Rant Thread

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Falcon »

@Niabi and Tarn: :hug: I'm sorry you guys are having such a difficult time. :(

My own gripe: Body. Why? Why, why?! You could have waited two more goddamn days...
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Got food poisoning. .soo sick. Funny thing is that I got it from the hospital food. .
They still can't figure out whats wrong with my legs. Had another episode just in the other leg. . Whee :/
But I can still hump so I might get to go home today if they can't find anything

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tårnfalk wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:14 am Got food poisoning. .soo sick. Funny thing is that I got it from the hospital food. .
They still can't figure out whats wrong with my legs. Had another episode just in the other leg. . Whee :/
But I can still hump so I might get to go home today if they can't find anything
You poor thing :( I guess it's good that they couldn't find any serious issues - so no cancer, collapsed joints or anything. But it must be awful they have no solutions, either. Maybe it's a pinched or inflamed nerve?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

maybe.. they cant find anything and I can now bend the leg.. still hurts from the knee down though so hard to stand...at the hospital they both had a chiropractor and a physiotherapist but no one could find out why i hurt so im home now..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Father-in-law passed away yesterday. Caretaker had just left for the afternoon, right before 3:00 p.m. to go on her lunch break. Everything was fine. 15 minutes later, when I went to check-in on him, he was gone.

I'm grateful that he is at peace now. The last few months really gave me the opportunity to see a much softer, vulnerable side of his personality.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Just watched Surviving R Kelly on Netflix and... How is this massive piece of absolute shit/trash been able to exist preying on young women for so long. Last I checked I think he's still locked up, I hope he fucking stays there. I grew up during his scandal but ffs the man was a pedophile and he got off. Ugh I'm just. Disgusted.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Niabi wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:41 am Father-in-law passed away yesterday. Caretaker had just left for the afternoon, right before 3:00 p.m. to go on her lunch break. Everything was fine. 15 minutes later, when I went to check-in on him, he was gone.

I'm grateful that he is at peace now. The last few months really gave me the opportunity to see a much softer, vulnerable side of his personality.
I’m glad he’s at peace. It sounds like you really looked out for him and made a big difference to his final months. Hugs
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Silivren wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:39 am Just watched Surviving R Kelly on Netflix and... How is this massive piece of absolute shit/trash been able to exist preying on young women for so long. Last I checked I think he's still locked up, I hope he fucking stays there. I grew up during his scandal but ffs the man was a pedophile and he got off. Ugh I'm just. Disgusted.
I know. Money is like a shield. It took *decades* to bring Epstein down too, yet hundreds and hundreds of people must have known exactly what he was like. And then there are people in top positions of power and religious leadership who are shielded by both money and the fact that their supporters actually know what they’re like but are willing to pretend it’s not the case.

A large number of people are sickening, not because of bad things they actively do, but because of the things they’re willing to enable for personal benefits, hatreds, or the stability of their lifestyle.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Wain wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:36 am
Silivren wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:39 am Just watched Surviving R Kelly on Netflix and... How is this massive piece of absolute shit/trash been able to exist preying on young women for so long. Last I checked I think he's still locked up, I hope he fucking stays there. I grew up during his scandal but ffs the man was a pedophile and he got off. Ugh I'm just. Disgusted.
I know. Money is like a shield. It took *decades* to bring Epstein down too, yet hundreds and hundreds of people must have known exactly what he was like. And then there are people in top positions of power and religious leadership who are shielded by both money and the fact that their supporters actually know what they’re like but are willing to pretend it’s not the case.

A large number of people are sickening, not because of bad things they actively do, but because of the things they’re willing to enable for personal benefits, hatreds, or the stability of their lifestyle.
Oh God I know. That's what stuck out like a sore thumb to me. He knew he was doing bad shit but did it anyways. But his agents and friends and security? They said they knew stuff was up and did nothing about it. The security would even go pick up young girls from the mall for him. It's so sickening.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Why can I still not read posts by people I used to hang out with without getting extremely lonely and upset? Why can I not fucking get over it already? It's been like 10 years.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I am so stressed. :( My dad, who is overly critical and has 2 of his 3 children already not communicating with him because to do so is so unhealthy/stressful, invited himself over for a few nights. Our schedule is hectic, so I asked that he time his arrival for 4pm or later. He shows up at 2:45 and starts on the criticism right away. He also shuts the house down at 6:30 for bedtime on the couch, since we have no spare bedroom. I'm so stressed my hands are shaking. Just UGH! so unhappy :( :( :(
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

So yesterday was the last day for AV and I don't play heaps but made an effort to level a few different toons. Was on my Priest who was midway through 114 and figured I could get to 120 before it ended...was in a rather long turtle AV (already dinged once) and all of a sudden I'm booted out as a deserter?? WTF! I wasn't even lagging or afk - infact I was midfight. Do people do this to get their jollies or something?? Then ofcourse now I have a 15min debuff - I was so pissed off I didn't bother going back. (which means I guess I can't hand in my quest now either?) ergh so annoyed! So whoever you where F U!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I don't think you cab get booted if you are in combat. Not sure what or how that happened to you, but it sucks that it did. :( I didn't get to AV at all the past several days...thanks dad. :/
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

SIGHS- I learned for the first time since my college fund was made how much is left. I've been asking for years, asking for help making a budget, how to be more frugal, and my parents have always replied with "oh don't worry about it!".

WELL it turns out I have enough left for... less than one semester! Wahoo!

I was already debating dropping out, but that certainly cements it.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Freelancing sucks. I can't wait to get a stable studio job again. At least then people will know what they are talking about.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Know what I absolutely love? Going to bed after seeing the closest thing I'll have to a friend do something better than I'll ever be able to and imagining myself in a fight with them cos they're suddenly an entitled prick who doesn't care about me, then wake up feeling worthless and like the world doesn't need me.

Thanks brain. You're the reason I don't believe in true friendship.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Two days in a row now I have taken phone calls at work with clients telling me they have lost their pets in a terrible way. Their pain was palpable, and I could offer them no consolation. I can't help but take some of their pain home with me, because I know how it feels. I wish I could help them more.
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

New rant. Last night an armed gunman broke into someone house just a few blocks from me. Now I'm going to be scared to go to bed at night. :(
He's still at large.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Ughn that is scary Dew!! Take care of yourself :hug:

My rant...

the munnicipal system have decided that I need to "explore my workablity" so from february the 3rd they put me into a workplace 1 hour a week to see if I can manage a job.. It´s ok 1 hour I can manage but the job? it´s in a home for ppl with sever dementia and part of my job description is to help them in their everyday live... I get help now from social workers to get my daily live to work becaues I am to handicapped to do it myself.. and now I have to do it for others..

mental.. :roll:

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

That sounds horrible Tarn. It's the worst when people just can't see how you feel or are too stupid to try. It sounds as bad there as it is in the US with disabilities.

My stepfather is going back in tot he hospital today, he's very ill and also taking out how he feels on my mother more who is only trying to help him. Meanwhile my brother who is schizophrenic has stopped all communication with me along with taking his meds and paying his rent. I went to court on his behalf because he refused to show, but it didn't help he lost his apartment and will be homeless at the end of the month. He's far too dangerous to take in and the situation is a huge amount of stress on everyone in the family. I'm still recovering from my tbi and just can't seem to catch a break lately.