Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
pawprintedheart
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, WrA

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by pawprintedheart »

Sooooo scared to ask cause I never dared to dream these guys would ever be tameable...

But does anyone have confirmation on the blue flame skeletal dogs?? Like the Terrorfang Hound? :shock:
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

pawprintedheart wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:12 am Sooooo scared to ask cause I never dared to dream these guys would ever be tameable...

But does anyone have confirmation on the blue flame skeletal dogs?? Like the Terrorfang Hound? :shock:
Yes. They are tameable.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Spirit Beast versions of the August Celestials now that Cloud Serpents are tameable would be dope.

I'm unable to check right now, are there any tameable green cloud serpents? Thundering or otherwise.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

I don’t know if anyone’s checked, but this color is tameable
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/1291161112889745410

Nice. That should be confirmation that MoP pythons will become tameable next build or in a build to come. :)
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Aaralyn
Realm: Burning Legion

Unread post by Aaralyn »

Bambu wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:09 am Spirit Beast versions of the August Celestials now that Cloud Serpents are tameable would be dope.

I'm unable to check right now, are there any tameable green cloud serpents? Thundering or otherwise.
Regular jade one is available
and Yu'lon lookalike is set to tameable in the database but it belongs to non exisitng npc <thonk>
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Cloud serpent rep (up until a few hours ago!) had gotten pretty easy without much competition for the rep eggs. I kinda want to take some popcorn out there today and watch :)
Goblinoid

Unread post by Goblinoid »

GormanGhaste wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:10 am Cloud serpent rep (up until a few hours ago!) had gotten pretty easy without much competition for the rep eggs. I kinda want to take some popcorn out there today and watch :)
Reddit has several postings on Cloud Serpents being tameable so I think the news got out pretty fast since yesterday :P

By the way! Has anyone checked to see if the phantom creatures are tameable?

I can't find them on wowhead but they're basically undead ghosts like the hippogryph
Aaralyn

Unread post by Aaralyn »

I managed to get from Friendly to Exalted in Order of the Cloud Serpents under 30mins thanks to my friend who created multiple trial characters on dead realms and invited me after he ported to Jade Forest <3 Thanks for the headsup, I managed to do it before wowhead post.

The only Yu'lon lookalike would be during 3rd boss fight in Temple of Jade Serpent, it is beast afaik
Last edited by Aaralyn on Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Sadly, that Yu'lon isn't tameable. There's no tameable heavenly jade color, other than one in the database that isn't actually in the game anywhere.
Aaralyn

Unread post by Aaralyn »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:22 pm Sadly, that Yu'lon isn't tameable. There's no tameable heavenly jade color, other than one in the database that isn't actually in the game anywhere.
How about Tsulong? Heard only dark mode is available and day one doesnt count as tameable?

Also that Mogu invasion boss was riding armored serpent, is it tameable?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Aaralyn wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:25 pm
WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:22 pm Sadly, that Yu'lon isn't tameable. There's no tameable heavenly jade color, other than one in the database that isn't actually in the game anywhere.
How about Tsulong? Heard only dark mode is available and day one doesnt count as tameable?

Also that Mogu invasion boss was riding armored serpent, is it tameable?
Tsulong was confirmed as being tamable, but only the corrupted version since the purified version cannot be attacked.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

What if Tsulong goes into its yellow form while in the middle of being tamed? Does it cancel the tame, or...? Might this also be another timing-based tame where you gotta tame it the moment it swaps to gold to get the gold color?

EDIT: It's a two-minute timer. IF you can time the tame to end just as the two minute mark hits, maybe it'll tame the gold version?
Last edited by WerebearGuy on Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'd kind of suggest Tsulong be made untameable. :/ I thought he was more in the demigod category, like Yu'lon. He's certainly a full-on intelligent and powerful being. And we have access to other black celestial cloud serpents.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Since there is one tamable undead Devilsaur, has anyone checked the Reanimated Monstrosity is eastern Nazmir? Wowhead lists them as tamable, but I haven't seen anyone checking them.

Also, if anyone is moving in that direction, could they also check the Subjugated Pterrordax in Vol'dun? Same thing, Wowhead claims them to be tamable now.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:40 pm I'd kind of suggest Tsulong be made untameable. :/ I thought he was more in the demigod category, like Yu'lon. He's certainly a full-on intelligent and powerful being. And we have access to other black celestial cloud serpents.
That would be a reasonable compromise if they are wanting to keep the door closed to taming intelligent NPCs. They could always add NPC with those skins if they don't already exist elsewhere and they intend for us to tame them. I hope that happens for the likes of Nalak, Rei Lun, Huolon, but then again it didn't for Oondasta so who knows /shrug.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Wain wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:40 pm I'd kind of suggest Tsulong be made untameable. :/ I thought he was more in the demigod category, like Yu'lon. He's certainly a full-on intelligent and powerful being. And we have access to other black celestial cloud serpents.
I agree with that decision. He is an intelligent being and it can’t be reasoned that he is willingly serving alongside us, seeing as he is corrupted and wants to kill us.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Aggannor wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:45 pm Since there is one tamable undead Devilsaur, has anyone checked the Reanimated Monstrosity is eastern Nazmir? Wowhead lists them as tamable, but I haven't seen anyone checking them.

Also, if anyone is moving in that direction, could they also check the Subjugated Pterrordax in Vol'dun? Same thing, Wowhead claims them to be tamable now.

the monstrosity was checked I think, and it was tameable
Last edited by Aroim on Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

Has someone with beta access already checked the mummified ravasaurs in King's Rest? (If yes and it has already been posted in this thread, I am sorry for asking. I only saw the devilsaurs, bone windserpents and bone raptors.)
Kaydia
Pet Finder

Unread post by Kaydia »

Goblinoid wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:25 am
By the way! Has anyone checked to see if the phantom creatures are tameable?

I can't find them on wowhead but they're basically undead ghosts like the hippogryph
I have a hunter that exclusively collects ghost and spirit pets. Not just spirit beasts, but ghosts, like the Ghost Saber (https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... ransparent). I always welcome the chance to add to her stable. Hopefully there's more of these that become available. A ghost version of an ornate stone Quilen or the armored ones would be amazing.

Once the Beta settles down, I'll start taking a peek at the untameable ghosts.