Rant Thread

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Wain »

Tårnfalk wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:50 am His infection numbers wont go down... foot still look like the pictures..
Prob be another week or longer before I see him .. :cry:
Poor guy :( Is it cellulitis?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

oh so sorry Tarn hope he gets better soon, hugs!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I got no clue what cellulitis is heh
His ketoacidose is the reason for his infection numbers not Going down as far as i know
He wants to come home so badly.. his mental health is getting to be a problem.. he does not cope well away from home..not sure what to do

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Tårnfalk wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:55 am I got no clue what cellulitis is heh
His ketoacidose is the reason for his infection numbers not Going down as far as i know
He wants to come home so badly.. his mental health is getting to be a problem.. he does not cope well away from home..not sure what to do
My stepfather fell a few months ago and ended up with a deep gash. He got cellulitis from it. He had to go to a wound center to get it worked on for months and ended up in the hospital twice because of the infection. Hopefully that won't be the case for you guys. He did eventually get better though and is doing fine now. I think it's just a thing that needs medication and to be watched carefully, but I am not an expert. I hope you guys will be okay soon.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Silent screaming into a pillow. Husbands foot has taken a turn for the worse with a lot of black dead skin so now they need to cut his foot open. That surgery will take place Tomorrow...
Might result in a week or two more at hospital..

:?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Aww sorry to hear about the complications. Just remember he's in the best place for him right now, even though it's stressing him out. Dead stuff has to be removed, and the wound cleaned. Hope he feels better soon.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

He has threatned the staff to elope via a cab because he cannot stand to be there anymore... which is not good...

Hopefully his foot surgery goes well tomorrow...

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

At least he feels spunky enough to make threats, so even though it's not good in one way, in another, it kinda is. Wishing him the best. I adopted one of is dragons the other day. I plan on giving it some new genes, and will show it once I can raise the funds to do so. I hope he'll like it. :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I am sure he will... I let me self in and made the transfer as he has no internet on the hospital

And its sadly noy a threat.. if his psyche goes off he will release himself... he has before.. it´s sadly not spunk it´s his mental health slowly collapsing... Last time it happened he released himself and was admitted 1/2 day after with a 911 call..

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Hubby just called
His foot surgery did not go well. They round a lot of puss and bacteria under his dead skin. New foot surgery in two days. If the puss dont to away they need to put a drain in his foot and then he wont come home for 14 days at least.

I dont know how much more we can handle... :|
Last edited by Ana on Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh no :( I hope they're pumping him full of antibiotics. Hopefully it will get rid of them.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

At least they got in and saw what they are dealing with, as well as getting it cleaned up some. That can only help. Sorry this isn't going the way you hoped. :(
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

16 days since i last saw my husband.. and that was only for a 1/2 a day.. Hubbys foot so bad now that they are treating it with V.A.C. Therapy System with antibiotics iE ... which is at least 14 days more, maybe 3 weeks

Im totally utterly exhausted and sad :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Asthma sucks, my breathing has become very difficult and its not really safe for me to go in and get it treated.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

uuuugggh bad brain day feel like the most obnoxious loudmouth in the world and i'd like to delete my social existence off of everywhere thanks

the instant i shut up everyone else starts talking way more and that's a good sign that maybe i should shut up more often

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Sorry if this gross anyone out..

They had to cut even more tissue of hubbys foot

https://i.imgur.com/M71NSHc.jpg

looking at at least 14 days more maybe 3 weeks.. last I saw him was marts 30th :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

worst thing is that he keep wanting to release himself.. took me 3 hours on the phone to persuade him not to release himself today...His mental health is super bad.... :cry:

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

In the US, if a person's mental health is bad, they may not be able to discharge themselves. Is this not the case where you live?

That said, it looks like they got rid of the dead tissue and did a good job cleaning it up. Healing of this sort is usually best done from the inside out, if that makes sense. Hope he heals well and quickly.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

You have to be a lot more mentally ill than hubby is before they force you..
I just hope i can pursuade vil to stay

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

If he does insist, can there be a backup plan like he checks in regularly with them for wound care? Best of luck to you and hoping he listens.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Dewclaw wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:04 pm If he does insist, can there be a backup plan like he checks in regularly with them for wound care? Best of luck to you and hoping he listens.
If he releases himself he also release them of all responsibility.. Thats why I pursuade him to stay.. if they release him he get a nurse with specialization in wound care..