8.3 Beasts Thread

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Re: 8.3 Beasts Thread

Unread post by Tsukina »

Valnaaros wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:09 pm You sadly have to wait until SL to tame it.
I feel sad and angry...

Thanks for the clarification..

PS: Does anyone tell me the address of the Blizzard department? I don't want to get lost and the torch that I carry as a "gift" is used up :twisted: ...
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

So the black worg is for sure Horde-only and limited time?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

As far as has been tested, yes. Can only obtain it during the Vulpera questline.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 8.3 Pet Guide

Unread post by Wain »

Tsukina wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:05 pm
Wain wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:17 am WoWLogoPatch83-800.png

I've published our little 8.3 pet guide:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/patch83.php

No, there's not many this time, but please keep your eyes out in case we missed anything, or things are hotfixed at the last minute!

Also, there are a few new matching mounts & minipets for older looks - all included on that page. :)
Wain, the theme of Quilen ONLY green, how is it at the end? Do I have to wait for SL to tame it?

PS: sorry for my bad English.
Sadly the new all-green quilen was changed to 122 elite. That means it can't be tamed until Shadowlands :(
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:39 am So the black worg is for sure Horde-only and limited time?
What I'm still unsure of is if you can repeat that chain if you group with someone who hasn't done it and turn on quest sync. If so we could repeat it at any time.

But either way, it's still Horde only. Unless they flag the Ebonclaw in Halls of Valor tameable. It's a shame they never did that.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

And good luck if you're trying to tame it as Horde. I thought about taming, but these guys barely spawn enough as it is and everything is killed immediately. I'd rather wait for them to flag the worgs in HoV. Still have no idea why they didn't after Legion.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Crelam
Realm: Deathwing

Unread post by Crelam »

Found a new tame while doing the Vulpera unlock quest, i'm too lazy to type it out again though so here is a link to my other post.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26166
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Aleu wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:24 pm And good luck if you're trying to tame it as Horde. I thought about taming, but these guys barely spawn enough as it is and everything is killed immediately. I'd rather wait for them to flag the worgs in HoV. Still have no idea why they didn't after Legion.
I did it like an hour after servers went up.

Tip: Turn on war mode, change to survival, and spec into the honor talent Diamond Ice.

Drop a trap on front of you then tame. It takes 2 GCDs to set up, but the wolf will run into the trap after casting take, freezing it, and because it's invulnerable due to diamond ice for 6 seconds, people can't snatch it from you.

Also a warning, the worg comes in 2 colors, so make sure you have the right one.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I went out to the far edge of the quest area, and was able to tame one on my second attempt :)
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

So the Shadowbarb mount questline rewards:

A toy, a battle pet and a mount. There was an opportunity there for a book to teach hunters how to tame one, but I guess not.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I think that they are going with that unless you obtain one before it hatches and before the egg is corrupted, then you can have one that is not corrupt. Otherwise, once the egg has been corrupted, then it isn't possible to tame them at all. They could've and should've gone with different lore regarding all of this to allow Hunter tames, but it is what it is.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Yea, the idea of the questline is you saved one from being corrupted and teaching it how not to be evil. :P (By you know, making it a cannibal and making it kill pets)
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Meh, it feels like a cop out.
Myzou wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:11 pm Yea, the idea of the questline is you saved one from being corrupted and teaching it how not to be evil. :P (By you know, making it a cannibal and making it kill pets)
And sticking nails through its eyes and carapace.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
falhart
Realm: Kel'Thuzad

Unread post by falhart »

So taming the Twilight Prowler it gave its name as wolf. It also has the ferocious bit skill that slows enemies but looks like a cat. While I am sure this is unintended and will get fixed its pretty cool!
Hewolfke
Realm: Quel-thalas

Unread post by Hewolfke »

Valnaaros wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:55 pm
Wain wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:49 am Thanks so much for this :)

If I understand correctly, this one:
Stormhowl. Found on Sunblossom Hill during the N'zoth assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the Stormy Grey Saber Worg variant. Tameable. Hostile Rare.
should also be a previously-unused look: https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... worg_light
That is correct, and depending on whether a gaming pass happens or not, we could get two armored quilen. :)
Stormhowl= NOT tamable, comment: creature is to high level (122) to tame! His compagnions, the "little look a likes however" near the spawnplace are tamable and are DPS pets!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Hewolfke wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:15 pm
Valnaaros wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:55 pm
Wain wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:49 am Thanks so much for this :)

If I understand correctly, this one:

should also be a previously-unused look: https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... worg_light
That is correct, and depending on whether a gaming pass happens or not, we could get two armored quilen. :)
Stormhowl= NOT tamable, comment: creature is to high level (122) to tame! His compagnions, the "little look a likes however" near the spawnplace are tamable and are DPS pets!
Yeah, that was an old comment . He was changed to 122 later on, sadly :( So we never added him to the database.
Pokemiibo
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Pokemiibo »

According to the homage the rare "Stormhowl" is possibly untamable, but I was able to tame him.

WoWScrnShot_012420_194640.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012420_194640.jpg (2.36 MiB) Viewed 16232 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Pokemiibo wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:50 pm According to the homage the rare "Stormhowl" is possibly untamable, but I was able to tame him.

WoWScrnShot_012420_194640.jpg
Hey :) I'm pretty sure that's one of the Stormhowls that surround him, which are much darker: https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... erworg_mid

Stormhowl is much lighter: https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... erworg_mid - for example, his legs are nearly as light as his claws.

It's an easy mistake to make, though :)
Vanth
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Vanth »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I made an account today just to G U S H

Sooo I've been a Crazy Silithid Lady using the Hive'Zora Reaver since I started playing in Cata, and

BOI

My crops are watered, my skin is cleared, my gas tank is full I am f r e a k i n g MY GOOD BBY LOOKS SO NICE

reaver.png
reaver.png (864.27 KiB) Viewed 16069 times
Kokiron
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kokiron »

hmmmmm...............lmao