www.wow-petopia.com/classic/abilities.php#bite

If you visit the Bite section in pet abilities, it will list the specific beasts that will know Bite rank 2, which are the following:

Webwood Silkspinner (Spider, 8-9, Teldrassil)
Starving Winter Wolf (Wolf, 8-9, Dun Morogh)
Vicious Night Web Spider (Spider, 9-10, Tirisfal Glades)
Prairie Wolf Alpha (Wolf, 9-10, Mulgore)
Prowler (Wolf, 9-10, Elwynn Forest)
Coyote (Wolf, 10-11, Westfall)
Forest Lurker (Spider, 10-11, Loch Modan)
Timber (Wolf, 10, Dun Morogh)
Giant Webwood Spider (Spider, 10-11, Teldrassil)
Worg (Wolf, 10-11, Silverpine Forest)
Coyote Packleader (Wolf, 11-12, Westfall)
Lady Sathrah (Spider, 12, Teldrassil)
Loch Crocolisk (Crocolisk, 14-15, Loch Modan)
Oasis Snapjaw (Turtle, 15-16, The Barrens)
Tarantula (Spider, 15-16, Redridge Mountains)

If you grab one of those and then fight alongside it for a bit it should hopefully give you the abilitiy!
Rookwood
Realm: Deviate Delight

Unread post by Rookwood »

There's several things wrong here. Mangy wolves are not level 8, they only spawn as 5-6, also they know no abilities.

When you tame a beast, he will immediately have any abilities you can learn on his bar. It is the use of these abilities that teaches you the skill. So in the future, to save yourself the heartache, make sure that the pet has and is actively using the ability you are trying to learn by checking his bar as soon as you tame.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I don't know if this is actually true, but it also seemed to help if you got right next to the pet during combat.