LF Advice Thread

AcadiAnne
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Classic Alliance/ Retail Alliance and Horde

Re: LF Advice Thread

Unread post by AcadiAnne »

How do you get hatchlings to sell for a decent price? I’ve looked for days/ weeks for a perfect pair (based on the color wheel, or the parents have the exact same desirable colors and genes), breed them, get as good a result as their parents, and can’t sell them for more than fodder prices. What am I missing?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I sell my hatchlings at around 6k unless they have new genes. I exalt 99 % of them so there is no secret to selling hatchlings for a big price ...

The market is flodded with dragons so breeding will never be a good source if its your main income

I do coli and Glimmer & Gloom to make cash. Breeding I do for fun

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

AcadiAnne
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Thanks. My aesthetic is black/ red/ white, and I have noticed that obsidian/ crimson/ white is the gold standard. When I pay more to get the exact colors for parents, the sale of offspring do not reflect the parents’ price. Oh well, I’ll keep doing the Glimmer and Gloom hard mode and hope for the best. :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I have hatchlings every day. Even though they are fodder it still gives a little money. I have seen and know ppl who have alot of obs/crim/white dragons and they dont sell for that much more than the other colors. Some combos looks nicer and are rarer but once you start breeding other will have access to them too

I been around since 2013 and eventually you get used to having to exalt and only breeding for fun :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

AcadiAnne
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Thanks! I have found that it is isn’t hard at all to get to level 5 with just Scratch; I may just stick to that.

And yes, I’d like to think I’ve come up with a new idea, but this game has been around a while. Even if I do somehow manage to come up with a novelty, will it sell? It seems like the only reason to keep going is for fun and not profit, like you said.

Coliseum, here I come! :D
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Enjoy :) Im slowly lveling all my dragons to LVL 25 . Once you get a coli team lvl up fodder wil be much easier.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

You might want to check out the Shadow forums on FR--many flights have a coli training program that will lend you level 25 dragons so that you can quickly train up your own.
AcadiAnne
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I have an idea for a subspecies. Can I run it past you all here before I present it to the masses on FR?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Sure thing:) Thats what we are here for

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Oh yeah! Even the most cursory glance at my lair will tell you I love subspecies :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

AcadiAnne wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:15 am Thanks! I have found that it is isn’t hard at all to get to level 5 with just Scratch; I may just stick to that.

And yes, I’d like to think I’ve come up with a new idea, but this game has been around a while. Even if I do somehow manage to come up with a novelty, will it sell? It seems like the only reason to keep going is for fun and not profit, like you said.

Coliseum, here I come! :D
Once you get your lvl 25 coli team buy adult dragons for max 6500 treasure until you are broke. lvl them in the mire til they are lvl 7. Exalt them and get around 10 - 11 k .

If you get patience you can lvl them to higher and get even more advance

example I started on buying dragons at around 30k. Only buy dragons who are at least half fed or you cannot use them in coli. Hungrier dragons will eat your profit so dont buy those

Before exalting 5 lvl 7 dragons

after exalting 5 lvl 7 dragons:

Then you buy more dragons

and lvl them to lvl 7 and exalt them

made around 75k in pure exalt money .. and on top of that I got lucky to get an egg, food and several familiars which you can add to the profit. Rinse and Repeat until your bored/tired/wrist or hand hurting
Never buy for gems only treasure.

and you can keep on doing this as long as there are cheap adult dragons to buy on the ah. Personally I never go higher than 6500 treasure and I stop lvl around lvl 7 because it´s faster

If you got patience you can also buy hatchlings and for very cheap, put them in the hibernal den until they grow up and then lvl and exalt them. Remember to put them in the hibernal, else the feeding cost will almost eat up your profit

AcadiAnne
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Thanks! I picked up a level 25 and specced it with the classic Mire leveling spec (117 Str/ 70 Qck/ 25 Vit), and I have every stone recommended (thanks again!) except Eliminate (for obvious reasons). I got my Progens to level 12 today, so hopefully I'll have the means to dual level fodder as well as a full farm team soon. The Shadow Flight does have resources available, but I'd rather do it on my own, if that makes any sense ( I mean, other than buying a level 25; at least that way I get to pick one I like to keep permanently).

Unfortunately, I made a noob mistake and filled up my Hibernal Den with a future project. Although I think it is good that lair space is limited (it makes one really think about every dragon acquired), the difficulty in getting additional Hibernal Den space is daunting.
Last edited by AcadiAnne on Sun May 31, 2020 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
AcadiAnne
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Speaking of advice, how do you experienced players choose new dragons to add to your breeding programs? You all have very sophisticated results in the "Show Your Dragons" thread; how did you make the choices that resulted in your final breeding outcomes? Do you find you've evolved much since you started?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I have changed a lot since I started.
I only collect dragons with an id of 6digit or lower in my lair, and I prefer pairs with good matching colors.
I use a lot of treasure and gems to scatter my dragons into colors I like. I al very picky and usually goes for plague asthetic though I have some other asthetic mixed in.

I would suggest you try to focus on what you like. Matching colors? Subspecies? Larger color combo for more vide range hatchlings? A specific asthetic? And so on.

If you ever see a mafia hatchling or one of my hatchlings they are always free

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I know a lot of people have a strong lair aesthetic or organize their entire lair into mated pairs, but I mostly don't. Most of my dragons are impulse purchases, actually. I'll go into Dragon Share and see a subspecies or color combo that I like, and then see what's available on the AH. I have a lot of saved dragon searches, because often it will be days, weeks before I can find something I'm looking for. As for breeding, often I'll just be pairing up two dragons with similar color ranges, rather than a permanent pair. Foresee Progeny is very helpful! Here's a couple of breeding resources: color wheel and breeding rarity charts.

I recommend making investing in lair and den spaces a high priority, you won't regret it! Opening up HD slots will get easier once you have a fully kitted out farming pair--eliminates are also very much worth the investment. And be sure to check the AH, some of the stuff for HD slots is fairly inexpensive.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I just choose pairs based on my personal aesthetics. Given how hard it is to sell, I recommend picking pairs that make you happy. My lair is fairly organized.

If you want to peek at it
https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/31598

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I usually pick one I reallly like and then find a mate for it that matches somewhat, but I find it's the most fun if you pick dragons you like. Even if the babies come out like someone melted a crayon box it's exciting to see what happens.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Ok. I always roll my eyes when I see these posts on the FR forum, but I guess I feel justified asking here because we're a smaller community and I think you all might have a feel for what I like. So I've been thinking about Earth flight for a while. It's a...six month commitment? I have so many earthy dragons, I love brown eyes, and I think I'd like being in a smaller flight. All the dom discounts don't hurt, of course, but if that was why I wanted to change, I would have done it a long time ago. Is it true they trend older? I'd like that. And most flights do most of their community stuff on discord now...maybe I wouldn't find discord as overwhelming with a smaller community? Anyway, welcome any comment, still thinking about it at this point.
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I don't know much about earth, but I do think it would suit you. :)
AcadiAnne
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

From my interactions with you, you seem very grounded, and your earth-toned dragons are amazing. If you feel called to the Earth flight, go with it, imvvho.
Last edited by AcadiAnne on Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.