Shadowlands General Discussion

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Shadowlands General Discussion

Unread post by Wain »

Cool! Good luck! :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

I'm super curious as to how they'll handle certain class abilities...will BM hunters need to be max level to tame exotic beasts? I'd like to them to at least bring back picking specs pet families. I find myself not using certain pets anymore cause of the locked spec thing right now.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

MaximumOverdrive wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:20 pm I'm super curious as to how they'll handle certain class abilities...will BM hunters need to be max level to tame exotic beasts? I'd like to them to at least bring back picking specs pet families. I find myself not using certain pets anymore cause of the locked spec thing right now.
It'll be interesting to see. I kinda agree regarding pet specs - on paper it seems interesting to differentiate families by giving them different specs, but in practice it spoils a lot of them. There was a reason the class designers moved away from that some years ago and it seems weird they just went back to it, especially when it was the kind of regression that nobody was asking for.

As far as exotics goes, hopefully they’re tameable at lower level. But as I’ve said in the past I would prefer to see that category removed entirely as it’s a little redundant when hunters can tame all kinds of weird and crazy things that *aren’t* exotic, yet only some hunters can tame things that are classified as exotic but are actually pretty mundane.

If we want to keep some pets only for Beast Masters then one option would be to make all families open to all hunters, but classify a subgroup of each as special or exotic or whatever. Take turtles, for example: the majority could be tameable by anyone, but maybe only BM could control a fancy fire turtle or the glowing stone one.

Spirit Beasts could remain a family composed of only exotic pets, or they could be split up and each merged into the family it’s associated with. So, a number of families could end up with “spirit” members which get extra powers and are BM only, but which still take their core abilities from that associated family. That would also mean that creatures like spirit moose no longer end up with nonsensical abilities like Claw and Growl, which were created with the assumption that spirit beasts were cats.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I like the idea of everyone being able to tame everything, but BM hunters get 'exotic' abilities for each family.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

GormanGhaste wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:15 pm I like the idea of everyone being able to tame everything, but BM hunters get 'exotic' abilities for each family.
Agreed :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Ignoring current exotics, what sort of interesting abilities could each pet family get? My choice for rodents would be Sunder Armor, because HUGE SHARP TEETH. It'd also make Rodents worth using, poor forgotten family.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

WerebearGuy wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:03 pm Ignoring current exotics, what sort of interesting abilities could each pet family get? My choice for rodents would be Sunder Armor, because HUGE SHARP TEETH. It'd also make Rodents worth using, poor forgotten family.
And also include rats, mice, beavers (is that a rodent.. ohh well fits in the grp), rabbits, hares, prairiedogs and so on

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Has there been any word about how heirlooms will be handled? Like, I don't have any of my heirlooms maxed out on how high of a level they can go, but they are all over 60, so will the item squish cause them to only work til like level 40? Or will all heirlooms now just go to level 50? I'm mostly asking cause I'm trying to figure out if I should buy the upgrades for them or not.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

There hasn't been anything said yet. We will probably have to wait till Alpha to find out.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I am waiting to upgrade the rest of my looms. . already spendt a lot om upgrades but curious to see how the heirlooms will work in Shadowlands.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

There will be quite a bit of outrage if they make the upgrade levels mean nothing. Considering some of us spent 500,000 + 500,000 to upgrade them to 3/4 then 4/4.

I suspect it'll be like, "Goes up to 35/40/45/50." but we don't know yet.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Remarkable little we Know if the expansions is hitting next year. ..the next patch can't take more than 3 months to get through and then just waiting until expansion? I hope it's not going to be a long drawnout process. .

Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

I would fist-fight a dev for the possibility to use my rylak or Loque'nahak while in MM or Surv spec...
imar9

Unread post by imar9 »

I wonder what pets we'll see in Ardenweald.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Thus far we have seen the glow worms and the new stags, but I'm sure that there'll be more.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

There’s a good chance a Shadowlands alpha (that can be datamined) is imminent. While it’s been obvious that Blizzard have been releasing private builds for weeks, the Shadowlands client is no longer classed as deprecated in Battle net. Hopefully it means a public build is coming soon!

Of course, it could be for other reasons and we may be getting hyped over nothing :p
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

According to the post that Blizzard recently made, a closed alpha will be starting later this week!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Confirmed stable size increase! Let's hope "significant" is a nice size boost.
"To prepare for the fight ahead, all Hunters will have their stable size significantly increased to hold many companions including the new creatures they discover and tame in the ethereal wilds of the Shadowlands."
https://www.wowhead.com/news=311877/sha ... hilo#item4
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Sylvanas

Valnaaros
Pet Finder