Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:14 am They're saying the windsteeds may be getting called Qilin/Kirin instead, which is the oriental mythological beast that the windsteeds are based on. It's wishful thinking at best right now, but since Quilen (A weird misspelling of Qilin, perhaps?) are being renamed to Stone Hound for whatever reason, it's a valid theory. Most likely going to stags, but hey. Wishful thinking!
The only problem with this is that Blizz would need to go back and rename any time that Quilen have been called Quilen ingame. Quest dialogue, voice overs, battle pet text, etc.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Found a screenshot of the white-gold flightless Bastion Teroclaw. It's not just a new texture, but a modified model too. Not a major modification, but it's noticeably different. In a good way, for the record.

EDIT: Not a modified model, I just never noticed the giant fingers in the original's model. Just a new texture!
Attachments
1586493608986.jpg
1586493608986.jpg (326.15 KiB) Viewed 10040 times
Radikid

Unread post by Radikid »

Big boi https://ibb.co/gyd192Y

If anyone wants to see more pets just tell me.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I love so many of the creature designs we've seen! I think this is number one on my wishlist so far :)
920253.png
920253.png (922.89 KiB) Viewed 10032 times
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Vephriel wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:07 am I love so many of the creature designs we've seen! I think this is number one on my wishlist so far :)
920253.png
His Hakuna didn't Matata so well.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

The Death Wargs straight up look like Patrick Warburton voices them. I can NOT unsee it.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I can just imagine it now; all Death Wargs are "voiced" by Patrick Warburton, just saying "bark bark", "Growl", and saying other onomatopoeia sounds you'd expect from a weird manbear. Unless they do this, Shadowlands is CONFIRMED the worst expansion.
Vephriel

Magnakilro wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:17 pm The Death Wargs straight up look like Patrick Warburton voices them. I can NOT unsee it.
This is now canon.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Magnakilro wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:17 pm The Death Wargs straight up look like Patrick Warburton voices them. I can NOT unsee it.
Hahah! They so do.

I think they also kinda look like a darkhound crossed with Thanos.
deathwarg.png
deathwarg.png (222.68 KiB) Viewed 9764 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Thats actually scary accurate. They fit the whole aesthetic of their zone but definitely the most fugly thing In wow.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

So, those things use the bear animations, right? I fear using the piccolo to make them dance. I can totally see them start smiling while they dance, and it horrifies me.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

I mean they're my #1 tamable want. They're cool vampire bear/dog things. I really like them. They're certainly not for everyone but they're not the ugliest thing in WoW. ;)

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh, I think they mean ugly in a good way, in that they are by no means 'pretty' but they look mean and they're perfect for their area :)

I would like to see horns on them though!
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Rams! It looks like the new Stormpike battlecharger model. There's also the vicious war ram model, it'd be my preference, but I love them both. ♪♫ "Sheep go to Bastion, Goats go to Maw." ♫♪

Decomposer babies look like worm/grubs. Medium look like a combination of stag and rhinoceros beetles.

I hope we get the skull-boar, we've gotten UD boars before. There's also skull-rat, call a "maw rat" ha ha ha. It uses hyena animations, including combat animations, so it could be a new tameable rodent.
Attachments
mawrat.png
mawrat.png (132.43 KiB) Viewed 9501 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I think Blizzard forgot they gave us a Rodent family. So many good options to add, but they never did add any. Would be nice to get a Maw Rat, even if the texture looks like a critter's.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Maw Rats are actually beasts in the game (so far)

Which is interesting to me.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

I'm really loving the new ram models. I hope they update more of the old models. Specially now that we get to choose which expansion to level up in. I think the older expansions and the classic game could really need an update. Not just the beasts but also the other models and the textures on the old armour and weapons.

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Sorry, I'm still going with the model shots for Petopia. The lack of major changes to the database means it's been easier to get them this Alpha, but it still takes time. It's not just a matter of running WMV and getting the pictures, I've had to check code into WMV so it runs with Shadowlands, then go through all the datamined texture files on Martin Benjamins' site, select the relevant ones, and give them proper names, based on appearance/colour. Now that's all fixed I've been taking shots and am roughly 70-80% done now, at 169 images. Some will be delayed as they use spectral / ethereal effects which WMV isn't rendering, but hopefully I'll get the rest up tomorrow.
Vephriel

Wain wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:34 pm Sorry, I'm still going with the model shots for Petopia. The lack of major changes to the database means it's been easier to get them this Alpha, but it still takes time. It's not just a matter of running WMV and getting the pictures, I've had to check code into WMV so it runs with Shadowlands, then go through all the datamined texture files on Martin Benjamins' site, select the relevant ones, and give them proper names, based on appearance/colour. Now that's all fixed I've been taking shots and am roughly 70-80% done now, at 169 images. Some will be delayed as they use spectral / ethereal effects which WMV isn't rendering, but hopefully I'll get the rest up tomorrow.
that's awesome Wain, I'm so excited to see all of your images later, thanks a bunch for getting to them so quickly! :hug:

Highlight of a new expansion is always the new pet models and speculation. :D
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I can't wait to see that funky turtle he mentioned. That one's got my interest the most right now, even though I'm DYING to see the new juvenile thunder isles birds. We've got months before the expansion, so take your time Wain!