8.3 PTR General Content

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Re: 8.3 PTR General Content

Unread post by Bambu »

Theory: The Mechanowolf is blue because Alliance and Cobra is red because Horde.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

You could be right with the colour theory. I mean, it’s still just luck that there was a red and a blue unused skin in an appropriate family, but maybe that’s what guided their choices.

Btw, I assume Mechagnomes will be able to tame mechanicals without training it, but I haven’t confirmed that yet.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Of course the Horde get fox people and Alliance get another gnome! I was still holding out for Sethrak...
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

At least the Alliance got a good race. Poor Horde got creepy little furry goblins that exist purely on memes and one director's weird interests. Boomer Mechagnomes get awesome racials, a crazy cool mount, and decent heritage armor, not to mention the extremely lewd sexual innuendos they have with their flirts. On the other hand, Vulpera have only one good racial, the rare drop hyena mount with an ugly canopy, boring heritage armor that looks like quest gear (real shame, could've been neat desert gear instead), and they do that stupid dance from WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY. You can tell they put way more effort into making Mechagnomes fun while they just threw Vulpera together to appease a tiny group. The only flaw with Mechagnomes is that they're not actual Mechagnomes, but manlet and womanlet cyborgs.

Also, I can't get enough of that Mirror Image racial. It's so ridiculously useful on a Hunter or Warrior.
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:44 pm At least the Alliance got a good race. Poor Horde got creepy little furry goblins that exist purely on memes and one director's weird interests. Boomer Mechagnomes get awesome racials, a crazy cool mount, and decent heritage armor, not to mention the extremely lewd sexual innuendos they have with their flirts. On the other hand, Vulpera have only one good racial, the rare drop hyena mount with an ugly canopy, boring heritage armor that looks like quest gear (real shame, could've been neat desert gear instead), and they do that stupid dance from WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY. You can tell they put way more effort into making Mechagnomes fun while they just threw Vulpera together to appease a tiny group. The only flaw with Mechagnomes is that they're not actual Mechagnomes, but manlet and womanlet cyborgs.

Also, I can't get enough of that Mirror Image racial. It's so ridiculously useful on a Hunter or Warrior.
Just cause you don't like the vulpera doesn't mean many others, myself included, aren't super hyped for them. I don't care for the mechagnomes but you don't see me going on a rude tirade about how "bad" they are, cause they're not they just aren't my cup of tea.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I like Vulperas too

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:44 pm At least the Alliance got a good race. Poor Horde got creepy little furry goblins that exist purely on memes and one director's weird interests. Boomer Mechagnomes get awesome racials, a crazy cool mount, and decent heritage armor, not to mention the extremely lewd sexual innuendos they have with their flirts. On the other hand, Vulpera have only one good racial, the rare drop hyena mount with an ugly canopy, boring heritage armor that looks like quest gear (real shame, could've been neat desert gear instead), and they do that stupid dance from WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY. You can tell they put way more effort into making Mechagnomes fun while they just threw Vulpera together to appease a tiny group. The only flaw with Mechagnomes is that they're not actual Mechagnomes, but manlet and womanlet cyborgs.

Dang. That's really not very nice :(
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

It's funny because there's more of a consensus that Vulpera are a better race than Mechagnomes other than if we're talking racials (which might be nerfed before they hit live, mind you)
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295582/pat ... a-li-sandy
Three new mounts; a white-brown Cloud Serpent (for those of us that didn't pvp our butts off in the past), blue version of Ji-Kun to match the tameable blue version, and another recolor of the amazing nightsaber remodel. Not so keen on the nightsaber's color, but oh man I want that cloud serpent.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Please for the love of God, Blizzard, take this opportunity to add in a Qiraji Battle Tank mount or an Aqir creature based on that model/structure.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I wish they'd stop using that new Nightsaber model.
Or at least NOT use it when they update the old NE mounts.
It's face is wrong and it really bugs me LOL

Siggy under construction!

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Bowno wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:39 pm I wish they'd stop using that new Nightsaber model.
Or at least NOT use it when they update the old NE mounts.
It's face is wrong and it really bugs me LOL
Yeahhh I still see rat. :/

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Four DK swords were datamined today. They are the same item level as the ones DKs receive in the starting area. Three of the swords represent current DK specs, with the fourth representing fire. This, along with the allied race and Pandaren DK skins datamined last week, potentially suggests that we'll be returning to Northrend in the next xpac and that we may be getting a fourth spec.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I always liked northrend so I am looking forward to the next xpac. .Any leaks to when we get it?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Assuming it is hints towards an expac and not just a feature of 8.3, then we probably won’t see the xpac till Summer of next year. 8.3 will probably release late November, early December.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Two cutscenes datamined and uploaded. If it isn't obvious, these are unfinished SPOILERS.
https://www.wowhead.com/news=295770/nya ... e-spoilers
https://www.wowhead.com/news=295771/wra ... e-spoilers

The first one is painfully generic. Thankfully it's just a very early look, and hopefully that isn't how it actually ends. It feels really cheap, and lacks impact. Wrathion one isn't much to look at, but it's his first canon appearance in his dragon form so far, excluding all the times we saw him as a whelp of course. Shame we have to kill him (or just beat the stupid out of him like we do for Kalecgos in the Sunwell).

EDIT: Oh wait, that's totally the ending of Dragon Soul, but with you instead of Thrall. I want to say it's a calback or homage, but it's too generic. N'zoth deserved better.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I’ll post regarding Wrathion in the Story Thread.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So far I'm a little confused as to the design behind the Corrupted gear system. There seem to be a lot of very average benefits, at the cost of a range of annoying corruption effects. And I find that one of them - an effect that impedes your movement speed - can be psychologically more infuriating than any that cause you direct harm. I know it'd drive me crazy, and there's no bonus the item could offer that would convince me to put up with it. I know the system is just an experiment, but so far I can't see what the designers expect to learn from it or why they opted for this experiment over any other idea. This transition from Titanforging to Corrupted reminds me a bit of the mission board system evolution in BfA - players were tired of mission boards, but rather than replace them with something different, some designer thought "what the game needs is to make them more convoluted!".

:?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

RP-wise I am totally Team Old God, but I just don't see myself equipping any gear that will give me corruption debuffs. So the new mechanic will be juggling our corruption levels?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Wain wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:36 am So far I'm a little confused as to the design behind the Corrupted gear system. There seem to be a lot of very average benefits, at the cost of a range of annoying corruption effects. And I find that one of them - an effect that impedes your movement speed - can be psychologically more infuriating than any that cause you direct harm. I know it'd drive me crazy, and there's no bonus the item could offer that would convince me to put up with it. I know the system is just an experiment, but so far I can't see what the designers expect to learn from it or why they opted for this experiment over any other idea. This transition from Titanforging to Corrupted reminds me a bit of the mission board system evolution in BfA - players were tired of mission boards, but rather than replace them with something different, some designer thought "what the game needs is to make them more convoluted!".

:?
this.. i dont get the new system at all..