Ghostpaw Alpha attack speed confirmation needed

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
princessary
Realm: Bloodsail Buccaneers

Ghostpaw Alpha attack speed confirmation needed

Unread post by princessary »

Can I get a confirmation as to whether or not the Ghostpaw Alpha's attack speed is 1.3 in Classic? I remember at one point it was changed to 2.0 and I am finding conflicting information as to the speed.
listopencil

Re: Ghostpaw Alpha attack speed confirmation needed

Unread post by listopencil »

I can't confirm the attack speed of that particular pet, but its attack speed in Classic should be the same as it was in the patch that Classic is built on. For instance I have a Durotar Tiger. It has a 1.3 Attack Speed for my Hunter when I play Classic. If I were to tame the same pet in Retail it would have a 2.0 Attack Speed because all pets were normalized in a later patch. I think the conflicting info you are finding is the result of the Vanilla, then patched Retail, then Classic reinstatement generating observations that have become outdated.
Edanna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bored of all gaming, what else is new XD

Unread post by Edanna »

listopencil wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:06 pm I can't confirm the attack speed of that particular pet, but its attack speed in Classic should be the same as it was in the patch that Classic is built on. For instance I have a Durotar Tiger. It has a 1.3 Attack Speed for my Hunter when I play Classic. If I were to tame the same pet in Retail it would have a 2.0 Attack Speed because all pets were normalized in a later patch. I think the conflicting info you are finding is the result of the Vanilla, then patched Retail, then Classic reinstatement generating observations that have become outdated.
That's just not right I have the addon showing different pet speeds also a picture with the speeds on it.

Deth'tilac, 0.5
Markaru, 0.75
Hive'Zara Sandstalker(AQ20), 0.8
Broken Tooth, 1
Beetle(Ouro spawn), 1
Marshwalker, 1
Coldmist Stalker, 1
Mana Feeder, 1
Vile Bat(RFK), 1
Halycon, 1.1
Grovestalker Lynx, 1.2
Windfeather Chick, 1.2
Ayamiss, 1.2
Leviathan, 1.2
Emperor/Gilded Tern, 1.25
Gutripper, 1.4
Fenryr, 1.5
Bloodmaul Direwolf, 1.5
Thok, 1.5
Ghaz'an, 1.6
Bloodmaul Battle Worg, 1.7
Pridelands Stalker, 1.8
Serpentshrine Sporebat, 1.8
Spirit Beasts, 2
Ursius, 2.4
White Devilsaur, 2.4
Adolescent Direhorn, 2.4
Buru, 2.5
Young Forest Bear, 2.5
Ironhide Devilsaur, 2.8
Barrens Kodo, 3
Decrepid Clefthoof, 3
Coilfang Strider, 3
Landquake Kodo, 3
Chimaeron, 4
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

We have it listed as 1.3, which is what it was in Classic, but if you do find it’s different please let me know. Thanks :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
listopencil

*was lagging really bad and double posted*
Last edited by listopencil on Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
listopencil

Edanna wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:19 am
listopencil wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:06 pm I can't confirm the attack speed of that particular pet, but its attack speed in Classic should be the same as it was in the patch that Classic is built on. For instance I have a Durotar Tiger. It has a 1.3 Attack Speed for my Hunter when I play Classic. If I were to tame the same pet in Retail it would have a 2.0 Attack Speed because all pets were normalized in a later patch. I think the conflicting info you are finding is the result of the Vanilla, then patched Retail, then Classic reinstatement generating observations that have become outdated.
That's just not right I have the addon showing different pet speeds also a picture with the speeds on it.

What's not right? I don't understand what you are trying to say is incorrect about what I posted earlier. Maybe i can make this clearer. There are three situations:

1) the retail game as it was in the past through multiple patches before attack speeds were all equalized to 2.0 by (IIRC) the 2.0.3 pre TBC patch

2) the retail game as it has been since patch 2.0.3 up until now

3) the Classic game which is running on patch 1.12

So if you search for info about hunter pets you will find different stats depending on when the info was written. You've got to really pay attention to the dates on Wowhead comments, for instance. If you have an addon be certain that it is taking the info either directly from the game as you play or showing info from a table of numbers built upon the correct patch.
princessary

listopencil wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:12 am

So if you search for info about hunter pets you will find different stats depending on when the info was written. You've got to really pay attention to the dates on Wowhead comments, for instance. If you have an addon be certain that it is taking the info either directly from the game as you play or showing info from a table of numbers built upon the correct patch.
I think the posts I was seeing were confusing retail and classic speeds. I'll find out for sure though in about 10 levels. :D
listopencil

princessary wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:32 am I think the posts I was seeing were confusing retail and classic speeds. I'll find out for sure though in about 10 levels. :D
I just got jumped by him twice while looking for a wolf to upgrade my Bite rank. Nasty bugger. He uses stealth and has a fast run speed. I wonder if his attack speed would be in the combat log of my DPS add-on.
Edanna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bored of all gaming, what else is new XD

Unread post by Edanna »

listopencil wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:12 am
Edanna wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:19 am

What's not right? I don't understand what you are trying to say is incorrect about what I posted earlier. Maybe i can make this clearer. There are three situations:

1) the retail game as it was in the past through multiple patches before attack speeds were all equalized to 2.0 by (IIRC) the 2.0.3 pre TBC patch

2) the retail game as it has been since patch 2.0.3 up until now

3) the Classic game which is running on patch 1.12

I was talking about retail and the fact that some pets have normalised speeds while other's don't, like Deth'tilac being 0.5 sec attack speed and Chimearon being 4 sec attack speed. You mentioned retail normalised speeds so I told you that no their not at least not all of them.
I'm pretty sure I was meant to copy and paste everything I wrote but it appears I never pasted what exactly I meant, whoops I guess.
I have the addon that shows the speed of the pet and the speed they are with my haste it's really handy and cool, Deth'tilac drops down to 0.25 secs with 3 barbed shots, that's as low as the secs can go.
listopencil

Edanna wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:36 am I was talking about retail and the fact that some pets have normalised speeds while other's don't, like Deth'tilac being 0.5 sec attack speed and Chimearon being 4 sec attack speed. You mentioned retail normalised speeds so I told you that no their not at least not all of them.
I'm pretty sure I was meant to copy and paste everything I wrote but it appears I never pasted what exactly I meant, whoops I guess.
I have the addon that shows the speed of the pet and the speed they are with my haste it's really handy and cool, Deth'tilac drops down to 0.25 secs with 3 barbed shots, that's as low as the secs can go.
Well, at least now I can see why I couldn't understand you. I said," If I were to tame the same pet in Retail..." Hope that helps. Happy hunting.
Xanthin
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Xanthin »

princessary wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:32 am I think the posts I was seeing were confusing retail and classic speeds. I'll find out for sure though in about 10 levels. :D
If you are not high enough level for Ghostpaw Alpha, you should skip it and go for the Slavering Worg in Shadowfang Keep levels 18 and 19... they have a 1.1 attack speed, and that I was able to confirm.
princessary

Xanthin wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:02 pm
If you are not high enough level for Ghostpaw Alpha, you should skip it and go for the Slavering Worg in Shadowfang Keep levels 18 and 19... they have a 1.1 attack speed, and that I was able to confirm.
I was wanting the Ghostpaw Alpha because I love the white wolves and it has the best attack speed of them. I'll keep the Slavering Worg in mind though, because I was wanting a Worg for my third pet. Thank you :D
Mentakh
Realm: Flamelash, Razorgore

Unread post by Mentakh »

I can confirm following attack speeds:

Durotar Tiger : Attack speed 1.3
Savannah Patriarch : Attack speed 1.3
Young Forest Bear : Attack speed 2.5
Prairie Wolf Alpha : Attack speed 1.4

These attack speeds are in line with the list of Petopia : https://www.wow-petopia.com/classic/attackspeed.php so I assume the others are correct as well.
Mentakh
Realm: Flamelash, Razorgore

Unread post by Mentakh »

I can confirm the attack speed of Ghostpaw Alpha and Mist Howler at 1.3
I think it is safe to say that we can assume that all the attack speeds listed on Petopia are correct.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Mentakh wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:40 pm I can confirm the attack speed of Ghostpaw Alpha and Mist Howler at 1.3
I think it is safe to say that we can assume that all the attack speeds listed on Petopia are correct.
It's great to know that, thanks! Sorry, it's been a while since I checked the Classic forum. Hopefully all the site info is up to date now.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Jolyroger
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Draenor, Atiesh (Classic)

Unread post by Jolyroger »

I can also confirm the attack speed is 1.3. Just tamed it yesterday.
Jolyroger: Worgen Hunter (Draenor)
Dirus: Night Elf Hunter (Atiesh/Classic)
Shaylis: Night Elf Hunter (Atiesh/Classic)
Kolchak

Unread post by Kolchak »

how do you confirm the attack speed of the pet you have?
Jolyroger
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Draenor, Atiesh (Classic)

Unread post by Jolyroger »

Kolchak wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:37 am how do you confirm the attack speed of the pet you have?
Look at the Character Sheet when you have your pet summoned. There should be a tab at the bottom titles "Pet". Click on that tab, then mouse over the Damage. It should show you the Attack Speed.
Jolyroger: Worgen Hunter (Draenor)
Dirus: Night Elf Hunter (Atiesh/Classic)
Shaylis: Night Elf Hunter (Atiesh/Classic)