8.3 Taming List

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: 8.3 Taming List

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The Motorback Ape is now tamable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Not a new tame, but the boss silithids in Silithus now retain their names when tamed.
ssinkrix.png
ssinkrix.png (774.82 KiB) Viewed 5594 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I keep hopefully checking kunchong/goliaths every time one of these little updates gets pushed through but nothing yet. :(

I imagine at this point they might not want them to be tameable, or they're saving them for later. Seems odd they were changed to beasts though, but if they come in the future I'll still be happy.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Blaithe and Anzu are both now tamable.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ohh that's exciting!!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Fenri and Guarm remain untamable.
The Scorpids in Nighthold remain untamable.
Kokiron
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kokiron »

if you use Blaithe with animal companion he floats, lol
Last edited by Kokiron on Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Ji-Kun now keeps her name after being tamed.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Welp, gotta run Throne tomorrow now lol. Hope Anzu is fixed tomorrow too.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Just run it on LFR then, no need to wait for the weekly reset for the bosses to respawn! You can even run it multiple times if you happen to want more than one copy for Animal Companion or the Dire Stable glyph. :D
ImageImage
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I am thinking that perhaps the reason why Kunchong and Goliaths are not yet tamable is because they technically aren't Silithid. They are related to Silithid, but putting them into a family that doesn't fully represent what they are wouldn't really work. So maybe the Silithid family is being reworked to incorporate them.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:44 pm I am thinking that perhaps the reason why Kunchong and Goliaths are not yet tamable is because they technically aren't Silithid. They are related to Silithid, but putting them into a family that doesn't fully represent what they are wouldn't really work. So maybe the Silithid family is being reworked to incorporate them.
I'm hoping you're right.

Part of me likes to think that the Aqir Drones and Scarabs being wasps and beetles may be temporary and they'll end up in their own dedicated Aqir family together with the Goliaths.

But that would still leave Kunchong out, I suppose.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for checking Ji-Kun :)

Silithids have become a complicated family.

I’ve actually been wondering if the solution is the opposite to what you’ve been discussing, and they should be split up entirely. Their wasp members are already wasps, and their beetle members already beetles. Their “base” model is now so close to a Draenor ravager they were obviously designed on the same principles (I have no proof but my gut feeling is that model was intended to be a silithid but was repurposed) , so those silithids could be grouped with ravagers ( and from memory, there are silithids called silithid ravagers already). That would leave just the colossi that could be grouped with aqir goliaths and kunchong in a Kunchong family.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

More than has been reported, for people who don't read the forums. Wain's already updated the site for some of them, but others, like the Greathorn Stag, aren't yet.

Classes

Hunter
Angerhoof Bull, Anzu, Blaithe, Doe, Greathorn Stag, Irewing, Motorback Ape, and Porkchop are now tamable.
Ji-Kun, Ssinkrix, Qroshekx, Xaarshej should now retain their names when tamed.

Creatures and NPCs

Lalathin should now appear in all phases of Suramar.

---
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:00 am Thanks for checking Ji-Kun :)

Silithids have become a complicated family.

I’ve actually been wondering if the solution is the opposite to what you’ve been discussing, and they should be split up entirely. Their wasp members are already wasps, and their beetle members already beetles. Their “base” model is now so close to a Draenor ravager they were obviously designed on the same principles (I have no proof but my gut feeling is that model was intended to be a silithid but was repurposed) , so those silithids could be grouped with ravagers ( and from memory, there are silithids called silithid ravagers already). That would leave just the colossi that could be grouped with aqir goliaths and kunchong in a Kunchong family.
No problem.

And I dunno. One thing I always liked was that Silithids were more or less a robust family. Although silithid wasps are in the wasp family and the beetles in the beetles, there's still the sandreavers, and the ant/worker types, even if you were to take the silithid colossi away and put them in a dedicated huge bug family along with kunchong and aqir goliaths.

Don't get me wrong, if that's what it takes for kunchong and aqir goliaths to end up tameable, I'll gladly take it, but personally I'm of the approach that fewer families get ripped apart to have models piecemeal strewn about in their own unique families, and instead we get fewer, more diverse families. I really don't want another Shale Spider family.

Now that's a bit hyperbolic, of course, because even with your approach, they wouldn't become shale spiders, a family with one model and 4 skins, but you get what I mean.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:18 am More than has been reported, for people who don't read the forums. Wain's already updated the site for some of them, but others, like the Greathorn Stag, aren't yet.

Classes

Hunter
Angerhoof Bull, Anzu, Blaithe, Doe, Greathorn Stag, Irewing, Motorback Ape, and Porkchop are now tamable.
Ji-Kun, Ssinkrix, Qroshekx, Xaarshej should now retain their names when tamed.

Creatures and NPCs

Lalathin should now appear in all phases of Suramar.

---
The issue with the two Greathorn mobs are that they’re in the Emerald Dreamway, which is a Druid-only area. Unless there’s some of the same at the end of the raid?
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

non-druids still get booted out of the Emerald Dreamway after 5 seconds. And the only way I know how to get in is with a recruit-a-friend summon. I went in and beast lored one in december, and it was untameable. If it's tameable now, and the only way to get it is within 5 seconds of a RaF summon, your hunter has to be between 98 and 109.
There haven't been the stags/does up in the raid before, but maybe that's changed. Or maybe they've been added in one of the scenarios that take place there. I'm fairly certain I haven't seen them there except when it's the druid travel hub.

I assume "Doe" is the greathorn doe, also found there. There's also a dreamway grizzly and dreamway prowler, but there's other bears and wolves with the same skins (unless the dreamway pets keep their special effects: faint green particles).

edit: no beasts in the final/uncorrupted part of the dream in Emerald Nightmare raid (lfr).
Last edited by Xota on Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Xota wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:01 am non-druids still get booted out of the Emerald Dreamway after 5 seconds. And the only way I know how to get in is with a recruit-a-friend summon. I went in and beast lored one in december, and it was untameable. If it's tameable now, and the only way to get it is within 5 seconds of a RaF summon, your hunter has to be between 98 and 109.
There haven't been the stags/does up in the raid before, but maybe that's changed. Or maybe they've been added in one of the scenarios that take place there. I'm fairly certain I haven't seen them there except when it's the druid travel hub.

I assume "Doe" is the greathorn doe, also found there. There's also a dreamway grizzly and dreamway prowler, but there's other bears and wolves with the same skins (unless the dreamway pets keep their special effects: faint green particles).
Xota! It's good to see you again :) I'd actually been thinking of you and your attempts to get into the Dreamway back in Legion, so thanks for coming back and posting. It sounds like even if a hunter can get in they wouldn't have time for a tame to complete :/ I believe the stags were made tameable under the belief they were in a public area. Maybe some could be transplanted ot the end of the Emerald Nightmare raid or something.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

There's no beasts in the emerald dreamway (currently) in the heart essence scenario set there. Also, none of the four have the faint green particles built into their model, so I doubt they'd keep them if tamed. I don't think this will work, but I'm double checking the druid portals, to see if one has been changed to let hunters into a non-porting version of the dreamway. I checked Hyjal and it was a dud(it happened to be in a quest phase, I'll check it again later maybe). And I'm going to check the one in dreamgrove. I expect it will be a dud too.
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Xcreeping »

If I wanna get Blaithe and the quest NPC Choluna isnt at its location then that means ive already completed the quest and need someone to spawn it for me I assume?