8.3 Taming List

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
DragonHeart
Realm: Eitrigg

Re: 8.3 Taming List

Unread post by DragonHeart »

I see and I think the reason why Blizzard is having trouble letting us tame Kunchongs is because they're being controlled by Klaxxi manipulators maybe the solution could be we kill the manipulators to get an item so we can soothe them from their mind control in order to tame them.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

DragonHeart wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:33 am I see and I think the reason why Blizzard is having trouble letting us tame Kunchongs is because they're being controlled by Klaxxi manipulators maybe the solution could be we kill the manipulators to get an item so we can soothe them from their mind control in order to tame them.
There are plenty of kunchong that aren't being controlled, though. I'm not sure the real reason, but maybe during MoP they wanted to keep them as Mantid-only and now they're just off the radar. Maybe if I'd had them on our tame suggest list earlier then they would have been granted in 8.3, maybe not. I don't know :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
DragonHeart
Realm: Eitrigg

Unread post by DragonHeart »

Wain wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:48 am
DragonHeart wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:33 am I see and I think the reason why Blizzard is having trouble letting us tame Kunchongs is because they're being controlled by Klaxxi manipulators maybe the solution could be we kill the manipulators to get an item so we can soothe them from their mind control in order to tame them.
There are plenty of kunchong that aren't being controlled, though. I'm not sure the real reason, but maybe during MoP they wanted to keep them as Mantid-only and now they're just off the radar. Maybe if I'd had them on our tame suggest list earlier then they would have been granted in 8.3, maybe not. I don't know :)
Please just keep trying and maybe Blizz will have mercy.
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether

Unread post by Noguchi »

Just ran into that Armadillo in Uldum for the very first time getting excited at possibly taming him, only he cant be tamed. Lol

He did drop a Armagedillo's Tail which i can put up in the auction house i guess.
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

Just noticed that this is the first expansion, since their introduction, that we haven't gotten even one new Spirit Beast.

I guess that Blizzard really spoiled us in Legion with all the Hati skins as well as the other spirit beasts it added, but I still can't help but feel slightly let down.

(If only there were a 8.3.5 with a new Spirit Beast that looks like Shirvallah/Kimbul. :P)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Nazja wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:50 am Just noticed that this is the first expansion, since their introduction, that we haven't gotten even one new Spirit Beast.
I just want a wicker beast SB.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

We technically got one spirit beast, since Hati became a permanent pet in 8.1.5, and the quest chain for that was incredibly detailed!
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

Ohh, you are right. I've no idea why I thought that he'd been added as a tameable beast in the pre-launch event.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Nazja wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:06 pm Ohh, you are right. I've no idea why I thought that he'd been added as a tameable beast in the pre-launch event.
Hati doesn't exactly feel new/BfA, even though they came with fun toys, because we had a Hati all Legion whether we wanted or not. Drust bears/wolfcats feel like a tease, considering all the text on the steles and what some of the npcs say. Still checking around Athair periodically.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Xota wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:11 pm
Nazja wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:06 pm Ohh, you are right. I've no idea why I thought that he'd been added as a tameable beast in the pre-launch event.
Hati doesn't exactly feel new/BfA, even though they came with fun toys, because we had a Hati all Legion whether we wanted or not. Drust bears/wolfcats feel like a tease, considering all the text on the steles and what some of the npcs say. Still checking around Athair periodically.
True, that's why I added "technically" since Hati wasn't completely new, just new as a regular pet. It's possible we didn't get any other spirit beasts because Hati's quest chain took so much work, but I suspect it's more that they got busy and didn't think any more about it. A wild version of that tiger loa model would have fitted perfectly (much as I'm over cats!), but a spirit direhorn, raptor or pterrordax would have been amazing.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

It's such a shame too because both Zandalar and Kul Tiras are ripe with potential. There could have been some really amazing dinosaur spirit beasts, or spooky ghostly things from Drustvar, or even something a bit more eldritch like an octopus from Stormsong.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh, and I should probably add the wicker beasts to the unused models page too. I forgot :)

I never actually recorded them because I originally thought they were purely witch constructs, made of wood and bone, but I get the impression they're more than that?

Then again, even if they are just beast constructs with beastly spirits inside them, they're no less valid as taming candidates than robots :)
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Wicker beasts do have spirits inside them, at least one for sure as we saw in one quest, and can host more than one from another quest. Since it is a fact I always thought we would at least get the wicker "wolf" model as a Spirit Beast, but alas it never came to be. It's still not too late, Blizzard can always add it in later, I can dream!
ImageImage
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Shinryu Masaki wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:44 pm Wicker beasts do have spirits inside them, at least one for sure as we saw in one quest, and can host more than one from another quest. Since it is a fact I always thought we would at least get the wicker "wolf" model as a Spirit Beast, but alas it never came to be. It's still not too late, Blizzard can always add it in later, I can dream!
If you mean the cat we kill, that was the Wild God of the Wicker Cats.

The fact they have Wild Gods (AKA Loa) implies they SHOULD be beasts though.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Myzou wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:01 am
Shinryu Masaki wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:44 pm Wicker beasts do have spirits inside them, at least one for sure as we saw in one quest, and can host more than one from another quest. Since it is a fact I always thought we would at least get the wicker "wolf" model as a Spirit Beast, but alas it never came to be. It's still not too late, Blizzard can always add it in later, I can dream!
If you mean the cat we kill, that was the Wild God of the Wicker Cats.

The fact they have Wild Gods (AKA Loa) implies they SHOULD be beasts though.
I was talking about the dog that was killed and used to create one of the wicker beasts. In another quest there's two people fused into one wicker construct. I think they where a couple too, I'm not 100% sure on that part though.
ImageImage
erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by erictks1 »

I believe those bosses in timeless isle serve as good spirit beast candidate
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The reasons why they might not be able to be tamable is: one, due to how those World Bosses work, it may break them if they are tamed. You never actually kill them. When you defeat one (which happens at 1% health) they cycle to the next World Boss. It may break the cycle if one of them is tamed.

The other reason why they may not be made tamable is because they are sentient Wild Gods. Sure, there have been some sentient beings that have been made tamable, but (IMO at least) those should be exceptions to the rule.

It would be better if mobs that looked like them were made and were placed somewhere on Pandaria.
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

Speaking of the Ancient Celestials, and sorry in advance for the off-topic post, but as a part-time monk player, I was really hoping that with all the Wild Gods in Legion and BFA, monks would be given some glyphs to swap their Celestial patrons out for some Ancients/Loa more fitting for a night elf or troll character. Being able to summon Ashamane or Kimbul instead of Xuen, for example.
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether

Unread post by Noguchi »

I would love the ability to tame the hexed Thornclaws.
WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by WildcatTM »

Does either of the Armoured Fiery Red Dread Raven keep their names?