8.3 Beasts Thread

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: 8.3 Beasts Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

That is correct. I haven’t seen any non-rares that aren’t up during both assaults.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:11 pm The Aqir fliers and scarabs also look very cool (I'm not sure what they're called in the game, I'm taking those names from their models).

I'm guessing they'll be aberrations, but there's always the possibility they'll be tameable - assuming they're not meant to be sapient. The crawlers look like they could be classified as either beetles or silithids. The fliers are a bit harder to classify, since they're not exactly like wasps, and would probably need a family of their own. Or the two different models could be joined together as some kind of "aqiri beast" family, in a similar manner to Blood Beasts.
I really hope they are tameable, otherwise this is going to be a really, really boring patch for hunters. Hell, they haven't even taken the opportunity to add new mobs with the 7.3.5 Silithid models, or toggled the ones in Silithus tameable. But if they are made tameable, I would assume the scarabs are beetles and the fliers are wasps. They may not be wasps exactly, but they're on the bee skeleton, which is also in the wasp family.

Pretty underwhelming either way, to be honest.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

There's a lot of things that Blizzard seemingly forgot to make tameable, so the Aqir beetles and wasps wouldn't be surprising. We have a means of taming mechanicals through steroids, we have a means of fixing fel-corrupted wolves, we have a means of learning to tame dinosaurs and feathery beasts, and we can tame literal undead and Frankensteinian monsters (zombie hawks, Chimaeron, etc), so there's not really a reason for us NOT to be able to find some way to be crazy enough to tame Aqir beasts.

Corruption at 100+ would be a fun way to tame them, or using the N'zoth toy for the eye crown as an alternative, but it's likely they'll "fix" the beetle to be an abberation and keep them untameable. I really want one of those beetles.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

8.3 is still really underdeveloped at this stage, so anything is still possible :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bad news. The Jade Watcher is now level 122 and so is no longer tameable at our level :(
jade watcher.jpg
jade watcher.jpg (216.54 KiB) Viewed 15429 times
It was still flagged tameable at least.

Rares in Nazjatar flipped in level quite a bit on the PTR, so we can always hope it changes back before this goes live.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That's a shame. Hopefully it will change, but at least it is still technically tamable.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

That's such a shame. Maybe it'll be fixed (along with the lack of a name when tamed), but it is Activision we're talking about. :(
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

Wain wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:41 am Bad news. The Jade Watcher is now level 122 and so is no longer tameable at our level :(

jade watcher.jpg

It was still flagged tameable at least.

Rares in Nazjatar flipped in level quite a bit on the PTR, so we can always hope it changes back before this goes live.
Nooooooooooo.....
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The patch is far from complete, so there is still time for it to be fixed.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Okay, so the Shadowlands selection so far looks pretty good.

But Blizzard can you please not skimp out on Visions of N'Zoth. ;_;
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Seen on Twitter:
BC76EA69-3A6B-47F5-A9FC-B16F71925785.jpeg
BC76EA69-3A6B-47F5-A9FC-B16F71925785.jpeg (64.81 KiB) Viewed 15013 times
Jeremy could be just baiting, but... maybe tameable alpacas are coming 🤔

Of course, they’re not very closely related to goats at all (they’re related to camels, while goats are more related to antelopes and sheep), but the fact the question came up is interesting.

What would you most like to see tameable in 8.3 that is related to either the patch or the expansion? Alpacas would be great, but I’d most love to see tameable void hounds, with their many eyes :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Nothing immediately comes to mind, honestly. Pretty much everything that should be tamable already is, if we’re just talking about this patch or BfA. In regards to Aqir it just depends on whether they are actually beasts or they are aberrations with no way of being controlled and/or are too evil to be tamed.

Actually, the Silithid in Silithus are three that should be tamable.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

They're both under the order of "Artiodactyla", so they're similar enough! Just rename stags as "Even-Toed" or something like that, remove the goat family, put the goats into the Even-Toed family, and put Alpacas in there too. Hooray ancestry! Plus, unicorns aren't stags, but they count as such. Logic is in our favor.

EDIT: As for tameable from the patch and expansion, more of those frog models need to be tameable. A great example that can be reached in heroic/mythic this week with very minimal effort is the Blight Toad in Waycrest. It uses a smaller frog model, but all the frog models so far aside from the Sethralis one are both beast and battle pet variants.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

We've got a new step in the right direction; Marsh Serpents in Uldum (8.3 phase) are flagged as serpents. Not tameable, but they now show the same information that a tameable serpent would have when you hit them with Beast Lore. Python model being tameable looks more likely now, though not confirmed (yet).
Orrik
Realm: Khaz'goroth

Unread post by Orrik »

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but when I was doing the vulpera recruitment quest, I found a tameable black dire worg in Twilight Highlands. The npc was named Highland Worg.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Orrik wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:58 pm Image

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but when I was doing the vulpera recruitment quest, I found a tameable black dire worg in Twilight Highlands. The npc was named Highland Worg.
Aha! Finally the last colour will be tameable :) Thanks for reporting it :)

(I hope it's not in a once-off phase!).
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

As far as I can see, it is at least not available to Alliance. Searched the area and could not find it.

From the phasing implied by the article on Wowhead, it may only show up if you're doing the recruitment questline for Vulpera.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

It looks like they're unfortunately stuck in a Horde-only one-time scenario. They're not in normal Twilight Highlands, before or after the Vulpera unlock. That's pretty bad. Be sure to suggest this be fixed!

EDIT: Gotta love how my post is so much later when I submitted over 6 minutes ago. Site's gone bonkers! Still, this wolf skin being locked to a scenario that half the players can't access a problem. They'll surely fix it like they did with the fire scorpion...right?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

ah, bugger :(

And yeah, I'm sorry about the site's periodic lagginess. I've brought it up with the server owner a number of times but had no luck getting it resolved. Whatever it is began during that crash event and he still hasn't pinpointed it.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Hopefully it’ll be fixed, but there is no guarantee. A new mob would probably have to be added outside of that phase. Making the phase for that quest be the main phase for that area will cause issues for those who are trying to complete the quests of Twilight Highlands.

Just making the wolves in Halls of Valor tamable would solve the problem.