Learning Bite rank 5 and Claw rank 5

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
bentus

Learning Bite rank 5 and Claw rank 5

Unread post by bentus »

Hey i was trying to learn today claw and bite both on rank 5 and i didn't learned them as i tamed the pets that should have it.

I got the spiders from dustwallow marshes for bite rank 5 and i stil didnt learned it.
and i don't know if the Drywallow snapper in dustwallow marshes actually stil has it.
it would be nice to get a quick answer on what i may be doin wrong or overseeing here
Rykochet
Realm: Quel'Dorei

Re: Learning Bite rank 5 and Claw rank 5

Unread post by Rykochet »

Did you gain loyalty with the pet? Or did you take and hope you would get it off the bat?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

You have to tame the wild creature in question and then fight alongside it for a bit - sometimes you learn the ability instantly, other times it takes a while, it's sort of random.

You'll know when you've learned it because it will show up in your text box as a yellow alert saying 'You have learned <ability>.

Some people say it helps if you toggle off any other abilities the pet might know so it can use the one you're after and maybe teach it faster.
listopencil

Unread post by listopencil »

Vephriel wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:31 pm You have to tame the wild creature in question and then fight alongside it for a bit - sometimes you learn the ability instantly, other times it takes a while, it's sort of random.

You'll know when you've learned it because it will show up in your text box as a yellow alert saying 'You have learned <ability>.

Some people say it helps if you toggle off any other abilities the pet might know so it can use the one you're after and maybe teach it faster.

This is what I do. I put the ability that I want to learn on autocast and turn everything else off. I also overfeed the pet I'm trying to learn from to get and keep it's happiness up