Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by worgpower »

Snails would be a good slow and a pet that has a slow ability, I would love to see a peacock raptor or devilsaur or a giant peacock in general, I would also love to see more tameable domestic dogs like the pug, the brewhound, the shepherd, and the corgis, plz Blizz, I need DOGS!
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

worgpower wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:51 pm Snails would be a good slow and a pet that has a slow ability, I would love to see a peacock raptor or devilsaur or a giant peacock in general, I would also love to see more tameable domestic dogs like the pug, the brewhound, the shepherd, and the corgis, plz Blizz, I need DOGS!

Like this from GW2? Cause that was always a cool design.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

That would be great in Wow, but should have the generic raptor snout and the colors of a real peacock
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Ohhh could Night Mare maybe be a spirit beast unicorn???
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

worgpower wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:56 pm That would be great in Wow, but should have the generic raptor snout and the colors of a real peacock
That raptor is dyable in GW2, so they can be whatever color you want.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Just seconding what Veph said earlier, it is best for now to just request what models and beasts currently exist in game rather than the creation of something new. Requests for new models or beasts can always be made in the lurker thread.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I would love a mammoth, I want one more than anything from older content
Edit: can never forget grubs, and pigs, OINK!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

worgpower wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:59 am I would love a mammoth, I want one more than anything from older content
Edit: can never forget grubs, and pigs, OINK!
I must add those pigs to the database tonight. I've now completed adding all pachyderm NPCs (mammoths and both kinds of elekks). I'm working through all the NPCs from untameable models so they can easily be flagged as tameable if / when that happens :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

It might be a big ask, but I'd love to get Rezan's devilsuar form. Even if it was spectral it's just so cool.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Bulletdance wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:46 pm It might be a big ask, but I'd love to get Rezan's devilsuar form. Even if it was spectral it's just so cool.
I'm still sad they didn't make unarmored living Devilsaurs in BfA. Would've been the perfect time. The MoP ones are somehow.. a little weird to me.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Seconding how the MoP model feels off. It's too round and "soft" looking. Devilsaurs are literally T.Rex with pronounced spines; they shouldn't look like bipedal lizard puppies. Save that for the adorable baby raptor battle pets. Devilsaurs should look like apex predators, ready to predate on your body. The ones that the undead devilsaurs would resemble in life would be amazing additions. This would be a good model replacement, unlike the saurids on Isle of Thunder.

I want the big baby raptors back, now that I remember them. They had the vanilla raptor model, but the texture of that one baby raptor with the tan snout. I want that back.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I would love an upscale remodel based on the classic Devilsaurs, I've spoken about it before, but the MoP ones just have a strangely lumpy look to them and don't have the sleek, sharp profiles of the originals. I'm fine with them existing as a secondary version, but the problem often becomes that if a new beast model has been made, they will use only that one for a long time unless there's reason to make a 3rd version.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

The 5.2 devilsaurs have piglike noses, and they’re eyes are not as menacing as the old ones, besides those 2 features the devilsaur is still a good model, it would of been better if they used the rezan model no armor, and add spines, that would be a true devilsaur
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Not exactly SL stuff right now, but just something interesting. I've been cataloguing NPCs for unused models of things, ahead of whatever turns out to be tameable next week.

In the process I came across something I'd never noticed before. The plain black cloud serpent actually has a bunch of subtle look variants, and most are used in Pandaria. The basis for these is that the basic cloud serpent model (but not the lightning) takes a second "spec" texture that gives it a sheen. For each base colour they also created a spec texture colour, but in the game they decided to mix them up a bit for the black model. This means there are blacks with red, blue, green, or gold sheens, as well as their intended barely-noticeable dark sheen. The effects are subtle but still noticeable. Compare these:

There's also a spec for the new pink cloud serpent, and when used on this model it has a kind of purple-pink sheen on black effect (this one isn't in game):

These effects can also be applied to other cloud serpent colours, but the effects are extremely subtle. Black is the only one where it's so obvious.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wow, that’s awesome, it’s just like noticing the runed darkhound flames and stuff, great job on finding subtle differences ;)
Kaydia
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Kaydia »

Not sure where to post this, but this seemed like the best spot. If there is a better place, please let me know. If nothing else, I might suggest a stickied thread for these kinds of reports.

This is for the purple vulpin in Ardenweald. I scoured the Furrowed Glen looking for the Timber Vulpin, or any vulpin, but I wasn't able to find one. The hunter I used is level 56. It may be gated behind zone quest completion or covenant progression, though I don't know why they would bother gating a level 56 npc behind covenant progress. It may have also been removed from the area.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kaydia wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:43 pm Not sure where to post this, but this seemed like the best spot. If there is a better place, please let me know. If nothing else, I might suggest a stickied thread for these kinds of reports.

This is for the purple vulpin in Ardenweald. I scoured the Furrowed Glen looking for the Timber Vulpin, or any vulpin, but I wasn't able to find one. The hunter I used is level 56. It may be gated behind zone quest completion or covenant progression, though I don't know why they would bother gating a level 56 npc behind covenant progress. It may have also been removed from the area.
Hmm, I'll have a look. They could be phased, but it's also possible they've been removed since I added those. I certainly didn't have a covenant when I first saw them, though.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Is it just me or does anybody notice the weird and cartoonish larion running animation, even the larion mounts don’t have it
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I just found out eyes of the beast has been implemented, WOO
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Seeing as how my beta invite has mysteriously not been sent out ( :( ), I can't play with Eyes. Is it the same as it was way back when, where it's just your pet's actionbar on your own hotbar? Or has it been changed in any way?