Hunter Macro/Pet Ability Management

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Grabes

Hunter Macro/Pet Ability Management

Unread post by Grabes »

I can not find it anywhere, on how to macro a pet's ability to activate. i'd especially like it to be on a timer if that is even possible on classic. The reason being that it doesn't seem that abilities have a 'order of importance'. Screech is on a four second timer of effectivness, but it is instant cast. The pet just spends all of it's TP on screech, and won't save for growl or bite. That is very very annoying.It feels really bad to have what feels like a 'gimped' pet because screech just drains all of his power when it doesn't need to be used. I don't remeber this happening back in the day. So anyone got any ideas that can help? I don't feel like manually clicking screech all the time.
listopencil

Re: Hunter Macro/Pet Ability Management

Unread post by listopencil »

Easy peasy. Right click on Screech to take it off of autocast. To make a macro for a pet ability just use /cast followed by the exact name of the ability. I also like to make the macro button look like the normal ability button. To do this choose "?" As the icon and put #showtooltip as the first line of your macro. It should look something like this:

#showtooltip
/cast Screech

With ? as the icon.
listopencil

Re: Hunter Macro/Pet Ability Management

Unread post by listopencil »

Something I was struggling with last night; I can't seem to write a good one button pet pull macro. I want a button that casts petattack on the first click and petfollow on the second click, and I'd like to be able to alternate between the two.