How are you doing - Corona Thread

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

How are you doing - Corona Thread

Unread post by Ana »

I thought I would make a thread where ppl could post their thoughts/well being during this time.

My husband and I are well. His bypass surgery has been postponed due to corona, but so far only to the 20th March.
We have plenty of food and supplies. We shop online as we usually do and have felt no need for hoarding. The situation in the Danish supermarkets were dramatic but only during the first day. I think ppl have calmed down a bit and hubby were able to go down and shop as usually without too much ques earlier today.
We are used to being indoor so its not a huge change for us. We relax, we read in the bible and we maintain contact with our spiriutal brothers and sisters via Skype/Facetime/Stream etc. All our meetings is streamed online and Jehovah's Wittiness in Denmark will for a period only use phone, mail, letters and sms to preach so we dont spread the infection. So expect us to call, text or write you instead of knocking on your door :D ;)

How are you guys doing in your areas? Hopefully all are safe and well.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: How are you doing - Corona Thread

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Spouse is home, as the area schools have been closed. Community meetings have also been suspended, so our book club is currently discussing how we should hold our meeting online. Our Starfinder RPG group is fearless, and will be meeting as usual :) Stopped by our local Indian grocery to stock up on rice and dahl--we're set for a while! The grocery store nearest my sister was cleaned out. I'll check in with her tomorrow to see how their food supply is holding up.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

We're doing ok here in Australia. There has been panic buying: at first toilet paper, then any pasta, rice and canned foods over this weekend, but I haven't bothered really stocking up and I'll get more stuff this week when the mania dies down. I think Indian grocery stores are a great idea, Gorm, since they're probably less prone to crazed panic-buyers than supermarkets. So thanks for that suggestion. I'm still working, but my company is very small and we don't deal with the public directly much, plus I use protective gloves and coats all day.

I'm pretty sad that my trip was cancelled. A good Kiwi friend and I were supposed to be hiking in NZ in April over Easter, which would have coincided with my 50th birthday and would have been a great distraction from it. But it's had to be postponed indefinitely since NZ has implemented tight border controls on visitors (plus it's probably not a good idea to be travelling by plane right now anyway!). So now there are no plans for my 50th.

It's good your church is acting sensibly, Tarn. There are reports of some truly idiotic behaviour by certain religious groups here. For example, at least one Greek Orthodox church in Melbourne declared that since communion is holy it can't be infected with virus and so they've continued to administer communion wine to all worshippers from the same cup! o.O Also, a certain evangelical "church" (which I would rather regard as a money-making scam/cult) just held a huge rally this weekend with many hundreds of people, for several days. They seem to also believe they're immune (it's the same "church" that just bought a huge penthouse headquarters in Manhattan and declared it was "God's miracle", rather than a property investment by obscenely wealthy church owners who harvest millions from their followers)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

There is a confirmed case 25-30 miles from me, in the town where someone I work with lives (she is well known for coming to work sick, so hopefully she stays healthy). Schools are closed, lots of things are cancelled. It's sort of hard to find supplies, but I haven't stockpiled or anything, just shopped as usual. I may pick up a few extras, if cases continue to grow. My boss has ordered extra cleanings at work since we deal with the public a lot.

Editing this to add our governor has now banned gatherings of 100 or more people.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

In Denmark we also have the same ban. Some countries has down to 5 and 10!
Jehovahs wittness are streaming their meetings so we can obey the goverment. Wain I was schoked to hear that some churces where you live disregard the safety messures!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

A few cases in my county, so things in Michigan are definitely following the same line of logic as most other places- work from home if you can, close the schools, cancel events. Unfortunately I work in a shop and it hasn't closed yet (we sell perishables, so it's a bit complicated), so I'm still going to work. Not entirely thrilled about it. :,D I'd MUCH rather self quarantine myself now and stay safe, especially as my girlfriend is immunocompromised and high risk due to her chronic illness. I hate that I'm the biggest threat to her health!

Luckily most of my social circle is online, so honestly, I don't think loneliness will be a problem here. If work does get closed, it'll just mean more time for me to sit down and do some art.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:27 am I'm pretty sad that my trip was cancelled. A good Kiwi friend and I were supposed to be hiking in NZ in April over Easter, which would have coincided with my 50th birthday and would have been a great distraction from it. But it's had to be postponed indefinitely since NZ has implemented tight border controls on visitors (plus it's probably not a good idea to be travelling by plane right now anyway!). So now there are no plans for my 50th.
Same dude. I cancelled my trip to Japan on Saturday (was due to fly out Thursday!) after the government raised the travel warning for pretty much everywhere. Pretty bummed. Miss sakura bloom and skiing. We will try reschedule for November when all this nonsense is over. We were keen to still go when the warning was a 2 cause I think we'll get it anyway but not now. My boss cancelled her trip to the UK as well as the wedding she was attending got cancelled and plus her mothers 90th since all over 70s in the UK go into isolation for a month!!

My husband is on leave until April 14 which is just as well as 2 ppl in his camp are in isolation with it and he's got crew that fifo in from Bali that are probably stuck there now as the government now has mandatory isolation from anyone travelling from anywhere for 14 days (which makes coming to work irrelevant for ppl on a 8:6 roster). Not sure if his site is infected how that will play out but I guess we will find out. I can't really work from home unless they close the library to external clients or the building itself but the department I work has said full pay for if we do. Shits cray cray.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Was going to go visit my friend this week in Canada... soooo that got cancelled for now. At least until things calm down a bit. Dear mother and I have been trying to make sure we have everything, but we always miss SOMETHING important from the grocery store. Hopefully tomorrow will be the last trip I have to take there and then we have to go to CVS on Tuesday for even a CHANCE at some disinfectant wipes. Of course, it doesn't help Massachusetts has a good chunk of the cases in the States. Well, most seem to be linked to that bio conference that moron went to.

Schools are closed, library closed etc etc. I'm just bummed I'll have to wait to see my friend, but hey, at least Delta gave me flight credit.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I think the biggest issue I'm having is I need a job atm and no one is hiring >.>
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I had a dentist appointment set for next week. They're now shutting down due to coronavirus. Guess I'll try again in May. :o
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

I'm on the front lines of it. Goes with the territory of being a healthcare worker (in my case, x-ray tech). Thankfully, no signs of symptoms in me so far.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

We had a raise of 8 intensive care ppl since yesterday. Hubby fear his bypass will be postponed even longer. We kinda want it done now so he can to home before the situation becomes worse
But we just have to wait and see

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Denmark just added a ban on gatherings with more than 10 ppl. All shops which does not sell food will be closed.
Hubby and I are still calm and have plenty of supplies

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

My youngest brother lives in an area that's on lockdown. Going out can get you a misdemeanor if it's not a place allowed.
The county my dad lives in now requires a permit to enter it.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

A large bit of my tooth just fell for. But I got no pain so not dentist due to corona.. :shock:

The picture is the piece which fell off
Attachments
20200318_103506.jpg
20200318_103506.jpg (2.37 MiB) Viewed 14076 times

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tårnfalk wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:47 am A large bit of my tooth just fell for. But I got no pain so not dentist due to corona.. :shock:

The picture is the piece which fell off
Ouch :( As long as there's no pain hopefully you'll be fine for a while. I lost a piece of a molar when I was in rural India and it wasn't convenient to see a dentist. There was no pain and when I got back I forgot about it for a while and ended up not getting it repaired for aeound 2 years XD
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

The real dangers of boredom: in a fit of reckless abandon, I had my other half give me a buzz cut with his clippers! Not sure how I feel about the actual shape of my head :) Helped confirm that I'm silvering mostly near my temples, though! (Our county is on shutdown, now.)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

we are on semi shotdown too.. Im not allowed to visit hubby in the hospital which sucks.. he has not been well enough to call or text me yet but I contacted the hospital yesterday and the nurse said he was so very tired and had A LOT of nausea
I soo miss talking to him.. I dont think I never before has gone so long without hearing from him...
Im concerned for his mental health but I just have to have patience.. Nothing I can do since Im not allowed to go visit him

Wain.. my tooth dont hurt yet so thats good :D

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tårnfalk wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:26 am we are on semi shotdown too.. Im not allowed to visit hubby in the hospital which sucks.. he has not been well enough to call or text me yet but I contacted the hospital yesterday and the nurse said he was so very tired and had A LOT of nausea
I soo miss talking to him.. I dont think I never before has gone so long without hearing from him...
Im concerned for his mental health but I just have to have patience.. Nothing I can do since Im not allowed to go visit him

Wain.. my tooth dont hurt yet so thats good :D
:hug: I'm so sorry you two have to deal with stress and worry :( But at least I see on the Happy thread that he finally got his surgery! (I only saw that after my initial reply). I'm so glad to hear that. I hope he picks up quickly now.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Just talked to the nurse again and he is still not well enough to contact us.. he has not had bowel movement or been able to come out of bed to walk. The nurse said he is struggeling both mentally and fysically

And I cant be there. I Hate corona..