Shadowlands Story

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Shadowlands Story

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Story points will be posted here
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Re: Shadowlands Story

Uther will be met in Bastion.

Maldraxxus is not an inherently evil place. Draka will be met here. This zone is where the power of Necromancy is drawn.

Ardenweald is ruled by the Night Fae. It is the Emerald Dream’s dark mirror. It is a place of rest and rebirth. Cenarius ended up here briefly. The Drust are strongly connected to this realm.

Revendreth is ruled by the Venthyr. Flawed and prideful souls atoning for sins. Kael’thas will be met here.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Maw is the prison for the worst of souls.

A mystery even to Shadowlands natives.

Domain of the Jailer.

No one has ever escaped. One way trip.

All souls recently killed are pouring directly into the Maw.

The Shadowlands are withering as the Maw grows.

Sylvanas has been causing events that results in the greatest amount of death possible.

Sylvanas is being empowered by the Jailer.

The Scourge will be marauding across Azeroth since nothing is controlling them. This will be the pre-launch event.

We are going to push for Icecrown.

Bolvar did not die. He will lead us against the Scourge.

We will end up in the Maw when we first cross into the Shadowlands.

Azeroth will help us escape. Not all of the heroes that go with us will be able to escape
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Uuna will be making a return. We'll get to see what she thinks of the Shadowlands.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Did you manage to catch the time at which things started to go wrong with the Maw and Jailer? It was only in the past decade or two, wasn't it?

I'm wondering which big, powerful evil beings died around that time. Like, say, part of Ner'zhul that didn't go into the Lich King was fused to the jailer and corrupted him or something.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Just recently with Sylvanas. The Jailer has always been an evil entity, but didn’t have someone on Azeroth to carry out the work necessary to break the barrier. Over the past couple of years, probably since around the time of Vol’jin’s death, Sylvanas has been orchestrating events that cause mass amounts of casualties to feed all of the souls to the Jailer. Everyone that has been killed recently, good or bad, has gone straight to the Jailer.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So, they Steve Danuser confirmed that the jailer is 'not someone we know', but an integral part of the universe's lore. So it's unlikely this event has occurred because some baddy replaced the original jailer.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Someone speculated that Varian is with the jailer too as Andiun remarks in the questline after he dies that the light would not show him that his soul was at peace...which makes sense if he's gone into the maw.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

He also confirmed that the Old Gods may not be entirely gone. Though their physical forms are gone, many beings are sent to another realm after being killed on Azeroth. They will start exploring this concept with Shadowlands.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Castile wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:59 am Someone speculated that Varian is with the jailer too as Andiun remarks in the questline after he dies that the light would not show him that his soul was at peace...which makes sense if he's gone into the maw.
I'm not sure if he is with the Light or not. The Shadowlands lore suggests that he may or may not be (depends on when the Jailer started taking souls), but Anduin did receive a vision of Varian from, presumably, the Light.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Quote regarding Tyrande:

“We’re gonna learn more about Tyrande’s story. Obviously, she is still very upset about what happened to her people. That’s going to lead her to Ardenweald. She’s gonna get some answers to some questions, and there’s gonna be some stuff coming with her that’s too spoiler-y to talk about but there’s more Tyrande…. All I can say is she has a pretty big story moment in Ardenweald. Very big role also.”
Huntmaster Arwyn
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Huntmaster Arwyn »

Wait a minute...I just realized...does this mean that all those Night Elves that were killed in Teldrassil ended up in the Maw?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yeah, they all did. It was either in the Q and A or some other interview where it was said that all of them went to the Maw.
Huntmaster Arwyn
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Huntmaster Arwyn »

Wow...just when I thought Sylvanas couldn't get more evil...
How will Tyrande react when she finds out?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

We don’t know yet. Tyrande will be heavily involved in Ardenweald and we will learn more about Elune, though.
Vanth
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Vanth »

Aaaaaaaa I am so hyped! My DK will hopefully get some closure, my rogue will get to find his daughter, and my hunter and priest will get to meet their dad!

I forget, do we know how long ago Sylvanas struck her pact? Was it right before BFA?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Since she killed herself at ICC just after Arthas was defeated.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Blizzard Watch announced today that there would be a prequel novel for Shadowlands called "Shadows Rising". Along with their reveal came a few plot points.

-Anduin sends Alleria and Turalyon to find Sylvanas

-Sylvanas orders Sira Moonwarden and Nathanos Blightcaller to kill Bwonsamdi, the loa of death

-Talanji survives an assassination attempt, and she and Zekhan work together to save Bwonsamdi.
Keep in mind that during Battle for Azeroth, Bwonsamdi made it clear he disliked Sylvanas, and offered Talanji the chance to kill Sylvanas in the tests leading up to the Zandalari coronation.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The story is still being developed, but a few things datamined.

Tyrande might be dead, and so may Jaina.

Kael'thas does return but he is a boss again.

Hakkar and Mueh'zala are bosses.

Alexandros and Vashj return as allies.

Ysera might be back.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

From what I'm gathering (And I may be wrong) is that Tyrande and Jaina aren't technically 'dead'. I believe when we enter the Shadowlands, we all get sucked into the Maw and have to flail our way out of there while fishing out our faction NPCs... or something like that.

Also please give me a scene between Rommath and Kael'thas. Mainly have Rommath slapping him.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}