Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Wain »

I got a port to the old world and checked a bunch of rams (and a few horses). Almost all rams now use the new model, but none I've seen so far are tameable (same with horses). I submitted a few suggestions about the tameability of various ram NPCs, bugged one NPC that was still using the old model, and also suggested the "Ram" critter than appears in a few places be made a beast - it's a full-size ram and should be! If those NPCs become tameable then almost all the ram colours will be covered.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I can't seem to take a portal to Boralus from Stormwind (might have to do the unlock chain), so I can't check things that are too high level on live, like Beehemoth. There should be a few things like that, with previously unavailable looks, that will now be tameable.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:03 pm I got a port to the old world and checked a bunch of rams (and a few horses). Almost all rams now use the new model, but none I've seen so far are tameable (same with horses). I submitted a few suggestions about the tameability of various ram NPCs, bugged one NPC that was still using the old model, and also suggested the "Ram" critter than appears in a few places be made a beast - it's a full-size ram and should be! If those NPCs become tameable then almost all the ram colours will be covered.
I know it's not fully accurate, but I checked WoWhead and the stuff that may be labeled tameable on there, and I've seen nothing that wasn't in Shadowlands itself that is now tameable.

So maybe that'll get a taming pass later?
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Wain wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:05 pmI can't seem to take a portal to Boralus from Stormwind (might have to do the unlock chain).
Is the ship to Boralus not working either?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

GormanGhaste wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:36 pm
Wain wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:05 pmI can't seem to take a portal to Boralus from Stormwind (might have to do the unlock chain).
I'll try that out tonight. I figured I would have to do the intro story, but maybe not :)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Wain wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:31 pm
GormanGhaste wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:36 pm
I'll try that out tonight. I figured I would have to do the intro story, but maybe not :)
I definitely went to Boralus at like level 20 on a new character, so it's entirely possible by boat.

However, the boat has a habit of glitching and sending you to Hillsbrad on live when you try to go back to Stormwind.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks! I got there. I'll check again when Beehemoth is up. Unfortunately I can't work out how to unlock Nazjatar at this stage - the portal is missing and I cant find any quests related to it. In fact KT is currently in a kind of weird situation where a lot of things are already unlocked (including WQs), as if I'd already done the zone intro, but other things aren't (like the entire portal room), and there don't seem to be any quests pertaining to them.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

More tameable gargon colours!
gargon-darkgrey.png
gargon-darkgrey.png (550.79 KiB) Viewed 5151 times
gargon-brown.png
gargon-brown.png (550.54 KiB) Viewed 5151 times
gargon-grey.png
gargon-grey.png (578.32 KiB) Viewed 5151 times
gargon-white.png
gargon-white.png (594.82 KiB) Viewed 5151 times
The dark grey (with white mane) and light grey are possibly only available from mobs that currently phase out after you've completed certain quests (in western Revendreth). I'm hoping other gargons with those looks will be available by launch. The brown is available in the big, central city area.

As are two colours of dredbat! Until now, I've only found untameable ones, but I finally ran into some purple and dark green ones I could tame in the central citadel.
dredbat-purple.png
dredbat-purple.png (618.57 KiB) Viewed 5151 times
dredbat-green.png
dredbat-green.png (623.55 KiB) Viewed 5151 times
The red, and stone coloured dredbats are both in the zone but currently untameable. I'm sure that'll change.

You can see all the unavailable dredbat and gargon colours on our Shadowlands looks page.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I really love Revendreth. It's huge, with contrasting environments (but still on theme). You go from dark & sinister forests, to desolate plains where the harsh Light burns stubborn souls, to lofty gothic castles. And the characterization is brilliant :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Man, the pre-beta times are some of the most hype. Those bats look surprisingly good, and I'm glad the purple one is tameable. Here's hoping the other colors become tameable soon!
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

Wain wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:52 pm More tameable gargon colours!

gargon-darkgrey.png gargon-brown.png gargon-grey.png gargon-white.png
As always, I apologize for my machine translator English.

Is it me, or are the new stone dogs a great tribute (come on, they are very similar) to the stone dog from the "gargolyes" series? (lower left corner).

I hope it comes out blue xd
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tsukina wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:36 am Is it me, or are the new stone dogs a great tribute (come on, they are very similar) to the stone dog from the "gargolyes" series? (lower left corner).
I hope it comes out blue xd
I never saw that show, but a number of people have mentioned that dog, so it's not just you :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

It's a bit of a stretch to compare them, since Bronx is FAR superior, but he's basically a mix of the snapdragon and gargon. It would be amazing to have a model like him show up.

Also, I need to rewatch Gargoyles. Such a great show.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I would like the bear-hounds so much more if they had gargoyle fin ears, but they're still growing on me a bit. Not sure if I'll tame one myself, but they suit the zone.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Not a huge fan of the dogs they look off to me, but I did love that gargoyles show! I found my old little figures from it the other day and was so happy I put them up on my book shelf.
I think the moths are my favorite so far as well as the eaglelion guys. Kind of hoping we get the ghostly armor bears because they'd go well with some of the mail tmogg sets.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Stiven from WoWhead datamined a rather cool Maw Roach. More pictures incoming soon.

Would be a really cool hunter pet if you ask me. Doesn't look that low res either.

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

There we go.

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I'd rather have one as a battle pet, since it's pretty thin and tiny in design. Maybe it's as big as any other beetle, but I think that'd be best as a critter. Still a cool creature though. That dark blue one is really nice.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:25 pm I'd rather have one as a battle pet, since it's pretty thin and tiny in design. Maybe it's as big as any other beetle, but I think that'd be best as a critter. Still a cool creature though. That dark blue one is really nice.
I mean, I think it has more resolution than the Aqir beetles. They're just less bulky in terms of design. :p

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:25 pm I'd rather have one as a battle pet, since it's pretty thin and tiny in design. Maybe it's as big as any other beetle, but I think that'd be best as a critter. Still a cool creature though. That dark blue one is really nice.
I agree. They seem more fitting as battle pets than hunter pets.