8.3 New Tame Bugs

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 8.3 New Tame Bugs

Unread post by Wain »

Damn. Well thanks for checking :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

To update my previous post:
It appears the armored Brown dread raven does the "ranged attack" as well. I just tested it on a training dummy and it's missing Stomps too. So it appears to be a bug with all of the armored Dread Raven variants.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I have someone from the Secret Finders discord reporting that they were able to tame Lalathin just now. Alliance character, no Suramar story completion.

attached is their screenshot to show no Suramar progress:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Vephriel wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:42 pm I have someone from the Secret Finders discord reporting that they were able to tame Lalathin just now. Alliance character, no Suramar story completion.

attached is their screenshot to show no Suramar progress:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
Ah so maybe its still bugged for Alliance who have story completion? Cause that's the status of the Hunter I used to check.

Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

Anzu shows in beast lore as tameable but when i tried to tame him it said 'creature not tameable' as such this is a bug.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Zoruaronan wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:21 pm Anzu shows in beast lore as tameable but when i tried to tame him it said 'creature not tameable' as such this is a bug.
Yeah, we’re all experiencing that :(. If he still does this after reset (and a cache clear too) then I’ll report it as a definite bug.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

The newly tameable Sewer Beast does not keep his name when tamed. Not sure if it's a bug, but given that he's a rare with something of a name, I figured couldn't hurt to also list it here.

Edit:
I mean the Horrific Vision of Stormwind's Sewer Beast, sorry.

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

You mean the Void Stalker swimming in the cannal?! NICE!
ImageImage
ScvgrHyena
Realm: Shandris

Unread post by ScvgrHyena »

As of Feb 4th Allance hunters can see Lalathin. My ally hunter is staring at her right now, and can beast lore her. Keep in mind only my undead warlock did all of Suramar. Neither of my hunters did anything other then the intro quest to unlock the cave. My horde hunter tamed Lalathin during patch 7.3 so he already has it. I deleted Hati to make room for it and my Worgen hunter was able to tame it. Lalathin doesn't keep its name when tamed.
ScvgrHyena

when you look up my character Lalathin shows up as main pet:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... is/janeway
ScvgrHyena

Also I tamed a Fel Raven (the ones OUTSIDE of Hellfire in Tanaan Jungle) and it appear huge on login screen but shrinks down when you log in on another toon or when switching back and forth. Also its a Bird of Prey so it doesn't learn Stomp because I check my other Bird of Prey (Aotona) and they don't have stomp either. Also the Fel Raven runs towards the test dummy and attacks like normal. So the ones outside of the raid aren't glitched in that way. I then tested it by having the Fel Raven attack mobs outside of Orgrimmar and it ran towards them like a normal pet. So either its fixed (as of Feb 4th, 2020) or the ones in Tanaan act like normal birds.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... s/ramayana
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Rikaku wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:52 pm The newly tameable Sewer Beast does not keep his name when tamed. Not sure if it's a bug, but given that he's a rare with something of a name, I figured couldn't hurt to also list it here.

Edit:
I mean the Horrific Vision of Stormwind's Sewer Beast, sorry.
It could be because it's not a proper name, so they decided not to do it with that one.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

ScvgrHyena wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:40 am Also I tamed a Fel Raven (the ones OUTSIDE of Hellfire in Tanaan Jungle) and it appear huge on login screen but shrinks down when you log in on another toon or when switching back and forth. Also its a Bird of Prey so it doesn't learn Stomp because I check my other Bird of Prey (Aotona) and they don't have stomp either. Also the Fel Raven runs towards the test dummy and attacks like normal. So the ones outside of the raid aren't glitched in that way. I then tested it by having the Fel Raven attack mobs outside of Orgrimmar and it ran towards them like a normal pet. So either its fixed (as of Feb 4th, 2020) or the ones in Tanaan act like normal birds.
Thanks :) Those things should be on the bug list. What was that thing about stomp?
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Sewer Beastling:
Yeah I wasn't sure, but I listed it just to be safe. If it's not a proper name, that's all good :)

Regarding Armored Ravens:
I'll test my armored Ravens when I get home later today and see if they're attacking in range now. When I checked yesterday at 4 PM PST, they were still attacking at range and all Stomps were missing the target.

Admittedly I could only tame ones in the raid. I couldn't get the ones outside to attack me :lol:

edit:
I tested out Rukhran, still no changes. He is still attacking from far away and all Stomps are missing the target.

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Wain wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:00 am
ScvgrHyena wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:40 am Also I tamed a Fel Raven (the ones OUTSIDE of Hellfire in Tanaan Jungle) and it appear huge on login screen but shrinks down when you log in on another toon or when switching back and forth. Also its a Bird of Prey so it doesn't learn Stomp because I check my other Bird of Prey (Aotona) and they don't have stomp either. Also the Fel Raven runs towards the test dummy and attacks like normal. So the ones outside of the raid aren't glitched in that way. I then tested it by having the Fel Raven attack mobs outside of Orgrimmar and it ran towards them like a normal pet. So either its fixed (as of Feb 4th, 2020) or the ones in Tanaan act like normal birds.
Thanks :) Those things should be on the bug list. What was that thing about stomp?
I think it has to do with Rikaku talking about Stomp in an earlier post, and how the ravens couldn't use it because their hit box was boss sized and made them attack from so far away. I'm guessing that ScvgrHyena thought it was a family skill of the pet instead of the BM talent.
ImageImage
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Shinryu Masaki wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:22 pm I think it has to do with Rikaku talking about Stomp in an earlier post, and how the ravens couldn't use it because their hit box was boss sized and made them attack from so far away. I'm guessing that ScvgrHyena thought it was a family skill of the pet instead of the BM talent.
Oh, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm closing this thread, now most 8.3 stuff is fixed, I've moved the remaining stuff to the main BfA pet bug thread. Thanks for all your reports, and please continue to post there :)

Is there anything that was reportd here that I missed adding? Please report it on that thread. Thanks :)