Rant Thread

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Healthcare is fundamentally lacking. :( My husband ran into things like that a LOT. Sorry you're having to go through it. :(
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Namárië wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:17 am Hubby went into hospital today. He was supposed to get a scan to see why he is having so many pains but nooo. Instead he got the results from a scan they did a month ago which shows that his heart have been lacking oxygen due to a small blodclot - probably, they were not sure. And instead of giving him a new scan to see if the problem still is present they decided that he could wait a couple of months to get a scan...

SIGH. ..
I would NOT wait! My uncle was told he had something wrong with his heart and had to wait till NOV for a scan...he has since died because it was not his heart but lymphatic cancer and they didn't pick it up. They only diagnosed him (way too late) because my aunt called an ambulance because he did not look good. If he looks in distress don't wait. insist on seeing someone now. call an ambulance if you have to. I'm sorry if this sounds scary and I don't want to frighten you but I lost a relative because of the UK's health system and its inaction so I'd hate to see the same happen to someone else :(

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

We have no choice. .if we want a scan now we have to go to a private hospital...and that's more money than we see in a year. . And here you can actually get a fine for calling an ambulance for non critical situations. And the hospital already deemed that my husband can wait two months. . :cry:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I can't take it anymore... I just want to give up on everything...
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

@Kya :hug:
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

why is it when I want a weekend to myself my mother takes it as a personal attack? I spend time with you every other weekend and I'll see you the following for a christening - why is one Friday night to myself suddenly a big deal? I hate the "you don't like me" guilt trip too. No I do but I'm an adult. I spent most of my childhood alone cause you worked all the time so as a consequence I'm an independent person who likes her alone time. How is this hard to grasp? And I find it especially ironic coming from someone who immigrated to the other side of the world and barely saw her family after that...and the "that's different I had sisters" isn't a comeback. Not my fault I'm an only child! bah!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

HATE HATE HATE the av mount progress.... they could have made that more fun...they last sooo LONG and in the end you cannot turn in for %.. and as allience we loose everytime.. been in 6 av since yesterday.. such a waste of time

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

At least you have till next year to complete it.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Isn't it until next week?

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Namárië wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:44 pm Isn't it until next week?
No, it is until January 7th :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

"Just do quest to get our mount " now been in 15 av.. quest can be done maybe once but 99% of the time the quest is broken so nothing to do then stand wait to loose. . Only takes a couple of hours. .

I HATE HATE HATE this..

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Re: The Happy Thread

Unread post by Iowawolf »

With Impeachment hearings well underway the wall around the disgrace in the WH is crumbling faster then his ass can run so much has been proven that he has indeed been in collusion with his butt buddy Pukin also bribery but now our country will be free of this dictator and his rule like the Allies crushed Hitler #TheResistance will crush him yes to those of us in #TheResistance this is good news since 2016 when he stained the WH and the US we have wanted him gone.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Hello! Yes. About that …

Like all dinosaurs, the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur’s days are numbered. I can confirm that when Shadowlands goes live, the shady vendors Talutu and Tricky Nick will cease selling it. Their other offerings – the Lost Platysaur pet and the Palehide Direhorn mount, will remain available for purchase.

We will make sure that the unforgettable Brutosaur mount is added to the lists of possible items that are sold in the Black Market Auction Houses. And of course, this new Achievement “Conspicuous Consumption” is a Feat of Strength, so as such things go, it’s not actually very conspicuous.
- Kaivax (Blue on Blizzard Forums)

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... moon-guard
I feel so sick. Actually sick to my stomach.
It's like watching a friend slowly die.
I just sit here as Blizzard keeps doing shady shit and going "wellll I'm sure there is a reason..." but it keeps happening and getting worse and worse and more and more obvious what is going on.
And it just hurts.
It actually hurts.
I know it's just a video game, but WoW has been such an important part of my life. I've met my best friends on there, which I think found by mistake on different platforms and was able to make even more friends on there. I've met my Fiance on WoW, whom I ended up moving in with and falling deeply in love with. If it hadn't been for WoW, I wouldn't have met these people. I wouldnt have learned the things I have learned and I wouldnt have the life I have now. So I've been hanging on, sticking with it, because I feel like I owe Blizzard for these gifts they have given me in life.. But they keep doing weird and shady things, both in their games and outside their games.. And its just getting so difficult to put up with.

It's less about the mount (Which I do want)... Its more the fact that they are doing this in order to cause mass panic in hopes people will flock to buy more WoW tokens to get the mount before it retires. And its disgusting.

Siggy under construction!

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Husband was in (another) car accident this morning. Someone pulled out in front of him, and they were at fault. Car is probably totaled. Sooner or later our luck has to be good, right? :(
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Ugh sorry for u Hun !

My rant:
WHY is the brewfest/pilgrim/snowfestival mog ONLY avalibe to mog in their duration.. that´s super silly!!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Dewclaw wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:52 pm Husband was in (another) car accident this morning. Someone pulled out in front of him, and they were at fault. Car is probably totaled. Sooner or later our luck has to be good, right? :(
Oh Christ, I hope he's ok :( Bad luck seems to happen in runs, but hopefully yours is at an end. And I hope the person at fault was insured.

My rant:

Well, not really a rant. More an embarassing "I wish" and a rambling stream of consciousness, which is enough catharsis for tonight.

I wish I was a more driven person. I wish my brain (which once was a pretty good brain) was less coated in fog and always so, so sleepy. I wish I had the fire inside me that I had in my younger days and I wish I'd followed through and made more with what I have. I wish that shadowed part of my mind wasn't always going "reality is harsh, let's sleep now" so much of the time. I wish I was better at coding and not just "ok for an amateur" and could achieve more. I inherited Petopia and Warcraft Mounts because I was (by chance) the right person in the right place with just enough of the right drive and skills to keep it going, but not enough drive (or extroverted personality and willingness to develop an exaggerated persona, which our current social media society requires) to do great things. I soon found that to keep things going I had to also contribute to other understaffed projects (like WoW Model Viewer) or we wouldn't even have the tools to keep going here. So I find myself spread over a lot of things just to keep two websites going. And much as I love it, I wish I had the fire to do it better. I'm eternally grateful for people who contribute and help out with info and keep me from bogging down, and wonder if Mania felt a bit the same way about me all those years ago. I wish my frustration at the "safeness" of WoW's development since late MoP (the last brave expansion, IMO) and their reliance on safe gameplay and zone design, and play methods that are akin to methods the gambling industry employs to hook people without any real creativity and substance didn't boil over to anger and rudeness and cynicism, yet all the while I still keep playing. But I wish that for myself - because I'm disappointed in that part of me - and not because I feel that bad for them. The designers are passionate and young and I feel happy for them if they're doing what they love, but their management, I think, knows what they're doing, and I feel no worse for them than I would for a gambling company sobbing that their addicted gamblers dislike them.

There, that feels better :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

My mother in law have been suffering from a rare form for spinal core cancer for 12 years. . That's the approximate lifespand you have if you get the form of cancer she has.
She was admitted to hospital wensday because she was bleeding heavlily from her rectum. She was stabilized but now her blodprocentage is 3,5. The doctors don't suspect she lives until tomorrow.
Her and my rather in law has been married 53 years. I feel so sad that she is dying.. husband is at his fathers to help him through this hard time. I wish I could be there but my health is not good enough. I feel like Im failing them by not being there. .m

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh how awful :(. I’m so sorry, Namarie. I hope they can keep her comfortable in her last days and my thoughts are with you and your husband’s family. Hugs.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Namárië wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:44 am My mother in law have been suffering from a rare form for spinal core cancer for 12 years. . That's the approximate lifespand you have if you get the form of cancer she has.
She was admitted to hospital wensday because she was bleeding heavlily from her rectum. She was stabilized but now her blodprocentage is 3,5. The doctors don't suspect she lives until tomorrow.
Her and my rather in law has been married 53 years. I feel so sad that she is dying.. husband is at his fathers to help him through this hard time. I wish I could be there but my health is not good enough. I feel like Im failing them by not being there. .m
She is down to 2.7 blod procentage and has chosen not to recieve futher treatment. It's just a matter of time now. . Wish i could be there..

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Honestly, people who I already don’t particularly like, but you give the best version of myself. Why, because I want to be a more compassionate person. They decide to lead in with sweet subtle conversation, then completely deconstruct all the positive things you said, suggesting it was all not that good. Then they say a really awful thing about you to you face. Without a skip, like it’s taking about the weather. I’m left a spinning and flustered,
trying to over explain that that’s not correct, etc, etc. all the while, they just watch and smirk.

Why?!? Why be so awful, why say awful lies for no other reason but to make someone feel small.

I really really fucking hate people sometimes. I wish their words would just wash off me, but I made myself vulnerable and open to someone I knew was mean. I tried to be a good person, and they just emotionally fucked me over knowing full well...

Just... gross.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­